CRL, California Regional League, 2016-2017 (04s) - Tech Specs

Props to IE Surf West, they played their hearts out against Blues Dido and earned their first point in CRL. Saw a good portion of the game and they played with the intensity needed in this type of league and that's not easy when the results don't go your way for a team trying to take the next step with all the bumps and bruises that come with it.

Standings (After 8 Games Played)
  1. Surf - 20 Pts.
  2. Arsenal - 17 Pts.
  3. Galaxy SB - 16 Pts.
  4. RSC - 15 Pts.
  5. Galaxy SD - 14 Pts.
  6. Beach FC LB - 11 Pts.
  7. Blues Dido - 9 Pts.
  8. Blues Kale - 9 Pts.
  9. IE Surf - 9 Pts.
  10. Legends FC - 7 Pts.
  11. Arsenal SD - 3 Pts.
  12. IE Surf West - 1 Pt.

With 3 games left, and after yesterdays draw against Arsenal, Surf continues to control their own fate.

Realistically, only a showdown with Galaxy SB can derail the CRL run they're on right now.

The top and bottom halves of the table should stay relatively the same with movement amongst those halves only, although I see Beach FC propelling themselves a couple spots with the lighter part of their schedule coming up.

Thoughts and observations from this weekend?

RSC versus SC Blues Kale was intense, played right behind our game and girls were flying all over the field.

Arsenal versus Surf in my opinion saw Arsenal with the advantage in terms of opportunities in their offensive third while the second half saw the game even out a bit with the ball going back and forth for both teams. The coaches were both animated and tried their best to will their teams to victory.

I saw some sluggish play this weekend from quite a few of the teams. That was to be expected with the long holiday layoffs. Some teams were fortunate to have played in early January tournaments. They would have certainly helped to shake the rust off. For LAGSD we were able to get almost all of our current roster back in action and return from early season injuries. All of the girls were worked into both games this weekend and that was good to see. The real tests come over the next couple weeks with an Arsenal showdown and a double against Blues. I'm thinking "6" points will be necessary to move into the top "4". Hopefully the torrential rains hold off and we can get the games in this weekend.

Standings (After 8 Games Played)
  1. Surf - 20 Pts.
  2. Arsenal - 17 Pts.
  3. Galaxy SB - 16 Pts.
  4. RSC - 15 Pts.
  5. Galaxy SD - 14 Pts.
  6. Beach FC LB - 11 Pts.
  7. Blues Dido - 9 Pts.
  8. Blues Kale - 9 Pts.
  9. IE Surf - 9 Pts.
  10. Legends FC - 7 Pts.
  11. Arsenal SD - 3 Pts.
  12. IE Surf West - 1 Pt.

With 3 games left, and after yesterdays draw against Arsenal, Surf continues to control their own fate.

Realistically, only a showdown with Galaxy SB can derail the CRL run they're on right now.

The top and bottom halves of the table should stay relatively the same with movement amongst those halves only, although I see Beach FC propelling themselves a couple spots with the lighter part of their schedule coming up.

Thoughts and observations from this weekend?

RSC versus SC Blues Kale was intense, played right behind our game and girls were flying all over the field.

Arsenal versus Surf in my opinion saw Arsenal with the advantage in terms of opportunities in their offensive third while the second half saw the game even out a bit with the ball going back and forth for both teams. The coaches were both animated and tried their best to will their teams to victory.

So it looks like the "Surf is imploding" stuff may not have quite been right, lol.

Cal south just cancelled STATE CUP this weekend at Silverlakes and all surrounding venues.
Any word on CRL? I assume the same?

Nothing posted on CRL website yet but both run by Cal South, wonder if they try and squeeze some of the games in and not others.
4 of the 6 matches on each day are scheduled for turf fields at silver lakes.
Maybe calsouth is hoping there will be 2 other playable fields out of the remaining 20 for the other CRL matches, if they've canned the state cup games? It's almost never about the weather, it's about the damage to the pitch.

Back