COVID Training - How is your player doing?

My son's team has zoom training twice a week and it seems to be going well. He says everyone shows up routinely. They also have a "tactics talk" once a week and then the (former) DA coaches do another zoom training once a week. On top of that, we sneak out for one on one work to our local park once or twice a week. On top of that, he does a half hour of juggling every day. At first it was a slog to get him to do it, but I guaranteed that if he did a half an hour a day, he'd get to 1000. He did 1400 the other day... but now it's hard to get him to keep going. He's a little board of it.

But... I'm not sure how this will hold up over the summer when school stops and he's still stuck in the house. We're thinking of trying to organize 4 or 6 kid practices, unofficially, to get them running more. I'm worried that the feel for the game will atrophy.

My kid has impressed me lately. I think that seeing progress has kept her going. She does a time trial run that she mapped out for herself. She hits it a few times a week and her goal is to get faster each time. She has a similar route (but longer) that she’s been riding her bike on. She’ll do these timed routes in the morning and in the afternoon she alternates between strength and ball skills.

My kid has impressed me lately. I think that seeing progress has kept her going. She does a time trial run that she mapped out for herself. She hits it a few times a week and her goal is to get faster each time. She has a similar route (but longer) that she’s been riding her bike on. She’ll do these timed routes in the morning and in the afternoon she alternates between strength and ball skills.
Great stuff coach buck. My rocket girl is surfing and running. She hates soccer by herself so we just put the ball away for now. I guess you can say she has moved on to sports that she can do after soccer and since we have no soccer in socal until next year, why train, right? I did a joke on the family and told them we need to move to Highlands Ranch, CO so my dd can stay fresh and not get behind other soccer players who get to train now and let's just say my dd didnt take the joke very well. I'm all in with Socal for better or worse.

Zoom trainings (30-45 minutes) 2-3 times a week for our girl's U16 team. It is working out well and I am happy she gets some soccer related interaction outside of our non-stop family togetherness. So far there have been a few game analysis sessions as well as a Kahoot session. She is doing some PT on her own and we are allowed to go out and do individual training now so she's getting out 3-4 times a week now for that. She's definitely not a huge fan of exclusively doing individual training, but she is powering through it. The day ends with Fortnite, lots of Fortnite.

Great stuff coach buck. My rocket girl is surfing and running. She hates soccer by herself so we just put the ball away for now. I guess you can say she has moved on to sports that she can do after soccer and since we have no soccer in socal until next year, why train, right? I did a joke on the family and told them we need to move to Highlands Ranch, CO so my dd can stay fresh and not get behind other soccer players who get to train now and let's just say my dd didnt take the joke very well. I'm all in with Socal for better or worse.
My girl and a few friends went to a park today. There were goals, but they were locked up. They were still able to use them.
She said it was "interesting" striking a ball for "real" for the first time in a few months. She's been doing most of her ball work/wall ball/shooting from our street. Today she was on grass and shooting at a full sized goal.
It will be very interesting when we all get back to our "normal" routine.
(And by the way- Any coach that is scheduling full team practices "incognito" before CalSouth/US Youth Soccer/City have given the green light should be suspended. We all want to get back. But follow the rules set by people that are much smarter than you)

All this has been very tough on my little lamb. She can;t stand training by herself. For her upper body weight training, she is surfing everyday now at 7am-9am. For her legs and conditioning, she does sprints on the sand and then volleyball jumps and some stairs after she gets out of the water. My friend over in Nellie Gail Ranch has a soccer field in his backyard and we do privates with a this new trainer from Brazil. All one on one. I also hired a life coach to help my little lamb and a full time chef. It's on and we cant wait for soccer competition to start up. I want to travel too now, but for only good games. Vegas, get ready!!!!

Life coach?

My girl and a few friends went to a park today. There were goals, but they were locked up. They were still able to use them.
She said it was "interesting" striking a ball for "real" for the first time in a few months. She's been doing most of her ball work/wall ball/shooting from our street. Today she was on grass and shooting at a full sized goal.
It will be very interesting when we all get back to our "normal" routine.
(And by the way- Any coach that is scheduling full team practices "incognito" before CalSouth/US Youth Soccer/City have given the green light should be suspended. We all want to get back. But follow the rules set by people that are much smarter than you)
My dd came to me again on Sunday and told me she wants to start training again. I took her to the park yesterday too and all the goals were on lock down. My dd has the PW but Sheriff helicopters are above and I said no. Were doing 40 yard dash training, juggle contests and collecting and turning. I will be honest here coach. I've heard a few rumors about teams and coaches putting on private trainings. A part of me likes the brass balls approach, but my head says it's unfair and cheating and that's what cheaters usually do, they cheat somehow to win. It's best to follow the guidelines to teach our kids respect to our leaders, even when we think our leaders might be wrong. That is not setting a good example and it only teaches the girls to break rules from the health officials in OC. I want to be on their good side :)

Life coach?
I'm her life coach bro. I need to get paid too.....lol. All the training BS I wrote about was one big lie except the surfing part. No sprints at the beach or volleyball. I do have a friend with a backyard soccer field but our kids don;t get along. The truth be told we take it one day at a time. Surf and surf some more with a 4 days of training on the 40 yard dash, juggles and collection drills and turn left and then right or left fakes. I do take her and help and this is actually the first time I got to coach since she was 6 and I was the rec coach. Were having a blast and she wants a fast 40. Outside, what is really good soccer 40?

My son's team has zoom training twice a week and it seems to be going well. He says everyone shows up routinely. They also have a "tactics talk" once a week and then the (former) DA coaches do another zoom training once a week. On top of that, we sneak out for one on one work to our local park once or twice a week. On top of that, he does a half hour of juggling every day. At first it was a slog to get him to do it, but I guaranteed that if he did a half an hour a day, he'd get to 1000. He did 1400 the other day... but now it's hard to get him to keep going. He's a little board of it.

But... I'm not sure how this will hold up over the summer when school stops and he's still stuck in the house. We're thinking of trying to organize 4 or 6 kid practices, unofficially, to get them running more. I'm worried that the feel for the game will atrophy.
we’re doing small celebrations for milestones.

mile run time drops below T minutes,
left record times right record gets above N.
hit top corner using left foot.

not sure what else we can think of. County rules still forbid 1v1 outside of family.

Back