CRL Games of the week

Started today, can't say I know these teams all that well but:
https://2018crlleagueseason.sportsa...mentguid=F3134355-BD83-4018-BF45-A8A9B1EE6736

Saturday, August 18, 2018
Vista Storm SC - B2003 Black 3 vs. Central California Aztecs - B03 4 from the day 1 scores looked to be the most interesting score line

Blow-outs?
Laguna United FC-B2003-Blue 7 vs. CYSA Premier Academy 1
Boca Jrs LA B03 Premier 4 vs. Real So Cal B03 ADT 0
Oxnard United Soccer Club 4 vs. Pateadores LA SCV B2003 0

Boca Jrs is the LAUFA team from the National finals so I would say them and Oxnard would be the favs but both in group B so who knows?

Central California Aztecs - B03 looked pretty good at Man City Cup I heard so there my sleeper in group A

for Sunday, August 19, 2018:
Laguna United FC-B2003-Blue vs. Boca Jrs LA B03 Premier
Santa Barbara S.C. B2003Elite vs. Pateadores LA B2003

Boca Jrs is the LAUFA team from the National finals so I would say them and Oxnard would be the favs but both in group B so who knows?

You just never know with Oxnard. They have a core of 7 or so kids that have been there forever and the rest, they just cycle them in and out. Laguna beating CYSA by such a large margin is definitely a surprise. Central Coast Aztecs had some fully developed men playing for them when I saw them in Norco for Cerritos.

Even though they did pretty well in NC, Fullerton looks like may be even stronger now.

Any big games this weekend

If you're with Surf , will the sunday game be competitive or another blow-out for Boca?

Sunday, August 26, 2018
Boca Jrs LA B03 Premier vs. San Diego Surf Academy Boys Select 2003 - 2
Fullerton Rangers B03 SYL vs. Santa Barbara S.C. B2003Elite

Saturday, August 25, 2018
Central California Aztecs - B03 vs. Pateadores LA B2003
Laguna United FC-B2003-Blue vs. Oxnard United Soccer Club

What happens after all games are played in Group A and B?

Winner of each group plays a final?

Does Two top teams from each bracket play each other (1st of A vs 2nd of B, 1st of B vs 2nd of A)?

Who goes to Regionals?

What happens after all games are played in Group A and B?

Winner of each group plays a final?

Does Two top teams from each bracket play each other (1st of A vs 2nd of B, 1st of B vs 2nd of A)?

Who goes to Regionals?

Winner of the brackets play each other unless there is a wild card (normally just one across all age groups) so don't count on that. The other catch is the winning team must enter and play national cup to get the regional berth.

Why did they create brackets?
Not enough days in the 2018/19 season to play each 2003 team?

Has to do with the new National League structure & the Pacific Conference IMO.

Prior to this season CRL had fewer teams and single bracket. Of course more teams 14 instead of the 10-11 bring in more $ but I think they wanted to get more teams involved and make the Pacific Conference more appealing. Seems like they have been adding perks some years: first round byes for National cup, Showcase or playoffs this year, etc.

Back