CRL Play In

I guess it is also possible that Real Socal or the Eagles didn't accept their automatic bid. This is just speculation...

I guess it is also possible that Real Socal or the Eagles didn't accept their automatic bid. This is just speculation...

Is it also maybe possible that Strikers didn't have enough returning players? Not sure how many are needed. Just more speculation.

Not sure what went down, but we were given notice a few weeks ago that we were given an automatic bid. Both above scenario's appear possible, but given the amount of players that left Strikers, that one seems more likely.

Not sure what went down, but we were given notice a few weeks ago that we were given an automatic bid. Both above scenario's appear possible, but given the amount of players that left Strikers, that one seems more likely.
Strikers is now Slammers, right?

Legends FC top team got an automatic bid. The Legends team in bracket "C" , is the "B" team.
Congratulations on the automatic bid. Legends is a quality team that always plays tough and did well in CRL last year (came in at 5 I believe).

What I don't understand is why Cal South isn't following their own rules. Per the "rules" they posted the auto bids should be:

Top 4 finishers from CRL last year
Four semi-finalists from National Cup

The remaining spots available by play in.
http://media.calsouth.com/data/Down...17_APPENDIXCQualificationProcess.pdf?rev=3621

Why have rules if you aren't going to follow them? Then again, this is Cal South.

Congratulations on the automatic bid. Legends is a quality team that always plays tough and did well in CRL last year (came in at 5 I believe).

What I don't understand is why Cal South isn't following their own rules. Per the "rules" they posted the auto bids should be:

Top 4 finishers from CRL last year
Four semi-finalists from National Cup

The remaining spots available by play in.
http://media.calsouth.com/data/Down...17_APPENDIXCQualificationProcess.pdf?rev=3621

Why have rules if you aren't going to follow them? Then again, this is Cal South.
It's become a common theme. Lack of backbone and integrity among those in charge. Maybe it's like a "good ole boy" network. They take care of one another. Again, we will NEVER be rid of politics in youth sport.

They give themselves some wiggle room by stating that:
"If a team opts out of the earned slot or earns a second guaranteed slot then the slot becomes an Open slot."

Keyword being open, not necessarily "play in" slot
They, Cal South, gave themselves wiggle room with page #4 of the "rules." I have NOTHING against Legends (they would most certainly have advanced via a play in anyway); you get offered a bid into CRL and you take it. I will say that by all appearances Cal South will do whatever they want to meet their goals without regard to fairness or the spirit of competitive play (AS '06 birth certificate fiasco for example). All teams/clubs are equal, some are just a little more equal.

They, Cal South, gave themselves wiggle room with page #4 of the "rules." I have NOTHING against Legends (they would most certainly have advanced via a play in anyway); you get offered a bid into CRL and you take it. I will say that by all appearances Cal South will do whatever they want to meet their goals without regard to fairness or the spirit of competitive play (AS '06 birth certificate fiasco for example). All teams/clubs are equal, some are just a little more equal.

CS has given out CRL spots that we're not earned several times... let those team bypass play-in,... nothing new

One Year it was *...ion on the boys side who they also let skip or somehow reschedule all the game in the summer, they accommodated them couple other times schedule wise also, they finished near the bottom of the pack anyway but the other teams we're no happy at all since all the other teams actually had to abide by the posted rules.

Nothing new with CS, they do want they want, change things all the time, its all about who you know, they seem to let commissioner(s) "decide" stuff without voting behind closed doors. As a result some clubs and teams don't participate in CRL anymore the most expensive league with the scheduling and venues that's leaves somethings to be desired.

Okay...must have misunderstood.
=)
It happens. My fault. I guess I was trying to say that Strikers is not Slammers. Some of the team stayed, some left and went in different directions to other clubs, and some followed CB to Slammers but it sounds like even there they were split up.

Top team in each bracket advance. Is there a wildcard spot too? Would that go to SB Galaxy Gold?

I don't think there will be any wildcard spots. I count 7 automatic bids...and five brackets winners. Last year league play had 12 teams. Seems like this will be the case again this year.

Automatic bids:
LA Galaxy South Bay (CRL)
Beach Perez (CRL & National Cup)
Surf Select (CRL)
Blues Kale (CRL
Legends FC (CRL 5th spot because only three automatic bids were given based on National Cup result (Strikers team split up))
Blues Dralluck (National Cup)
Real Socal (National Cup)

Play in spots:
Albion (Group A)
Beach Parker (Group B)
Force (Group C)
LA Galaxy SD (Group D)
Legends South (Group E)

Congrats to the teams that have advanced to league play.

I know for sure that I.E. Surf got a automatic bid into CRL. They were not required to participate in play in rounds.

Back