CRL Play In

How does this work this year? Do they need to win the bracket to advance to CRL league play?
I emailed Cal South a little while back. Top 4 finishers in CRL and top 4 finishers in National Cup are given bids. There was 1 duplicate, so 7 teams were given offers leaving 5 spots. With 5 brackets I think it is safe to assume you will need to win your bracket to get into CRL.

Good luck to everyone going for a spot! Excited to be playing some teams we have never played before... and See u in our neck of the woods...if anyone needs any restaurants/shopping recommendations I'm your girl. ⚽⚽
I do, haha. So the hotels are really expensive in Temecula what is a city before maybe 20 minutes to field we can rent a room that is less expensive than staying in Temecula? Thank you in advance.

I do, haha. So the hotels are really expensive in Temecula what is a city before maybe 20 minutes to field we can rent a room that is less expensive than staying in Temecula? Thank you in advance.

U r right... I just looked in Temecula... even the "holes" are $$$ and that's if they have availability. You may need to call

THe next town over is murrieta. There is also menifee and wildomar. I would personally not suggest hemet or lake Elsinore. You may also want to look in Fallbrook (super pretty) which is San Diego county but only about 15 minutes to birdsall and gallaway

I'll keep looking.

U r right... I just looked in Temecula... even the "holes" are $$$ and that's if they have availability. You may need to call

THe next town over is murrieta. There is also menifee and wildomar. I would personally not suggest hemet or lake Elsinore. You may also want to look in Fallbrook (super pretty) which is San Diego county but only about 15 minutes to birdsall and gallaway

I'll keep looking.
I think we are the only mom's up. Haha
I saw Fallbrook and prices were decent and that seems close enough. I am going to look back into Fallbrook. I really appreciate your help.

I miss Tech's specs! I hope you and your family are doing well Technician72!

Agreed!! Tech was great. Come on Lastman, let's get it going :)

Brackets C (unless that's the Legends 1st team, don't think it is) and E look the easiest for any of the four teams to advance out of as there's no clear top teams in those two groups.

In Bracket D Fram and TFA look to have a tough task, on paper, but that's why we play the games. Similarly Surf and Albion the underdogs in Bracket A but we'll see as on any given Sunday...

Brackets C (unless that's the Legends 1st team, don't think it is) and E look the easiest for any of the four teams to advance out of as there's no clear top teams in those two groups.

In Bracket D Fram and TFA look to have a tough task, on paper, but that's why we play the games. Similarly Surf and Albion the underdogs in Bracket A but we'll see as on any given Sunday...
Come on Last man, we're waiting on the rundown...

"Saved the best for last..."
"Last Man Standing..."
"Last ditch effort..."
"Down to the last play..."

Gotta finalize the title of your breakdowns.

Albion got no love and will have a tough time in bracket A.
I have my thoughts on bracket C, but then my kid is playing in that bracket so we shall see.
Group D looks like it will be a dogfight.

Its done!

-CRL Play-In-

With roster changes, just a few months of practice, and more than likely only a few scrimmages played many teams are still coordinating play to be fluid, regular positions still to be determined, and a long road of development ahead in the next few months, makes this one of the more difficult times of the year to really judge teams. Most of the analysis comes from the last year’s info/observations and in some cases the inside scoop. With 5 groups and I believe just 12 teams allowed for CRL only group winners will make it. So, here is my breakdown…it is a bit rushed with all this pressure from Tech and futboldad1.:D

Group A

Arsenal FC G05 ECNL

Rebels SC G05 Elite

SD Surf Academy

Albion SC G05 PA

Breakdown: In many respects group “A” looks to be similarly balanced in the quality of the teams. No one stands out as the front runner. There will be some closely played games where each is feeling the other out and where few goals are scored. Verdict, Rebels or possibly Albion making it with an outside chance.

Group B

Beach FC SB G05

LAGSB 2005 Gold

Oceanside Breakers

DMCV Sharks G2005

Breakdown: Beach and LAGSB will fight this one out. It will come down to them. Being so early in the club year it feels like Oceanside and DMCV are not there yet. Though Oceanside is not an easy team to play and could make things interesting for the two favorites. Verdict, Beach by a hair.

Group C

DMCV Sharks G2005

SD FORCE FC Academy G2005

Legends FC 2005 FC

LAGSD G05 PA II

Breakdown: Both Legends and LAGSD won’t make anything easy for anyone and they want to be a part of this competition. So expect them to be relentless. SD Force and DMCV are two well coached teams that can give the best teams a scare. SD Force comes out of this group in a close race.

Group D

LAGSD G05 PA I

CCU SoCal Academy

FRAM G05

TFA-S.E.LA

Breakdown: This appears to be the most interesting of the groups. All these teams are tough to play and fun to watch. LAGSD and CCU come at you and will not stop using pressure and creating negative play by their opponents. TFA plays a nice game of possession. FRAM is filled with athletic players and look to go long. Verdict, LAGSD.

Group E

Legends FC South

BYSC Corona

Express

Crown City United

Breakdown: Much like the first group no favorites here with teams that can hold their own with in this grouping. Another tough team to play in Legends and BYSC right behind them, as both will bring it. Express will be the only one that finds it hard to make an impact. Crown City will compete but not enough. It’s a flip of the coin between Legends and BYSC. Though my gut says BYSC.

Back