CRL

This weekend could determine who's a contender or pretender. Should be fun.

Albion 2-1. Legends had a goal taken away and a breakaway with a forward taken down from behind. They award us a free kick outside the box and no card issued.

I was surprised to see Albion just boot the ball out of the back every single time. No possession out of the back at all. Shocking for a Crowe coached team.

United Cup can't get here soon enough.

BJ18, Great game today.

Yes, we did go out of norm when playing from the back.

Legends team presses high, and moves the ball very well, to where it disrupted our usual game.

That being said, we changed game tactic and took advantage of Legends weakness (i.e. Slow backline) and ended up with a very important W at the end of game.

Hope we meet again at United Cup.

BJ18, Great game today.

Yes, we did go out of norm when playing from the back.

Legends team presses high, and moves the ball very well, to where it disrupted our usual game.

That being said, we changed game tactic and took advantage of Legends weakness (i.e. Slow backline) and ended up with a very important W at the end of game.

Hope we meet again at United Cup.

Thanks for the comments Danny! Im sure we will battle you guys many more times!

With all due respect, I've watched you guys play 4 times already this year vs Boca in your tournament and CRL, vs Fram in the play in and now today. Each time it was booting the ball straight out of the back. No possession.

I'm not so sure it was a change in tactics but rather the style Albion plays currently based on all the times I've watched them. It just is what it is.

Round 1 to Albion.

An yes, there is a bit of sour grapes because I didn't think Legends deserved to lose that game. But, it's soccer and you guys found a way. I guess that's all that matters.

Albion 2-1. Legends had a goal taken away and a breakaway with a forward taken down from behind. They award us a free kick outside the box and no card issued.

I was surprised to see Albion just boot the ball out of the back every single time. No possession out of the back at all. Shocking for a Crowe coached team.

United Cup can't get here soon enough.

Always fun to play Legends. Albion had a bad game. The boys were off but worked hard for an important 3 points in CRL. Maybe each boy was so worked up trying to win the game for their newest teammate that it threw off their collective play.

As for the goal taken away, I assume you mean the one called offside. If it is offside, the goal wasn't taken away, it was never a goal. BTW, the first Legends goal was a yard offside as well. The ref didn't/couldn't see it, and the AR wasn't even looking at the field (the ref scolded that AR multiple times in the game). You get some calls, you don't get others. That is soccer.

And talk about calls with no cards, what about the late, studs first challenge on the Albion player in the second half. His scream of pain could be heard 70 yards away. If not a card, at least award the player's parents $9 to replace the shredded sock. I was shocked by the amount of shirt pulling and two handed shoves in the back from the Legends side. Legends used to be a clean team, but apparently not any longer. Maybe that is what you get when every kid is trying to compete for playing time on an 18 player roster. Apparently Legends is trying to squeeze every penny out of that team.

United Cup? M'eh. At CRL the boys are playing for a spot in the Region IV Championships. Wins matter and at this point only Albion and Surf are really left competing for that spot. United Cup is just another trophy (which of course is easy to say today, I am sure next Sunday at 4:00 I will care deeply about that game as well).

Always fun to play Legends. Albion had a bad game. The boys were off but worked hard for an important 3 points in CRL. Maybe each boy was so worked up trying to win the game for their newest teammate that it threw off their collective play.

As for the goal taken away, I assume you mean the one called offside. If it is offside, the goal wasn't taken away, it was never a goal. BTW, the first Legends goal was a yard offside as well. The ref didn't/couldn't see it, and the AR wasn't even looking at the field (the ref scolded that AR multiple times in the game). You get some calls, you don't get others. That is soccer.

And talk about calls with no cards, what about the late, studs first challenge on the Albion player in the second half. His scream of pain could be heard 70 yards away. If not a card, at least award the player's parents $9 to replace the shredded sock. I was shocked by the amount of shirt pulling and two handed shoves in the back from the Legends side. Legends used to be a clean team, but apparently not any longer. Maybe that is what you get when every kid is trying to compete for playing time on an 18 player roster. Apparently Legends is trying to squeeze every penny out of that team.

United Cup? M'eh. At CRL the boys are playing for a spot in the Region IV Championships. Wins matter and at this point only Albion and Surf are really left competing for that spot. United Cup is just another trophy (which of course is easy to say today, I am sure next Sunday at 4:00 I will care deeply about that game as well).

Justneedaname,

I guess we could back in forth all daybut clearly, you see things differently coming from the Albion side. But be realistic, I've watched your team play quite a bit and it was the same style each time. Boom ball out of the back. It's a tactic and it works, just accept it.

And insinuating dirty play its laughable. You guys dropped to the ground like your ankles just got broken every time you were touched. Was that tactical too?

You should have the clear driver seat to winning CRL now. I don't see anyone challenging you except maybe Surf.

Justneedaname,

I guess we could back in forth all daybut clearly, you see things differently coming from the Albion side. But be realistic, I've watched your team play quite a bit and it was the same style each time. Boom ball out of the back. It's a tactic and it works, just accept it.

And insinuating dirty play its laughable. You guys dropped to the ground like your ankles just got broken every time you were touched. Was that tactical too?

You should have the clear driver seat to winning CRL now. I don't see anyone challenging you except maybe Surf.

And was it you at the last CRL game that was yelling from the sideline at your own player to take out a BOCA player? Loud enough that the referee had to come talk to you? Or was that a different Albion parent?

BJ18, Yes i'm Danny and my Ellis #14 used to play with Legends up to last year.....

BJ, your outside back was doing the same thing, Joe would boot ball to # 10 to use his speed against our defense

Every team has a weakness, ours today was ball control, and Legends was their slow back-line.

And at the end of the day, the team who capitalizes on other team weaknesses will prevail, and i'm glad it was Albion SC on top...... Ni modo :)

BJ18, Yes i'm Danny and my Ellis #14 used to play with Legends up to last year.....

BJ, your outside back was doing the same thing, Joe would boot ball to # 10 to use his speed against our defense

Every team has a weakness, ours today was ball control, and Legends was their slow back-line.

And at the end of the day, the team who capitalizes on other team weaknesses will prevail, and i'm glad it was Albion SC on top...... Ni modo :)

Hi Danny!

I'm confused by your posts. First, you say it was Legends ball movement that forced you to play a different tactic and clear the ball any time your defense touched it. Now you're saying we just booted the ball forward like you guys too? Interesting.

End of the day, you guys found a way to win. Congrats!

Last edited:
BJ18

Let it go bro..... Yes, Legends moved the ball very well today, better than our team.

But you can't deny you also played long ball to your # 10....

Don't be confused, you saw the long ball from both teams.

Our long balls were more noticeable because we capitalized 2 goals from it.....

You win some, you lose some, we win some, we lose some...... Let it go and move on ;)

See you at United :)

Last edited:
Both Legends and Boca Jrs looked really good this weekend. Legends moved the ball well and Boca probably has more speed and quickness all over the field than any team out there. Both teams probably out played Albion from a style perspective this weekend. Unfortunately a competition such as CRL isn't always about who played the prettiest game, it is about getting results. Remember these are still 10-11 yr old kids and they are learning more than just playing a specific style of soccer. Some times you have to learn to grind out results even when everything seems against you. Albion has shown that they can do that and probably have learned a lot from those games.

Judging style of play based on watching a few games from a competition where the main goal is winning may not be the best idea. For instance I have watched Legends play several times this season and they happened to not win any of the games I have seen. Based on the few games I have seen I could say that Legends isn't capable of winning the games that matter, but that isn't true. There is a deep field of teams at United Cup next weekend and I expect both Boca and Legends to be there at the end based on how they are currently playing and the results they have achieved throughout the rest of the summer.

Leave it with this. The last thing any team that is in CRL wants to say is that they let their chance at Regionals slip away because they were trying to play pretty soccer today. All that leaves you with is trying to figure out how you are going to beat Strikers Irvine in National Cup come next February which isn't a good probability for anyone. There is tons of time to work on playing the ball out of the back between today and February.

Hi Danny!

I'm confused by your posts. First, you say it was Legends ball movement that forced you to play a different tactic and clear the ball any time your defense touched it. Now you're saying we just booted the ball forward like you guys too? Interesting.

End of the day, you guys found a way to win. Congrats!

You are so passive aggressive it's hilarious... You lost a big head to head match up with another contender, same old story... Stop crying about style of play as if your team plays the game so beautifully. Excuses excuses, no wonder your team Always drops the ball... Tell your coach to make adjustments next time!

You are so passive aggressive it's hilarious... You lost a big head to head match up with another contender, same old story... Stop crying about style of play as if your team plays the game so beautifully. Excuses excuses, no wonder your team Always drops the ball... Tell your coach to make adjustments next time!

Passive aggressive. Lol. Nice. If I thought Albion was the better team it wouldn't be an issue or I wouldn't be so upset. I'll admit myself I need to have a better perspective when it comes to these kids only being 10-11. It's only a game and in sports, the best team doesn't always win.

I think datamec's post was spot on. Style
of play trumps good soccer because we are a results oriented society. I'll take some comfort in knowing we don't comprise that for a W.

SoccerDad77, I'm not sure who your son plays for but BOCA and Legends have nothing to be ashamed of. All is well!

Passive aggressive. Lol. Nice. If I thought Albion was the better team it wouldn't be an issue or I wouldn't be so upset. I'll admit myself I need to have a better perspective when it comes to these kids only being 10-11. It's only a game and in sports, the best team doesn't always win.

I think datamec's post was spot on. Style
of play trumps good soccer because we are a results oriented society. I'll take some comfort in knowing we don't comprise that for a W.

SoccerDad77, I'm not sure who your son plays for but BOCA and Legends have nothing to be ashamed of. All is well!

Good for you, sir! Keep on taking comfort in that... Obviously Legends is a club that is renowned in boys youth soccer for their player development and beautiful passing-oriented style of play... Right?....
Surf plays good soccer, how'd you do against them?
Strikers play good soccer, how about that result?
Rebels try and play some soccer, how'd you do against them? GSA? Albion? For such a beautiful style of play, team sure can't seem to beat any of the other top teams... Weird. Must be society's fault.

Good for you, sir! Keep on taking comfort in that... Obviously Legends is a club that is renowned in boys youth soccer for their player development and beautiful passing-oriented style of play... Right?....
Surf plays good soccer, how'd you do against them?
Strikers play good soccer, how about that result?
Rebels try and play some soccer, how'd you do against them? GSA? Albion? For such a beautiful style of play, team sure can't seem to beat any of the other top teams... Weird. Must be society's fault.

Apparently you misinterpreted what I said. Never said we played the most beautiful soccer of any club out there. I said we touched the ball and didn't resort to clearing the ball out of the back EVERY chance we had. That's completely about the Albion game today. But you went to an extreme to prove me wrong about something I never stated.

It's so early and the regular season hasn't even started. I hope you are with one of those teams otherwise your talk doesn't hold much weight. Based on your posts you sound like your son plays for Strikers.

For the record, we have beat both GSA (in a tournament) and Strikers (in a scrimmage). But, as I've stated before, it was just that, a scrimmage. Strikers have not lost a tournament they have entered this summer. So as far as I'm concerned that's the only team that can claim they're the best.

Back