Coaches Responsibility

JV6

SILVER
I was at my daughter's game yesterday and on the field next to ours, several fights broke out at the end of the game. The fight was between 03 FC Premier and CDA Slammers. After the game, there were fights between players, Players going after refs, parents going after the opposing coach, and parents going after player . At no point did the coaches on either team do anything to deescalate the situation. In fact, the Premier coach seemed to encourage it. I know in these times everyone likes to blame the refs for EVERYTHING, but at what point do the coaches be held accountable for not only the play/behavior of their players, but also the parents?

The coach should immediately suspend any player or family that was involved.
He can’t be responsible for everyone’s actions during a game. But he can make sure to put his foot down and make sure it never happens again.

He can’t be responsible for everyone’s actions during a game. But he can make sure to put his foot down and make sure it never happens again.

All of this nonsense started after the game had ended. Several parents came across the field to confront opposing players, the refs, and the coach. It was crazy. But neither coach did anything at all to stop it.

There's plenty of authority in the CSL rules to suspend any "administrator," which includes a coach or team manager, for the behavior of the parents, or for the players on the field if the coach is encouraging it.

I was at my daughter's game yesterday and on the field next to ours, several fights broke out at the end of the game. The fight was between 03 FC Premier and CDA Slammers. After the game, there were fights between players, Players going after refs, parents going after the opposing coach, and parents going after player . At no point did the coaches on either team do anything to deescalate the situation. In fact, the Premier coach seemed to encourage it. I know in these times everyone likes to blame the refs for EVERYTHING, but at what point do the coaches be held accountable for not only the play/behavior of their players, but also the parents?
What city was this game played in? Refs need a raise now!!! Plus they need pepper spray and maybe soon a stun gun to zap every freaking crazy soccer parent when he or she get's out of line. Do we need to hire off duty cops to sit in the middle of all the parents?
upload_2019-10-13_10-7-16.jpeg
Instead of gifts going to coaches or TMs, I say all gifts and fundraising efforts go to the refs starting like...…. now!!!!. This is insane parents!!!

But what if the coach is involved in the egging on the fight too? Maybe club take a look at video? Plus, we have no evidence of video right now and JV dude is very new so I might have acted too soon like I do sometimes. Is really true @JV6

I think we need to start putting boxing rings next to soccer fields. Any parents that want to fight are welcome to step into the ring 1 on 1. Maybe soccer refs can get certified for boxing matches. A little extra cash for the effort.
You win your fight- your kid gets to continue to play. You lose- your kid is done for the season.

I think we need to start putting boxing rings next to soccer fields. Any parents that want to fight are welcome to step into the ring 1 on 1. Maybe soccer refs can get certified for boxing matches. A little extra cash for the effort.
You win your fight- your kid gets to continue to play. You lose- your kid is done for the season.

WE can start a new "adult fun entertainment" biz all at the fields. Jump house biz is for the kiddos. PM bro, I'm serious.......
The girls can just let the dads handle all the fighting off the fields and away from the goal posts. This is from 2019 I think. I'm not sure what teams they represent but one of their dd is now out for the year :) Actually, I think the dd should stay and dad is now out for the rest of the year.
upload_2019-10-13_10-38-48.jpeg

But what if the coach is involved in the egging on the fight too? Maybe club take a look at video? Plus, we have no evidence of video right now and JV dude is very new so I might have acted too soon like I do sometimes. Is really true @JV6

Yeah it is. I'm not affiliated with either club and I have no reason to make this up.

What city was this game played in? Refs need a raise now!!! Plus they need pepper spray and maybe soon a stun gun to zap every freaking crazy soccer parent when he or she get's out of line. Do we need to hire off duty cops to sit in the middle of all the parents?
View attachment 5491
Instead of gifts going to coaches or TMs, I say all gifts and fundraising efforts go to the refs starting like...…. now!!!!. This is insane parents!!!

It was at Westminister HS yesterday

WE can start a new "adult fun entertainment" biz all at the fields. Jump house biz is for the kiddos. PM bro, I'm serious.......
The girls can just let the dads handle all the fighting off the fields and away from the goal posts. This is from 2019 I think. I'm not sure what teams they represent but one of their dd is now out for the year :) Actually, I think the dd should stay and dad is now out for the rest of the year.
View attachment 5492
As a coach, I've been approached twice in 6 years by an angry parent.

1. Our team won 5-0. League game. I think the girls were 10 or 11 years old. Opposing coach was an ass pre-game. Opposing parent with a German Shephard in tow comes across the field and yells "Hey Coach. I need to talk to you. One of your girls or parents called my daughter a loser. She's crying and you need to apologize." One of my parents jumped up to tell him to go away and sit down. Almost got ugly. I assured Mr German Shephard that I highly doubt anyone on my team or sideline would say something like that. But I'll address it and make sure. He then said "My daughter is the hardest working girl on this field and she doesn't deserve to be called a loser." To de-escalate the situation, I walked over to her and said "You played very hard. I'm sorry if someone on my team said something mean to you. I'll make sure it never happens again."

2. We won 2-0. League game last year. There was a foul at midfield at some point in the 2nd half. We fouled them. Other girl was a little bit hurt, but was able to continue to play. Apparently one of my players approached the teammate that fouled the girl and gave her a high five. (I think it was more of a "keep playing hard" type of thing and a not a "good job for taking that girl out" type of thing). After the game, Mama Bear approached me "Hey Coach, Can I talk to you?" - I said "I don't talk with opposing parents. If there is an issue, please talk with your coach about it and he and I can discuss." She wasn't having it "YOU TEACH YOUR GIRLS POOR SPORTSMANSHIP" Her lip was quivering and I thought she was going to cry. "These girls all play so hard and for your players to celebrate another playing getting hurt is poor sportsmanship." I told her "This game gets physical as these girls get older. I certainly don't encourage dirty play, but I do want my girls to play hard. I didn't see anyone giving someone a high five. But I'll talk to my team about how we always want to play with class."

Ohhh- One other time. We were playing a friendly against a team that was a year older than us. Never played them before. We lost 2 or 3 to zero. Opposing team had a large dude on the sideline barking all game long. Chirping at the ref. Hooting and hollering when they scored. Screaming whenever there was a little contact. With about 20 to go in the 2nd half - I said to the ref "You gonna let that guy bark at you all game long?" And I pointed across the field. Screaming Monster guy says "You talking about me? Are we going to have a problem? Come and say it to my face? What are you going to do?" I chirped back that he should sit down and enjoy the game. To which he replied "It's almost over. Hows that scoreboard coach?"

1. Our team won 5-0. League game. I think the girls were 10 or 11 years old. Opposing coach was an ass pre-game. Opposing parent with a German Shephard in tow comes across the field and yells "Hey Coach. I need to talk to you. One of your girls or parents called my daughter a loser. She's crying and you need to apologize." One of my parents jumped up to tell him to go away and sit down. Almost got ugly. I assured Mr German Shephard that I highly doubt anyone on my team or sideline would say something like that. But I'll address it and make sure. He then said "My daughter is the hardest working girl on this field and she doesn't deserve to be called a loser." To de-escalate the situation, I walked over to her and said "You played very hard. I'm sorry if someone on my team said something mean to you. I'll make sure it never happens again."

2. We won 2-0. League game last year. There was a foul at midfield at some point in the 2nd half. We fouled them. Other girl was a little bit hurt, but was able to continue to play. Apparently one of my players approached the teammate that fouled the girl and gave her a high five. (I think it was more of a "keep playing hard" type of thing and a not a "good job for taking that girl out" type of thing). After the game, Mama Bear approached me "Hey Coach, Can I talk to you?" - I said "I don't talk with opposing parents. If there is an issue, please talk with your coach about it and he and I can discuss." She wasn't having it "YOU TEACH YOUR GIRLS POOR SPORTSMANSHIP" Her lip was quivering and I thought she was going to cry. "These girls all play so hard and for your players to celebrate another playing getting hurt is poor sportsmanship." I told her "This game gets physical as these girls get older. I certainly don't encourage dirty play, but I do want my girls to play hard. I didn't see anyone giving someone a high five. But I'll talk to my team about how we always want to play with class."

Ohhh- One other time. We were playing a friendly against a team that was a year older than us. Never played them before. We lost 2 or 3 to zero. Opposing team had a large dude on the sideline barking all game long. Chirping at the ref. Hooting and hollering when they scored. Screaming whenever there was a little contact. With about 20 to go in the 2nd half - I said to the ref "You gonna let that guy bark at you all game long?" And I pointed across the field. Screaming Monster guy says "You talking about me? Are we going to have a problem? Come and say it to my face? What are you going to do?" I chirped back that he should sit down and enjoy the game. To which he replied "It's almost over. Hows that scoreboard coach?"
I'm always hard on the dads. I remember one dad was so pissed his baby goat didn't start he ran across the field after the game and let that coach have it. I think that kid started the rest of the year so something happen in that talk. I do have some real crazy mama bear stories but since I'm a guy I didn't want to make the moms look bad. I'll share just one "mama bear, my dd didn't play at all insanity." Grand parents, Uncles, Aunts and the rest of the family drove two hours to Long Beach and Grand Daughter saw ZERO action. Grandma Bear and Mama Bear let that coach have it like I've never seen. Two grown up ladies screaming at the top of their lungs at the male coach like they were going to maul his face off like two rabid Grizzly Bears. I thought PaPa Bear was going to kick the coaches ass but they just left and we never saw them again. I do think all the good coaches have it the 2nd hardest, slightly behind the refs at this time. Monster dads are Gnarly too. I had one that was 6' 4, 250 and ready to kill me 7 years ago and on Meth.....

Just curious Coach Buck, the lady with the German Shepard, did you feel like you had much of a choice to speak with her or if you tried to make a run for the parking lot you saying Rin Tin Tin would have chased your ass down?
images

Just curious Coach Buck, the lady with the German Shepard, did you feel like you had much of a choice to speak with her or if you tried to make a run for the parking lot you saying Rin Tin Tin would have chased your ass down?
images
Was a dude with the doggie. He definitely brought the dog with him on purpose when confronting me.
Dang Laguna Beach thugs.

Always funny when I see people ask if they made it up on here. I think the majority of people aren’t running on to a soccer forum to make up fights - especially when specific teams were mentioned. Think most who have coached, refed and/or managed for awhile have plenty of fight stories. I think it’s worse at Rec. A friend of mine who Refs was doing a Rec regional playoff game at same set of fields I was at when I saw a some parents, worse one was a mom, run to yell at him. He ran to his car, leaving his bag at the field, people ran after him to his car and shook his car. Real lucky no one was run over. This team had not lost a game, those great team with 3 dads as coaches yelling from the sideline all at the same time. The mom lost her shit. Another parent was even trying take his bag - which I nicely insisted to give to me. I think tone changes when they don’t see a young kid, a real old guy or 5ft tall person in front of them. Like someone said, maybe we just hire ex military, mma fighters, heavyweight boxers and police. Hah

Always funny when I see people ask if they made it up on here. I think the majority of people aren’t running on to a soccer forum to make up fights - especially when specific teams were mentioned. Think most who have coached, refed and/or managed for awhile have plenty of fight stories. I think it’s worse at Rec. A friend of mine who Refs was doing a Rec regional playoff game at same set of fields I was at when I saw a some parents, worse one was a mom, run to yell at him. He ran to his car, leaving his bag at the field, people ran after him to his car and shook his car. Real lucky no one was run over. This team had not lost a game, those great team with 3 dads as coaches yelling from the sideline all at the same time. The mom lost her shit. Another parent was even trying take his bag - which I nicely insisted to give to me. I think tone changes when they don’t see a young kid, a real old guy or 5ft tall person in front of them. Like someone said, maybe we just hire ex military, mma fighters, heavyweight boxers and police. Hah
I'm a sucker for false information especially when the Doc is running his mouth explaining next years plans. I think parents are reaching the boiling point and are angry for all sorts of reasons and the refs and coaches are taking the brunt of their hostilities. I see it and feel it in the air. I'm trying Not To Take things Serious bro :)

I'm a sucker for false information especially when the Doc is running his mouth explaining next years plans. I think parents are reaching the boiling point and are angry for all sorts of reasons and the refs and coaches are taking the brunt of their hostilities. I see it and feel it in the air. I'm trying Not To Take things Serious bro :)
Haha. Haven’t heard that one before. Doesn’t help when there is a ref shortage. I think some of the refs that remain are those with the attitude that allows them to take the abuse - some who give it back. Think many times it escalates when coaches don’t control parents and the kids on the bench. Also been seeing Sunday League attitudes at club games a lot more.

Back