Coaches' travel expenses for away league games

G03_SD

SILVER ELITE
Does your team pay for coach's expenses for away league games? I would assume this is something the club should cover. Same with mandatory showcases.

Does your team pay for coach's expenses for away league games? I would assume this is something the club should cover. Same with mandatory showcases.

WC has a club "coach expense reimbursement policy" document.
Any travel greater then 75 miles one way mileage/travel and hotel is covered.
Hotel is stated as "reasonable" accommodations. There's also a daily per diem schedule, full day or half day.

Nothing received from the $urf overlords yet, I'm expecting higher everything. :|

WC has a club "coach expense reimbursement policy" document.
Any travel greater then 75 miles one way mileage/travel and hotel is covered.
Hotel is stated as "reasonable" accommodations. There's also a daily per diem schedule, full day or half day.

Nothing received from the $urf overlords yet, I'm expecting higher everything. :|

Has anyone yet figured out the benefits of being a Surf franchisee?

Coaches expenses are items we have covered in the past; I assumed is was standard operating procedure. Mileage, per diem and hotel expenses if far enough away (plus plane ticket if applicable). Some of the coaches we have had would ride with a parent, normally team manager, to cut down the cost. I would be surprised to not pay it.

I have never been a manager, but I have seen what they have to do and if I were King their dues would be at least partially taken care of.
Well at least their travel is taken care of for our team. It’s a thankless and tough job. Most people don’t understand either . Which I’m sure makes even tougher.

Yes...team budget includes per diem plus coach travel - but league and showcases are different depending on where (how far from home field) league games are. Expenses are split between the teams with the same coach. So if coach has 3 teams all going to same league games, it is split three ways. Managers work it out, not the club.

Back