CRL, California Regional League, 2016-2017 (05s) - Tech Specs

Not gonna lie, being around the 05s got me pumped.

Kid did as expected, made some mental mistakes and made some saves beyond her age. The good thing about the mistakes is she's being allowed to make them, analyze the game and make decisions, if it's the wrong one she gets the opportunity to correct it in game or another game down the line.

Saturday against Legends North, early in the game she stepped near post and it was a manageable shot but she had her defender step in front of her and she locked up and the ball went in. I chalk that one up to guesting, if that's her team I would expect her to charge that ball and blow up her defender if need be.

Sunday against Legends South, she came out outside the box, opened her hips to switch the field with her feet, she spotted her teammate but didn't eye the defender marking her. She place the ball in front of her teammate with no room for a run, ball should have been at her feet. She did 2 out of 3 things right but was aware of what she did and now knows to make that extra read.

FYI, Ice Cream afterwards, both days, especially since I missed her great save on Saturday because I was texting.
Ice cream is like Windex good for so many things beyond there intended uses.

From what we have seen... surf and draluck gave us the hardest time... It didn't help that my dd and her team had a very odd/off weekend when they played Albion, force and surf. ... I enjoyed watching surf the best... and that keeper !! She literally pulled the ball off of my daughters head on a corner .. my dd laughed after "did u see that??!!!" And I have to say the parents of Albion, Force and Surf were very nice and after our girls were obviously having a tough time (with sub coaches) they seemed supportive and not all in your face. Thank u! Our girls will be back stronger and are working harder after those bad games.

Back