CRL Play In

I know that the teams which had an auto-bid into CRL were allowed to pass that bid on to their second teams, but what about the two spots that Beach LB Demelo received by being a semi finalist in National Cup and top 4 in CRL? The way I see it, this is how CRL will look for 2017-18:
  • Top 4 in CRL
    • San Diego Surf Navy Academy
    • Legends FC Academy
    • Beach LB- Demelo
    • Beach SB- Hodson
  • Top 4 in National Cup
    • LA Galaxy SD
    • IE Surf Premiere
    • SoCal Blues- Holley
    • Beach LB Demelo
  • Top 4 in Play-ins
    • Hawks
    • Real SoCal SCV
    • LA Galaxy SB Reserve
    • Winner of Bracket 4 on 6/4
Is there one more spot (a fifth) open via play-ins and if so, how is it determined?

• Top 7 CRL &/or National Cup
    • Legends FC Academy
    • Beach LB- Demelo
    • Beach SB- Hodson
    • LA Galaxy SD
    • IE Surf Premiere
    • SoCal Blues- Holley
  • Top 4 in Play-ins
    • Hawks
    • Real SoCal SCV
    • LA Galaxy SB Reserve
My guess is Holley will not meet 9 players roster continuity with DA and ECNL. So that leaves 6 auto bid and 4 play in.

• Top 7 CRL &/or National Cup
    • Legends FC Academy
    • Beach LB- Demelo
    • Beach SB- Hodson
    • LA Galaxy SD
    • IE Surf Premiere
    • SoCal Blues- Holley
  • Top 4 in Play-ins
    • Hawks
    • Real SoCal SCV
    • LA Galaxy SB Reserve
My guess is Holley will not meet 9 players roster continuity with DA and ECNL. So that leaves 6 auto bid and 4 play in.
Will CRL only have 10 teams, rather than 12?

I know that the teams which had an auto-bid into CRL were allowed to pass that bid on to their second teams, but what about the two spots that Beach LB Demelo received by being a semi finalist in National Cup and top 4 in CRL? The way I see it, this is how CRL will look for 2017-18:
  • Top 4 in CRL
    • Legends FC Academy
    • Beach LB- Demelo
    • Beach SB- Hodson
  • Top 4 in National Cup
    • LA Galaxy SD
    • IE Surf Premiere
    • SoCal Blues- Holley
    • Beach LB Demelo
  • Top 4 in Play-ins
    • Hawks
    • Real SoCal SCV
    • LA Galaxy SB Reserve
Is there one more spot (a fifth) open via play-ins and if so, how is it determined?
San Diego Surf Navy Academy? I think you're talking about San Diego Soccer Club Navy? Surf is playing ECNL next year and I think Beach, Legends, and Galaxy SD are playing DA? Should be plenty of room for new CRL teams.

Are any of your kids reffing in socal? They should. The money is great and it challenges referee parent's priors about refs.....maybe. Lol

According to the weather reports, it's going to be an etremely hot weekend. When does player safety come into the conversation? Does Cal South/CRL have any rules in place for these situations? When it rains, games are cancelled to protect the fields. Why can't we do the same for our children? Who wants watch unmotivated players forced to battle through the excessive heat instead of being focused on quality soccer? Is it worth it?

According to the weather reports, it's going to be an etremely hot weekend. When does player safety come into the conversation? Does Cal South/CRL have any rules in place for these situations? When it rains, games are cancelled to protect the fields. Why can't we do the same for our children? Who wants watch unmotivated players forced to battle through the excessive heat instead of being focused on quality soccer? Is it worth it?

I hear you Xoloman. Be happy that your dd's team is not playing the Slammers tourney this weekend at Silverlakes where the high temp on Saturday is supposed to be 105 degrees. At least at Galway Downs in Temecula, it is only supposed to be 101 degrees:)!

I don't expect CRL or the Slammers tourney to get canceled due to the heat. I am sure that they will incorporate extra water breaks during the games to try and help.

I was seriously thinking last night about our role as parents and these games in excessive heat. I would love to say "screw it" and take the kids to the pool, but I don't want to be "that" parent.

Lastly, after roughly 5 minutes of each half, do we really expect the players to play with any intensity?

Looks like CRL acknowledged heat warnings. Those teams with two games this Saturday will now only play one game. Schedules updated.

Back