College Entrance Scam includes former Yale Women's Soccer Coach

See bold type...yeah, bet she was "instrumental"...a couple #41s each year:

LA Breakers FC are delighted to announce the hiring of UCLA Head Coach Amanda Cromwell as Special Advisor to the Board, ECNL Staff Coach and College Consultant.

“Amanda Cromwell is one of the most accomplished women’s soccer coaches in the world,” said Mike Page, Club Director for LA Breakers FC. “She brings a wealth of knowledge and unrivaled connections with the NCAA and US Soccer. Her hiring demonstrates the commitment that LA Breakers has to elite player and coaching development in the Los Angeles region.”

Cromwell’s accomplishments in the game include leading the UCLA Bruins to the program’s first-ever NCAA Championship only eight months after being hired in April, 2013. Cromwell was subsequently named Soccer America’s Coach of the Year, the first-such honor for a UCLA Women’s Soccer coach. In addition to coaching at UCLA, Cromwell was instrumental in securing a $5-million dollar donation for the transformation of UCLA’s Wallis Annenberg Stadium as the new home for Bruins Soccer.

“I am very passionate about being an integral part of developing the L.A. youth soccer scene,” said Coach Cromwell. “I have been looking for the ideal partnership in the area, and LA Breakers and their vision for youth soccer are the perfect fit for me. I am really excited to begin my work with them.”

Cromwell earned 55 caps while representing the U.S. Women’s National Team. She was a member of the United States’ 1995 FIFA Women’s World Cup team and an alternate for the U.S. Olympic team in 1996.

Cromwell has already begun working with LA Breakers FC teams and will be working with and evaluating players at our ECNL tryouts this month.

Is this for real? That said, it may mean that AC simply wouldn’t be allowed to recruit any of those players...

It reminds me of what SD Surf is doing when they hired Rob Becerra from Stanford and recently the coach from ASU... They’re pushing that angle hard...

Those coaches should be able to work with the younger ages groups though, right...is it U13 and below?
We have seen those instances working with youngers, just not working with high school ages.
After U13 isn't that a conflict of interest/against NCAA rules?

Not a problem with salcedo- he will get a job at socal clubs. Have you seen some of the coaches at the clubs and high school? Trades people or if you have accent they masquerade as a coach. LOL

A number of college coaches - HCs and ACs - coach in the Bay Area (or have) and it has not been limited to the younger age groups. I believe the only restriction is in private (non-clinic) coaching - once in HS, that is prohibited. There is also some geographic limit but I am not sure how that applies. MVLA has had a Stanford connection (and a number of Stanford players come from that club) and Mustang has had a Cal connection (with a number of ex-Mustang players playing there). Not sure Chastain has been at Thorns long enough (or that Thorns has existed in the Bay Area long enough) to create a pipeline (I do know she coaches pre-HS kids (no idea about kids in HS) and, watching my younger kids playing against her team, she is a great ambassador for the game (she compliments EVERY kid coming off the field and, for them, it is like a bolt of magic (not on topic but deserves to be noted)).

I understand that they CANNOT coach in a HS program - not sure if that is a CIF rule or an NCAA rule or both (I'd guess both).

JS is the director at TFA still and was out coaching last week's game. He's a feature at several "camps" so the $$ still coming in.

That's the funny thing about club soccer, mess up, embezzle money, take bribes, do whatever and before you know it these people are back at a new club, affiliate, or starting something back up grifting again...

I shouldn't gloat in UCLA's hour of sadness.

I was going to post a picture here of my son getting by the last defender to score the winning goal in OT to beat UCLA the only time Davis played them in his college career, but the photographer has put copyright restrictions on all his posted work, and he does good work so I don't want to mess with his rights. If anyone is interested, look at this page --

https://www.aggiephoto.com/p521027952

and click on the photo Henry UCLA0597. This is the middle of a nice sequence of still photos that read almost like a movie.

A number of college coaches - HCs and ACs - coach in the Bay Area (or have) and it has not been limited to the younger age groups. I believe the only restriction is in private (non-clinic) coaching - once in HS, that is prohibited. There is also some geographic limit but I am not sure how that applies. MVLA has had a Stanford connection (and a number of Stanford players come from that club) and Mustang has had a Cal connection (with a number of ex-Mustang players playing there). Not sure Chastain has been at Thorns long enough (or that Thorns has existed in the Bay Area long enough) to create a pipeline (I do know she coaches pre-HS kids (no idea about kids in HS) and, watching my younger kids playing against her team, she is a great ambassador for the game (she compliments EVERY kid coming off the field and, for them, it is like a bolt of magic (not on topic but deserves to be noted)).

I understand that they CANNOT coach in a HS program - not sure if that is a CIF rule or an NCAA rule or both (I'd guess both).

We tried to work a group discount or free tickets for our club boys for a game at SDSU back when I was on the local club's BOD. They told us they could only do it for players below age 13 because of NCAA restrictions about contacts or special treatment for high school age players.

As for college coaches working local club teams - all the coaches at the two San Diego D1 programs (USD and SDSU) were coaching (some of them DOCs) at local clubs when we were going through the recruiting passage. Right now, both Brian Quinn (head coach at USD) and Seamus McFadden (former head coach at USD) are listed on the coaches' page at San Diego Soccer Club. BQ is Director of Coaches:Younger boys, which may satisfy the NCAA restriction.

https://www.sandiegosoccerclub.org/board-of-directors

We tried to work a group discount or free tickets for our club boys for a game at SDSU back when I was on the local club's BOD. They told us they could only do it for players below age 13 because of NCAA restrictions about contacts or special treatment for high school age players.

Yes, that's my understanding, too (though not age-based but grade-based). When our local schools put out calls for ball boys/ball girls, it is always limited to pre-HS age.

Those coaches should be able to work with the younger ages groups though, right...is it U13 and below?
We have seen those instances working with youngers, just not working with high school ages.
After U13 isn't that a conflict of interest/against NCAA rules?

NCAA Bylaw 13.11.2.4 allows college coaches to coach in any age group for a local club team based within 50 miles of the college so long as the players also live in that radius. How refreshing that there's at least one NCAA rule that gives some kids an opportunity to make an educated decision about a coach.

What you’re missing is that some of the bribe money found its way into the team’s account and that is a NCAA violation that has cost schools national championships, post season play and scholarships.
Wait, I missed that? Bribe money ended up in what/which team's account?

The media train is rolling with this. For gods sake it’s made it on headlines in Europe. The Administration has got to do something. It just looks bad with the silence
The FBI needs to take a look at the THOUSANDS of international students who take up spots of US students. Who is checking their classes, grades and tests? A lot of money pours into universities from international students.

Just curious how you can have close contact with high school players like this and not cross a line into "recruiting". Every coach we have talked to over the years has been very strict about contact with players outside of the college campus so there are no NCAA violations.

Mauricio Ingrassia is the head coach at Long Beach State and also Beach FC. Paul Krumpe from LMU just joined LA Galaxy South Bay. Seems pretty common.

Double dippers, some are knee deep in the "foundation" business also like this sham shows.

Clubs are involved heavily also in the non-profit, foundation, etc shenanigans and there is $$$ changing hands. Youth sports in a mutiple billion dollar business that if scrutinized, auidted in depth would likely undercover some legal, ethical, and business problems but most people don't care enough....don't ask don't tell kind of deal. In this case someone was mad enough to blow the whistle

Back