CRL Play-In

Interesting comment on the cards. I looked up both teams CRL card record from last year. Out of 12 teams, they didn't look that bad. La Esperanza had 2 cards and Oxnard Pal had 3. Some of the bigger card offenders appear to be FC Golden State Black (5 cards), SLA Nomads (7 cards), & Pats IER (5 cards).
Cards from the u14 , premier.
only LAZERS SC beat them out with 13 and 2 red.
OXNARD PAL : TOTALS 14 and 1
LA ESPERANZA : TOTALS 9
with No one else over 10

Cards from the u14 , premier.
only LAZERS SC beat them out with 13 and 2 red.
OXNARD PAL : TOTALS 14 and 1
LA ESPERANZA : TOTALS 9
with No one else over 10

Looking at CSL (http://www.coastsoccer.com/2015/SB140P.htm), there were 3 teams with over 10 AC (Anaheim FC PDA 01, Oxnard PAL, and Lazers). One team at 9 (La Esperanza), and 4 teams at 7 (Albion, Valley United, Fram, and South Bay). two teams at 5 (LAFA, Fullerton Rangers). Only 2 teams had 0 for the season (TFA, FC Golden State). Not sure your point...

Looking at CSL (http://www.coastsoccer.com/2015/SB140P.htm), there were 3 teams with over 10 AC (Anaheim FC PDA 01, Oxnard PAL, and Lazers). One team at 9 (La Esperanza), and 4 teams at 7 (Albion, Valley United, Fram, and South Bay). two teams at 5 (LAFA, Fullerton Rangers). Only 2 teams had 0 for the season (TFA, FC Golden State). Not sure your point...

I think the point is teams with less cards usually play a better brand of soccer. I don't know these teams to say of that is true, but usually more physical teams are making up for having less skill than the teams they are playing. Again I have never seen these teams play so I am making a general statement.

I think the point is teams with less cards usually play a better brand of soccer. I don't know these teams to say of that is true, but usually more physical teams are making up for having less skill than the teams they are playing. Again I have never seen these teams play so I am making a general statement.

Watched a team earn probably 7 yellows in a CRL play-in game this summer. Could easily have been more with an experienced ref. Cynical, ugly soccer but effective, especially against a smaller team that tried to play a possession/skill game.

Thats what we dealt with last year at crl nothing new.
You probably, but not most teams because they played BU14 last year...this rule is for BU15 and up! So, yes it impacts the minutes players get in a game.

Weekend games -

West Coast FC B01 Armour vs. FC Golden State - 2001 OC - probably toughest match of the day - FCGS
LA Premier FC LAFA vs. La Esperanza - LAFA
Albion SC B01 Academy - Holohan vs. LAGSD B01 Elite-Malone/Gurley - LAGSD
FRAM B01-Britton vs. Oxnard P.A.L. Blue - FRAM
Surf Academy Boys (Cuellar) 2001 vs. Anaheim FC PDA B2001 - Surf

Just my predictions with my personal bias.

Loo
Weekend games -

West Coast FC B01 Armour vs. FC Golden State - 2001 OC - probably toughest match of the day - FCGS
LA Premier FC LAFA vs. La Esperanza - LAFA
Albion SC B01 Academy - Holohan vs. LAGSD B01 Elite-Malone/Gurley - LAGSD
FRAM B01-Britton vs. Oxnard P.A.L. Blue - FRAM
Surf Academy Boys (Cuellar) 2001 vs. Anaheim FC PDA B2001 - Surf

Just my predictions with my personal bias.
Looks like we hurt your predictions. Kudos to Albion, they were better on the day. Unfortunately, boys were looking ahead and should know better.

What I did find amazing was style of play. To have an academy team and their coach's top coaching point was "send it" is a sad commentary. The real shame is that they have the talent to try and actually play. 7 is very good.

Loo

Looks like we hurt your predictions. Kudos to Albion, they were better on the day. Unfortunately, boys were looking ahead and should know better.

What I did find amazing was style of play. To have an academy team and their coach's top coaching point was "send it" is a sad commentary. The real shame is that they have the talent to try and actually play. 7 is very good.
My predictions were horrible - 2/5 - West Coast destroyed us - surprised LAFA lost by so much as well.

my take on the first weeks of CRL .
1. very competitive group, definitely a couple of front runners, and some surprises
2. the kids are getting bigger , faster and stronger.
3. the refs seem to be getting slower. ( at this level I would think that the ref association would make sure the ref was fit enough and fast enough to keep up with the speed of play). They can not fake it any more and the players, as well as the side line can tell when the ref is having a hard time. ( the ref crew does get one hell of a work out at this level ) .
4.each and every team will improve and develop over the course of the season , what a team looks like now may be very different in 4 - 6 months.
some healing over the next couple of weeks, then into league play: biggest concern for each team : keep the boys healthy !

my take on the first weeks of CRL .
1. very competitive group, definitely a couple of front runners, and some surprises
2. the kids are getting bigger , faster and stronger.
3. the refs seem to be getting slower. ( at this level I would think that the ref association would make sure the ref was fit enough and fast enough to keep up with the speed of play). They can not fake it any more and the players, as well as the side line can tell when the ref is having a hard time. ( the ref crew does get one hell of a work out at this level ) .
4.each and every team will improve and develop over the course of the season , what a team looks like now may be very different in 4 - 6 months.
some healing over the next couple of weeks, then into league play: biggest concern for each team : keep the boys healthy !
I agree with you I think it will be different the second part of the CRL season, I know in my case with my team Anaheim FC it was just a case of unfortunate circumstances, we played our first game Against West Coast had a red card in the first 10 minutes of the game and lost 1-0 then the next 2 games we played with 7 starters missing due to red card, injuries, vacations, quinceaneras. We all know that at this level if you don't have your best squad out on the field then you can't be competitive. We should have our full squad back for NHB but I fear that for the CRL this bad of a start is too much to overcome. All we can do now is play spoiler for some teams when league picks back up again.

I agree with you I think it will be different the second part of the CRL season, I know in my case with my team Anaheim FC it was just a case of unfortunate circumstances, we played our first game Against West Coast had a red card in the first 10 minutes of the game and lost 1-0 then the next 2 games we played with 7 starters missing due to red card, injuries, vacations, quinceaneras. We all know that at this level if you don't have your best squad out on the field then you can't be competitive. We should have our full squad back for NHB but I fear that for the CRL this bad of a start is too much to overcome. All we can do now is play spoiler for some teams when league picks back up again.
Well I know we are going to have to become more consistent in our play and hope for some spoiling to occur, so we are rooting for you 100% until of course the day you are playing us. Good luck in NHB this weekend - hopefully we will cross paths!

Well I know we are going to have to become more consistent in our play and hope for some spoiling to occur, so we are rooting for you 100% until of course the day you are playing us. Good luck in NHB this weekend - hopefully we will cross paths!

Listen to you guys talking on here!! "My" team and "we" have to play better. Are you players or parents? Do you lace up your boots at every practice and game? I bet you would hold your kids hand at practice to show them how to do drills the way "you" think they should be done if you could!
Does the coach include you in his training preparations and game plans?? I seriously doubt it and god I hope not! I can't even imagine being a coach and having parents like you guys talking EVERY DAY and EVERY GAME about how the team should be playing, let alone having you blog about the team 10 times a day! Talk about living your life through your children..

Listen to you guys talking on here!! "My" team and "we" have to play better. Are you players or parents? Do you lace up your boots at every practice and game? I bet you would hold your kids hand at practice to show them how to do drills the way "you" think they should be done if you could!
Does the coach include you in his training preparations and game plans?? I seriously doubt it and god I hope not! I can't even imagine being a coach and having parents like you guys talking EVERY DAY and EVERY GAME about how the team should be playing, let alone having you blog about the team 10 times a day! Talk about living your life through your children..
I think Select Man used the term "my" team because it is his team, he is the coach.

Well put sir, we have to be a little more consistent as well. Good luck to you as well this weekend!! It will be interesting to see how all the weekend plays out. I will be rooting for you as well and would love the opportunity to play your team they are always a class act!

Back