DA and ECNL

I think this is a difference as Slammers announced what was happening. How did we all find out about Surf? I’ll tell you... a map of 2018/19. Based on the rollout for Slammers, seems like they cleverly planned it out. Surf seemed like they knew it was happening BUT didn’t believe that it would. Perhaps they should have reflected last year when DeAnza Force was going back and forth.
Agree. And another big difference is that dropping DA in favor of ECNL means no age banding, so more roster spots not less. Dropping ECNL means having to fight two age groups for spots already allocated. Also, the LAFC Slammers move was just a switch from one league to another, but Surf had both and dropped one.

ECNL in Southern Cal has become a second or third tier league.

Well they have first tier players because several commits to my players top 5 school play ECNL and I even believe that @LadiesMan217 had his daughter playing in the finals this weekend and she scored a couple of goals.

Players make the circuit elite not the other way around.

A little more background on the Strikers North team as this is not the same ECNL team from last year. This team is made up primarily of last year's Fullerton Rangers G04 White team that made it to the Semi-Finals of National Cup and lost to Arsenal in PKs. 13 players from that team moved over and we have added 3 additional.

Good luck to everyone going through this. Hoping everyone finds a situation that they can be happy with for the coming year.

This is one of those excellent teams that always seems to fly under the radar and is under appreciated because they don’t do many tournaments and have a quiet confidence about themselves. They’re like the Spurs, everybody is looking out for the other teams, then they’re on your schedule, they kick your ass, and then you ask yourself, what just happpened? Good luck in ECNL, you guys will do just fine.

This is one of those excellent teams that always seems to fly under the radar and is under appreciated because they don’t do many tournaments and have a quiet confidence about themselves. They’re like the Spurs, everybody is looking out for the other teams, then they’re on your schedule, they kick your ass, and then you ask yourself, what just happpened? Good luck in ECNL, you guys will do just fine.
Hopefully, you never know what the new coach will bring.

And all of the Sharks rosters are probably full. Exactly what Surf was waiting for.
I believe the Sharks 04 girls team has held a couple of roster spots open for special players. Talented group of girls that underperformed the second half of the season due to multiple injuries.

I believe the Sharks 04 girls team has held a couple of roster spots open for special players. Talented group of girls that underperformed the second half of the season due to multiple injuries.
There is ALWAYS room for a talented player. You just need to be REALY talented.

Surfs 04’s still have DA until next season when they rotate out of DA. Surf’s 03’s only choice is DPL at the moment.

Intent is always hard to prove. The actual outcomes will be relegated by the same optimistic marketing that brought Surf to this current event. Bait and switch comes to mind.

I feel like we are on the brink of one really pissed off parent away -with time and money- before the entire house of cards that is youth soccer comes crashing down. Not at any particular club. But across the entire system.

Last edited:
I feel like we are one really pissed off parent with time and money before the entire house of cards that is youth soccer comes crashing down. Not at any particular club. But across the entire system.

Glad mine got out while it was still pretty decent. I feel for my friends with kids with a lot of time left in club soccer. I feel like there has got to be a better way forward. It really is amazing how anything gets done in this country. Actually no it’s not. C.R.E.A.M.

Glad mine got out while it was still pretty decent. I feel for my friends with kids with a lot of time left in club soccer. I feel like there has got to be a better way forward. It really is amazing how anything gets done in this country. Actually no it’s not. C.R.E.A.M.
Especially because it'$ losing value every year.

Attention Surf Parents:

1. Do you have a daughter that plays for San Diego Surf?
2. Do you feel like you have a very sharp hook in your mouth?
3. Do you feel like a giant lemon has been stuck where the sun does not shine?
4. Are you shaking from the Kool Aide withdrawal?
5. Are you having the same recurring dream that DPL stands for "Dumb Parent League"?
6. Are your ears ringing from the lively meeting tonight?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have been exposed to Surf's giant lie.
But you still have time to act.
Call 1-800-New-Team now!
You may be entitled to have your daughter play at a club with integrity and transparency.
Don't delay in calling. There are limited spots and time will expire.

Attention Surf Parents:

1. Do you have a daughter that plays for San Diego Surf?
2. Do you feel like you have a very sharp hook in your mouth?
3. Do you feel like a giant lemon has been stuck where the sun does not shine?
4. Are you shaking from the Kool Aide withdrawal?
5. Are you having the same recurring dream that DPL stands for "Dumb Parent League"?
6. Are your ears ringing from the lively meeting tonight?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have been exposed to Surf's giant lie.
But you still have time to act.
Call 1-800-New-Team now!
You may be entitled to have your daughter play at a club with integrity and transparency.
Don't delay in calling. There are limited spots and time will expire.

Ooh. Was there a meeting tonight?
Any discussion on their affiliates and how that cash cow has been performing?
Just need clubs to start boycotting surf cup / man city cup and then the grand plan all falls apart. (Will never happen. People want that jacket!!!!)

Ooh. Was there a meeting tonight?
Any discussion on their affiliates and how that cash cow has been performing?
Just need clubs to start boycotting surf cup / man city cup and then the grand plan all falls apart. (Will never happen. People want that jacket!!!!)
No meeting, rather a sales pitch on why DPL will be better than ECNL. I heard it was quiet the crowd.

Back