CZ Elite Girls 2006 & 2007 Tryouts

Sunday, February 26 @ 6:45pm
Sunday, March 5 @ 6:45pm

Location: Pasadena High School (Upper Grass Field in back of the school) 2925 E. Sierra Madre Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91107
*From Sierra Madre, go north on Washington Blvd. make a left at the first light to enter the upper grass field.

Tryout sessions are free! Open to all girls birth year 2006 & 2007. Tryouts will be led by legendary coach, Cherif Zein, and his coaching staff.

For questions, please call or text 818-281-8236 or 323-606-3840. Email jaimepkr@yahoo.com or mfmanagement@hotmail.com

Is CZ coaching next year? First year team made some very fast improvements as noted in the rankings so the team appears to be on the right development path. Coach CZ has several girls from his 03 team at National training and a couple ODP players so I'd think he must be on to something with some his younger players if he's coaching. Sounds like an opportunity for some players.

Is CZ coaching next year? First year team made some very fast improvements as noted in the rankings so the team appears to be on the right development path. Coach CZ has several girls from his 03 team at National training and a couple ODP players so I'd think he must be on to something with some his younger players if he's coaching. Sounds like an opportunity for some players.
Yes, Cherif will continue to coach the team. The girls showed tremendous growth in one short year under Cherif's training. Development is the focus of this team as it is with his 2003 girls team. The 2003 team has a lot of talent and the 2006s are following in their footsteps with 3 ODP players on the list. I hope to see some talent at the upcoming tryouts.

Gee ... do I see some stealth self-marketing, here? One of CZ Elite's people (maybe CZ himself?) wondering what he's up to, and talking about what a "wonderful opportunity" it is for kids to play on his team?

Oh, brother. I don't mind you trying to drum up a little business. What I do mind is pretending you are an uninterested third party, which has the effect of tricking people into checking your program out. But to save everybody some time, I'll answer the questions myself.

1. Is CZ coaching next year? Yes, just like he does every year. He is probably telling everybody that he is going to coach their daughter's team, and telling the same thing to daughters on 6 other teams. Then, during the season, you probably won't see him at very many games, because he can't actually coach 6 teams.

2. First year team made some very fast improvements as noted in the rankings so the team appears to be on the right development path. Err ..... not really. But it makes good reading.

3. Coach CZ has several girls from his 03 team at National training and a couple ODP players so I'd think he must be on to something with some his younger players if he's coaching. Err ... yeah .... more good reading.

4. Sounds like an opportunity for some players. Maybe for some, not so much for others. But if he were really that good, then you wouldn't have to do the fake marketing, would you.

Lol it's funny how brave everyone is behind their fake names on a kids soccer forum. If you want facts, I'll give you facts.

Fact #1. After 40 years of coaching, Cherif has no reason to come on this forum pretending to be a parent to recruit girls. I don't know who Canicas is, but as a TM looking for players, I will answer any questions an interested person has.

Fact #2. Cherif is at every practice, he is at every tournament, and at 75% of our league games due to coaching 2 other teams.

Fact #3. It's not just good reading, but a fact that the 2003s have 5 girls who consistently make the ODP list (1 made the team) and go to National Training. The 2006 team currently has 3 on their way.

Fact #4. Most new teams don't play Flight 1, but we took on the challenge and finished middle of the pack. I personally saw so much growth in each and every player on our team and can say Cherif is doing a great job developing these girls.

Since you have so much to say without any basis, I could set up a scrimmage with your DDs team and you can see firsthand what our coach and team are like. Then you can come here and rant about what you observed. Where does your DD play?

Lol it's funny how brave everyone is behind their fake names on a kids soccer forum. If you want facts, I'll give you facts.
Which G2006 team are you talking about? From what I've heard there is supposed to be an A team and a B team. Which one is he recruiting for? Is he going to "coach" the B team, and be at 75% of all their games, notwithstanding he is also the "head coach" for 4 other teams - according to the SCDSL site - or is he going to pass some teams and players off to others, while claiming he is the head coach? And is he forming additional teams, for which he is marketing himself as the head coach?

Look, I don't know Cherif Zein, but I know he has a mixed reputation. Some of it is very good, but some not so much. His reputation is important, because his club is based on his "cult" image. Heck, what do you think "CZ" stands for in the name "CZ Elite?" The problem with being a club based on the cult of one person is that the leader must profess to be the head coach of, or extremely involved, in every single team. People don't join "CZ's" club to be coached by somebody else. But when you have 8 or 10 teams, then it is impossible to keep that promise.

I won't go very much into the "ODP" comments you made. Anyone who knows anything about the ODP program knows that anyone who wants to can get into the pool; all you need is a coach's recommendation and a checkbook.

As I said before, I have no problem with you posting on this board for tryouts or trying to build your team. The only thing I don't like is stealth marketing, where you have shills come on to the board pretending to be uninterested third parties, when they are actually trying to create a buzz. So, really, my negative comments were directed at Canicas and whoever put him up to it; not to you.

I wish your daughter's team all the best. If I coached and if I had a G2006 team, I would take you up on your offer to scrimmage.

There already is a 2006 A & B team at CZ Elite and they both need players. Tryouts are for both levels and for the 2007 team. Cherif does not coach the B team nor has he ever claimed to. They have their own coach. I can only speak of the 2003 & 2006 A teams my DDs play for and he is at a majority of their games and all their practices. I'm not sure what his plans are for his 2 other current teams. He is not marketing himself as head coach of any new teams, but its too early in the year to say with certainty that it won't happen. One of his teams is aging out so who knows. Where you get the idea that he coaches 8-10 teams is beyond me.

Describing the club as a "cult" is ridiculous. I like the coaching and have seen great results with my kids, therefore I stay. Nothing more to it. Judging someone you don't know by what you heard and publicly trashing them says more about you than it does about them. If you don't have a dog in the fight, why the negativity?

Describing the club as a "cult" is ridiculous. I like the coaching and have seen great results with my kids, therefore I stay. Nothing more to it. Judging someone you don't know by what you heard and publicly trashing them says more about you than it does about them. If you don't have a dog in the fight, why the negativity?
I described a man who has built his club around his "cult" image, even naming the club after himself. You deny that a cult image exists, but in your own original post to start this thread, you described him as the "legendary Cherif Zein."

Legendary? Lady, you need to lay off the chronic. Vince Lombardi was a "legendary" coach; so were John Wooden, John McGraw, Knute Rockne and Red Auerbach. But Cherif Zein? I'm gonna say that if you asked a hundred random Socal soccer families, only one or less would know who he is or what he has done. But you think he's "legendary." With acolytes like you, no wonder I used the word "cult."

Now, having said all that, if CZ is the best coach for your daughters, then I say "stick with him." If you want to advertise your tryouts, then I say "go for it." All I object to is when an acolyte (such as Canicas) uses stealth marketing techniques on these forums to trick people into coming out for the team.

Once again, best wishes to your teams and your daughters.

Actually, Cheriff is a really good trainer. He is an old school coach. Some of the coaches who are part of his coaching tree are George Sipa-Arsenal, Carlos Guerrero-FC GoldenState, the Baker Brothers-SC Blues. Cheriff is probably as old/wise as Bobak and Draluck from SC Blues and I know they are friends.

Cheriff was originally a boys coach, I have 2 friends who played for him 20 yrs ago. They shared stories about him. He is a hard core coach, but not sure if he has mellowed out with age. One of the stories was no parents were allowed to watch their kids practice. They had to wait outside the fence. He is big on technical training and a lot of the coaches I mentioned above have copied his training drills. I know, because when my DD was 10 yrs old she use to attend Cheriff's sushi clinic. When she attended Carlos and George's skills clinic, the drills were exactly the same.

If Cheriff is the actual coach. IMO, he is great at teaching and developing ulittle players. Just know, he is a very tough coach, unless he has mellow out some.

I described a man who has built his club around his "cult" image, even naming the club after himself. You deny that a cult image exists, but in your own original post to start this thread, you described him as the "legendary Cherif Zein."

Legendary? Lady, you need to lay off the chronic. Vince Lombardi was a "legendary" coach; so were John Wooden, John McGraw, Knute Rockne and Red Auerbach. But Cherif Zein? I'm gonna say that if you asked a hundred random Socal soccer families, only one or less would know who he is or what he has done. But you think he's "legendary." With acolytes like you, no wonder I used the word "cult."

Once again, best wishes to your teams and your daughters.

I definitely don't smoke chronic, but it's sad how you keep throwing insults at people you don't know. I didn't realize the word "legendary" was in my original post until you mentioned it since I copy & pasted it from the flyer I received. I think it's a little cheesy, but nonetheless he has had a great career as a coach. We could go on and on about this, but it's really unnecessary on a tryout post. The only one enjoying this is your cheerleader liking every post you write. Did you put him up to this to market yourself? PM me if you have more to say. This is getting pretty obnoxious. Stop wishing me good luck with my DDs teams like you actually mean it.

What I was most impressed about Cheriff. I recall he predicted out of the 4 girls who took his sushi clinic 8 yrs ago. He told me which 2 girls among the 4 who would end up playing D1 college soccer and 8 yrs later.....he nailed it!

Actually, Cheriff is a really good trainer. He is an old school coach. Some of the coaches who are part of his coaching tree are George Sipa-Arsenal, Carlos Guerrero-FC GoldenState, the Baker Brothers-SC Blues. Cheriff is probably as old/wise as Bobak and Draluck from SC Blues and I know they are friends.

Cheriff was originally a boys coach, I have 2 friends who played for him 20 yrs ago. They shared stories about him. He is a hard core coach, but not sure if he has mellowed out with age. One of the stories was no parents were allowed to watch their kids practice. They had to wait outside the fence. He is big on technical training and a lot of the coaches I mentioned above have copied his training drills. I know, because when my DD was 10 yrs old she use to attend Cheriff's sushi clinic. When she attended Carlos and George's skills clinic, the drills were exactly the same.

If Cheriff is the actual coach. IMO, he is great at teaching and developing ulittle players. Just know, he is a very tough coach, unless he has mellow out some.
If you want to put in a good word for a coach, that's the way to do it. Nogoal showed personal knowledge and made some compelling points. No stealth marketing there. Well done.

This thread is a funny, I think it could of stopped after the "Try Out" post, but I agree with Daniel Miller about the stealth marketing afterwards by a obvious CZ Elite parent trying to draw in customers. 818 I appreciate your fight to preserve your post but anyone who has been in cal south soccer for more than 2 years will have their own impression of CZ, Good or Bad or "Legendary", everyone has a CZ story up their sleeve.

Mr. Miller, I posted my question simply to inquire about the coach and I also made note about rankings and notable achievements that I was able to learn about from other parents that currently play for a CZ team coached by Zein. The achievements I made reference to are indeed accurate but in no way were intended to create "stealth marketing". As a parent of two club players that played on a OC club I was simply asking the question if Coach Zein was going to return to coaching the teams for the age groups noted and if so it would indeed be a good opportunity for some players, meaning our family. We are relocating to SGV and I have been conducting some due diligence before selecting a new club. I obtained information by speaking with other parents, coaches and records that are posted on SCDSL and Got Soccer Rankings websites.

In short Mr. Miller you made assumptions about me being a follower. Asking a question to the person or persons that made the original post and noting factual information does not make me an acolyte. On the contrary firing off posts to discredit or create a bad image of someone is really sad and makes you sound like a fool. If anything you can take credit for creating the so called " stealth marketing" for your moronic post!

"records that are posted on SCDSL and Got Soccer Rankings websites."
These records don't mean a thing. You have to see the team play and the trainings that the coach does.

Back