CRL?

One cool thing about CRL for the 2006s this past year is that the winner got a bid to go play in the Far West Regional Presidents tournament held this June in Salt Lake City. The other way to qualify for this was to win National Cup. I would assume that this will hold true for next year also.

League last year for us was a disappointment . Hopefully this year SCDL uses less location but instead group better teams together based on results . CRL will give us competition which we didn't have in league last year.
League play will continue to be based on region at the youngers, at the olders with the Champions and Europe divisions in SCDSL, competition level is factored in, but by that time most teams either go DA or ECNL.

Does anyone know what the CRL format will be for the remainder of play?? Pretty lame we still don’t know!!

Does anyone know what the CRL format will be for the remainder of play?? Pretty lame we still don’t know!!

Not involved in CRL but heard they will be doing some sort of regional event: showcase, tournament, or regional play in addition to the regular league games.

I would guess that teams with like records will be matched up at the event and play cross bracket or maybe another regions?

A bunch of us were discussing this yesterday. Nobody has a clear answer. We all have one game left to play in our divisions.
One suggestion I heard was that they could take the top “4” from each division and start with quarterfinals for a playoff. (1v8, 2v7, 3v6, etc). The remaining teams not involved in the playoff would square off against each other to get their remaining games in.
@younothat - a regional event would be fun but based off of tourney results just from west coast teams the So Cal squads would have a big advantage.

A bunch of us were discussing this yesterday. Nobody has a clear answer. We all have one game left to play in our divisions.
One suggestion I heard was that they could take the top “4” from each division and start with quarterfinals for a playoff. (1v8, 2v7, 3v6, etc). The remaining teams not involved in the playoff would square off against each other to get their remaining games in.
@younothat - a regional event would be fun but based off of tourney results just from west coast teams the So Cal squads would have a big advantage.

I asked the CRL folks out over the weekend about that and was told bracket winners are likely to play each other and there will be cross play but there still working out the details. will be scheduled for next year in January for the youngers and Mar-Apr for the orders.

We were told by the folks in the tents that top teams in each bracket move on but today I spoke to Anthony and he said top two teams in each bracket move on to semi. We are a different age group and only have one team left to play in bracket so the January dates of play are still confusing

We were told by the folks in the tents that top teams in each bracket move on but today I spoke to Anthony and he said top two teams in each bracket move on to semi. We are a different age group and only have one team left to play in bracket so the January dates of play are still confusing
I also heard that one originally. Many diff scenarios going around. A good place to be right now until this is all sorted out is on LAG and Legends!

I also heard that one originally. Many diff scenarios going around. A good place to be right now until this is all sorted out is on LAG and Legends!

Looking at the CRL schedule online today, it's showing two semi-final games on Jan 19th and a finals on Jan 20th. See https://2018crlleagueseason.sportsaffinity.com/Tour/public/info/schedule_results2.asp?sessionguid=&flightguid=CBEE4DF6-13EC-4939-9912-D0AF271C0C48&tournamentguid=F3134355-BD83-4018-BF45-A8A9B1EE6736

However, there's now a CRL Cup schedule posted, and it's showing a Round of 16 on Jan 13, quarter final games on Jan 19, semis on Jan 20, and finals on Jan 21 (Monday). See https://2018crlleagueseason.sportsa...mentguid=F3134355-BD83-4018-BF45-A8A9B1EE6736

Very confused!

Looking at the CRL schedule online today, it's showing two semi-final games on Jan 19th and a finals on Jan 20th. See https://2018crlleagueseason.sportsaffinity.com/Tour/public/info/schedule_results2.asp?sessionguid=&flightguid=CBEE4DF6-13EC-4939-9912-D0AF271C0C48&tournamentguid=F3134355-BD83-4018-BF45-A8A9B1EE6736

However, there's now a CRL Cup schedule posted, and it's showing a Round of 16 on Jan 13, quarter final games on Jan 19, semis on Jan 20, and finals on Jan 21 (Monday). See https://2018crlleagueseason.sportsa...mentguid=F3134355-BD83-4018-BF45-A8A9B1EE6736

Very confused!
Looks to me like the top 2 from each group after group play go to a championship grouping (semifinal A1vB2 and A2vB1, and then a championship game) to determine the real crl champion. Then the remaining 12 teams go into a "cup" grouping, just to get a minimum number of crl games.

CRL = Communication Really Lacking. It's hard to make the SCDSL look organized but CRL does a damn good job of making it appear like a slick operation. How much is it to play in this league again? Play-In, plus registration, plus travel, plus hotels, plus parking, plus referees? How hard is to build a schedule when you know the teams and the play-dates months in advance? How hard is it to have a format mapped out and even more obviously notify the participants before playing more than 50% of the games? Well done to the teams at the top. You've earned your spot but most teams will have spent a lot of money and time on the road for a potentially 8 or 9 game season, which would be fine if that's what they signed up for. Less games means more profit for Cal South. Time to be done with this league. It's nothing more than a money grab, playing the same teams you've already played 4 times this season.

I see there is a new schedule up for CRL and possibly a new format.
Can anyone decipher the numbering in regards to the scheduled teams? In another word which teams are playing against each other in the round of 16.
Thank You

I see there is a new schedule up for CRL and possibly a new format.
Can anyone decipher the numbering in regards to the scheduled teams? In another word which teams are playing against each other in the round of 16.
Thank You
As I understand it the top two teams from each of the divisions will play each other in the semi's on Jan 19th. Typically So Cal has sent both of the finalists to the Far West Regionals. (along with the National Cup winner)
Right now the semi's would be LABSB vs Surf & Legends vs Slammers. There is still one more league game to be played on Jan 12th.
The remaining teams in CRL would play in the round robin format games. (which I no longer see scheduled on the CRL site)

Back