CSL League Cup

Whose your pick to win it? Usually the winner is not the top seeds. Last year was Empire who was in the bottom half of Premier and the year before that was Anaheim who was a gold team.

Whose your pick to win it? Usually the winner is not the top seeds. Last year was Empire who was in the bottom half of Premier and the year before that was Anaheim who was a gold team.
From the Gold teams I would say the teams that have a chance are Downey FC, La Esperanza and of course FC Golden State since they are playing with most of the players from the PDA team which really makes then a Premier team. From the Premier Bracket I think any one of the teams can catch fire and win it. Rangers Blue team has gained momentum towards the end of the season and of course I think AC BREA has a good shot as well

Only a couple of upsets. Hollywood and Orange finding their way into the final 8. Downey getting in is not an upset.

Only a couple of upsets. Hollywood and Orange finding their way into the final 8. Downey getting in is not an upset.
I agree with you, Downey is not an upset they are actually a strong team. The could win it! Although the Rangers Blue has picked up momentum int eh last 3 weeks and they are playing good soccer and will be hard to beat. Fram and OC Premier Black are clearly the result of weak draws that they had to get to the quarter finals but hey anything can happen so I don't count any one out.

I agree with you, Downey is not an upset they are actually a strong team. The could win it! Although the Rangers Blue has picked up momentum int eh last 3 weeks and they are playing good soccer and will be hard to beat. Fram and OC Premier Black are clearly the result of weak draws that they had to get to the quarter finals but hey anything can happen so I don't count any one out.
Just my prediction - AC Brea goes all the way.

It will be an interesting Semi Final between AC Brea and Fullerton Rangers Blue for sure!! I predict who ever wins that game will win it all. But this is soccer and anything can happen.

That game (if we get there) will be a battle, however Rangers have historically tied/beat us other than we finally got a win this Fall league (2-0). All the boys know each other well, the coaches are friends so it makes for a real home town rivalry game. With that said; lets go Hollywood FC ;-)

Rangers onto the finals after a 1-0 win over Brea

Hate to be the sore loser but an unlucky hand ball gets us. Initially caled outside of box and then 17yo AR tells center that it was in box. Terrible. Other than that I felt like Brea dominated possession and play. The Rangers keeper is a star at this age.

With that said a typical strong matchup between the teams and we wish our friends at rangers the best of luck vs Downey.

Hate to be the sore loser but an unlucky hand ball gets us. Initially caled outside of box and then 17yo AR tells center that it was in box. Terrible. Other than that I felt like Brea dominated possession and play. The Rangers keeper is a star at this age.

With that said a typical strong matchup between the teams and we wish our friends at rangers the best of luck vs Downey.[/QUOT
You must be drinking to drown your sorrows! Hate to call out your team. But were you at the game that got Brea to meet the Rangers ( brea vs fram) ? Let's recap: that game had a 15 year old center ref. Maybe it was the same 17yo now working the sideline in the afternoon game. Maybe it was the same official that awarded an errant corner, off a free kick that sailed left of the target, untouched, That corner give Brea their first goal of the game after being down by two. Oh and the equalizer A LUCKY HAND BALL that was in the box ( in hockey it's called a hand pass). It was sent to the foot of a Brea player to squeak into to the right corner at the whistle. To send it to PK's. PK's are a crap shot and your team advanced.
SO : Brea - Lucky to get past the morning . How quick we forget the past and how Karma is a bitch and like the forum always says - "but anything can happen".

Yes we we were lucky to get the win vs Fram but when you have 70% possession you get more opportunities for luck. Also I believe Fram gave up the two goals in the final three minutes with Brea playing down a man so that really falls on Fram. Gotta be able to defend a 2 goal lead with a man up.

Same shit ref.

Yes we we were lucky to get the win vs Fram but when you have 70% possession you get more opportunities for luck. Also I believe Fram gave up the two goals in the final three minutes with Brea playing down a man so that really falls on Fram. Gotta be able to defend a 2 goal lead with a man up.

Same shit ref.
That SUCKS! Same shit field.

Back