CRL Play In

Looking for clarification...

CRL Appendix B 'Structure' reads: "top 4 teams from last CRL season & 4 semifinalist from National Cup have earned spots. If teams with earned spots opt out or if a team earns two spots, those spots become available at play-in".

It looks like several teams with earned spots are now DA1. So reading appendix I would interpret that the DA1 teams are technically opting out making their spots available at play-in?

The DA2 site, dpleague.org, reads that DA2 teams are allowed to play CRL. But they aren't listed on play-in. Are they skipping CRL or do they get an earned spot even though it isn't mentioned in the appendix?

Technically it reads that this coming weekends play-in of 28 teams is for 4 spots. But with the exit of teams going DA1 and now DA2 "sprinkling in" not sure how accurate that is unless CRL is expanding past 12 teams?

Most are gone from last year

With DA

Beach
Legends
Albion
Carlsbad

Then ECNL

Surf
Sharks

Lots of open spots

In all the girls groups combined there is only 3 teams listed in play in as reserves/2's; the Galaxy SB one; combo 04/03, one Albion and one Legends in 04's.

For Man City Surf Cup only a couple of these reserves/2's are in that one. Are these 2nd-3rd team promises about playing in all these comp's, leagues just wishful promotion?

My guess is you won't see 9 players drop. But sure it's possible I guess.

At this point the returning teams or auto qualifiers you can count on would be

SDSC
Beach Hodson
IE Surf

My guess is you won't see 9 players drop. But sure it's possible I guess.

At this point the returning teams or auto qualifiers you can count on would be

SDSC
Beach Hodson
IE Surf
That makes sense, hence the 7 brackets, bracket winners to fill the 7 spots. If any less number of spots, there will be an elimination round, hence a possible round 2?

That makes sense, hence the 7 brackets, bracket winners to fill the 7 spots. If any less number of spots, there will be an elimination round, hence a possible round 2?
Schedule notes a round 2 for 2003 age group.

I believe 2 Beach teams got auto spots but neither meet the criteria for returning players.

CRL website originally stated top 2 finishers move on to second round. There are 8 spots left to be determined because of the rain outs, however in the second round there are 10 spots available. Are they possibly taking 2 wild cards? Anyone have any ideas?

CRL website originally stated top 2 finishers move on to second round. There are 8 spots left to be determined because of the rain outs, however in the second round there are 10 spots available. Are they possibly taking 2 wild cards? Anyone have any ideas?
Yes top 2 plus 2 wild cards. Not sure why they don't just do top 1 plus 1 wild card, and take 4 from there.

Back