CSL - League Cup - 2016

CSL needs to invests some money on a new website, horrible.
In the past few seasons, the main page has had a face lift but the rest of the site has remained the same. I tend to agree with you, needs some work, although I find it very easy to navigate, but then again I have a lot of the pages as favorites for tracking purposes.

Hey Tech, how does this tournament seed the teams? I noticed Eagles and Fram Hernandez are already seeded out in the Sweet 16 is that based on their regular season performance?
Not necessarily, used to be that both Eagles and Rangers were traditionally given the Byes after SCDSL was formed, it was quite common for both Eagles & Rangers to be the strongest clubs left after the exodus to SCDSL, especially at the youngers. Over the last few years, other CSL clubs have risen to stake their claim as the pillars of CSL, including Galaxy SD, Albion, FCGS, FRAM, IE Surf, etc.

With teams opting out of League Cup and there being some room for "interpretation" there is some politics involved, but team strength / record are factored in for sure.

What is League Cup? Just noticed we are playing in it. :)
Are you familiar with the FA Cup in England or the League Cups in other professional leagues?

Same format in it's every team from every division in a group round(s), knockout out round tournament that occurs over a month towards the end of league.

Some teams choose not to participate for various reasons, but the opening round round pits the Bronze teams against each other. Typically the opening group round are seeded with the top bronze teams seeded against 1 mid table bronze team and 1 lower level bronze team.

Group winners advance, in addition to the occasional wildcard. 2nd round is also a group round but with the introduction of the Silver / Silver Elite / Gold teams. Similar seeding with the groupings.

3rd round is typically when the knockout round is introduced either as a round of 32 or sweet 16. Some teams may get Byes all the way into these rounds.

Basically everyone against everyone, with the potential for teams from the lowest and highest division facing off and making for great stories and games.

Looking forward to league cup this Sunday. Be interesting to see how our league teams do against other league teams.

Good luck to everyone that is playing Cup this weekend. First trip to Lancaster. :eek:
Good Luck to your team as well! First time to Lancaster... Well, be prepared for wind. It's almost always windy. If your games are out on 32, it's a heck of a hike from the parking lot IF you parked in the right lot. It's a huge complex. Any questions, let me know.. ;)

Yeah, Lancaster can be pretty horrible. Been there with 50 mph sand storm gusts. It can definitely even the playing field as there is not much passing or skill when the conditions get that bad! Good luck to all the girls out there. Hoping for nice weather for them all!!

Game conditions were great at Lancaster. Grass was a bit thick, which hurt us a bit as we do alot of passing on the ground. We won our first game 5-0, but lost the 2nd 2-0 after no score at half against Central Coast Condors. They were better conditioned then our team, and finally got a couple breakaways with chips over the top to the same girl. She was good sized, fast, and had a cannon for a shot, a very good striker, and their defense stifled our offense all game. After the game our coach talked about adding a day of conditioning. I hope so(I'm not the one out there working my butt off, so sounds good to me. :p )

Lots of action today with 14 teams surviving to play next weekend! Good luck to all the ladies out there.

It's actually quite impressive to see a bronze team make it to the final 16. With their first game draw I wouldn't be surprised if they squeak into the final 8.
It's good to see some talent starting to rise up from the central coast area!!

Back