CRL, California Regional League, 2016-2017 (05s) - Tech Specs

In the interest of sharing the way a game played out, our girls at IE Surf lost 2-0 to Galaxy on Saturday and it was 1-0 up until the very end, but in reality, Galaxy was in control of that game from whistle to whistle.

I thought our girls did a very good job in the first when they got pinned in, of playing tough team defense and weathering the storm.

In the 2nd the girls put together a 10 minute run towards the end where they held the ball and knocked it around, but it was clear that Galaxy is far more polished than most.

Could have been a lot worse than the 2-0 scoreline as both Surf & Galaxy have been putting up wins in the half dozen range on everybody.

Tech is being modest. His daughter made several excellent saves throughout the game that kept things close despite a huge differential in shots on goal. This unfortunately included one where my dd was in on goal and as my kid puts it "she came out and cut off my angles, I tried to toe poke it to the side but she made herself big just like the pro goalies do it and blocked it." IE Surf goalie, job well done!

Murrieta Surf picked to come in third by some in their bracket manages a WC and only loses one game to eventual champs Strikers in the semis...not a bad result

Thank you for noticing! The girls have a lot of work to do but I do think we have lots of talent... Our keeper is amazing! And we were missing some of our girls..especially against Strikers on Sunday (though absolutely the best team won!) But I think our girls r improving.

The next game date / schedule for CRL has been posted:
Schedule

Saturday, August 20th

• Surf - EGSL vs. LA Galaxy - SB
  • Legends FC vs. Oceanside Breakers
  • Murrieta Surf vs. Surf II
  • FC Golden State vs. Beach FC - LB
  • SC Blues - Kale vs. LA Galaxy - SD
  • Legends FC - South vs. IE Surf

Sunday, August 21st
  • Surf II vs. Legends FC - South
  • IE Surf vs. LA Galaxy - SD
  • Surf - EGSL vs. SC Blues - Kale
  • Legends FC vs. FC Golden State
  • Oceanside Breakers vs. Murrieta Surf
  • LA Galaxy - SB vs. Beach FC - LB

Saturday, August 27th
  • IE Surf vs. Murrieta Surf
  • LA Galaxy - SD vs. Beach FC - LB
  • Oceanside Breakers vs. SC Blues - Kale
  • LA Galaxy - SB vs. FC Golden State
  • Surf - EGSL vs. Surf II
  • Legends FC vs. Legends FC - South

Sunday, August 28th
  • Surf II vs. Legends FC
  • IE Surf vs. SC Blues - Kale
  • LA Galaxy - SD vs. FC Golden State
  • Beach FC - LB vs. Murrieta Surf
  • Oceanside Breakers vs. Surf - EGSL
  • LA Galaxy - SB vs. Legends FC - South

Last edited:
having seen a few more of these teams in action, Oceanside strikes me as the most out of place.

Schedule

Saturday, August 20th

Sunday, August

Tech,

Do you have a direct line to CRL, surprised you don't know the games they are missing on the 27 and 28th??

having seen a few more of these teams in action, Oceanside strikes me as the most out of place.
yes how did they even get in?? heard they dont even have a goalkeeper............maybe their living off yeasteryears success.........this coach has 3 teams that have been going down the tubes i have heard........

yes how did they even get in?? heard they dont even have a goalkeeper............maybe their living off yeasteryears success.........this coach has 3 teams that have been going down the tubes i have heard........
Oceanside has had their moments, they took 3rd in a group of 4 to qualify after earning a couple of draws.

They tend to play direct but have hung in with teams at times.

Oceanside has had their moments, they took 3rd in a group of 4 to qualify after earning a couple of draws.

They tend to play direct but have hung in with teams at times.
I'm not really cracking on them, just noting the obvious. From what I've heard, Galaxy SD gutted the Oceanside teams when tryouts rolled around in January.

Are the fires anywhere near the fields? Smoke?
Fires are about 25 to 30 miles north of the fields up the 15 freeway, the winds are blowing the smoke east of the fields. I work pretty close to the Silverlake fields they were open tonight as girls were training on the fields.

Schedule

Saturday, August 20th

Sunday, August 21st

Saturday, August 27th
  • IE Surf vs. Murrieta Surf
  • LA Galaxy - SD vs. Beach FC - LB
  • Oceanside Breakers vs. SC Blues - Kale
  • LA Galaxy - SB vs. FC Golden State
  • Surf - EGSL vs. Surf II
  • Legends FC vs. Legends FC - South

Sunday, August 28th
  • Surf II vs. Legends FC
  • IE Surf vs. SC Blues - Kale
  • LA Galaxy - SD vs. FC Golden State
  • Beach FC - LB vs. Murrieta Surf
  • Oceanside Breakers vs. Surf - EGSL
  • LA Galaxy - SB vs. Legends FC - South
Schedule is now up for both weekends upcoming.

OuT of place indeed and I heard they're bringing down number 10 from there 2004 team....very skilled but could display frustration because the rest of the team seems to be non-existent.... shut her down and it's easy wins for all their opponents..... at least that's how we did it...... Legends Surf and Galaxy definitely quality of the group.....

Back