Contracts

Ruben Ayala

BRONZE
Would like some feedback from the experienced parents that may have come across my friends situation. Apparently the coach is planning to leave the club because he was unsuccessful in recruiting more players because the club price is too high at this age. The coach was only able to successfully have 40% pay the initial fee although all the families like the coach. Seeing that he is planning on leaving and the player contract states "no refunds" are the parents out of luck? The club will mostly put another coach in place but it seems like the families don't want to stick around neither does my friend. Any advice what my friend can do about a refund seeing that hardly anyone has paid the initial fee, tryouts were not successful and too much competition in the surrounding areas that have better prices. Plus this is a new team that looks like they are going to fall apart before the Fall season starts.

"No refunds". Sorry.

Unless, of course, the club fails to put together a team. Then they have failed on their side of the contract.

"No refunds". Sorry.

Unless, of course, the club fails to put together a team. Then they have failed on their side of the contract.
My friend is confident that they will fail because they have been trying to put the team since December and had no luck in having 10 committed and initial paying families. Only 4 did and there has been players coming and going because once they see or hear the price tag its a "Nice knowing you". There only fear is that the club is going to try to drag them along to try to form the lost cause team. From what they informed me during lunch is that they have informed the club that they want to be removed because the coach is leaving. Apparently they are going to replace her with another coach. But they rather not stay and want there money back.

My friend is confident that they will fail because they have been trying to put the team since December and had no luck in having 10 committed and initial paying families. Only 4 did and there has been players coming and going because once they see or hear the price tag its a "Nice knowing you". There only fear is that the club is going to try to drag them along to try to form the lost cause team. From what they informed me during lunch is that they have informed the club that they want to be removed because the coach is leaving. Apparently they are going to replace her with another coach. But they rather not stay and want there money back.
Another risk is if they try to place those 4 players with other teams within the club claiming that the commitment is with the club, not the team, and they hold the final say on team placement. Lousy situation.

Another risk is if they try to place those 4 players with other teams within the club claiming that the commitment is with the club, not the team, and they hold the final say on team placement. Lousy situation.
Well fortunately the other team the roster is full and there is no other 09 team. I really doubt they would be crazy to make a 15 player roster for a 7v7 team.

How air tight are these "Contracts" for 7 year olds to play soccer?
If you've paid everything up front, you might have trouble getting your money back. But if you've only paid a deposit, just walk away.
I know quite a few club parents who are attorneys. I'm surprised that none of them have had an issue signing these "contracts".

How air tight are these "Contracts" for 7 year olds to play soccer?
If you've paid everything up front, you might have trouble getting your money back. But if you've only paid a deposit, just walk away.
I know quite a few club parents who are attorneys. I'm surprised that none of them have had an issue signing these "contracts".
Well I don't know about you...but I think a lot of people don't just want to walk away from $500 and want to be refunded or at least be prorated for 2 months worth of training.

Back