Coach working in God mode?

Help us out, Gee. Where is your daughter playing now? It's great to know who to avoid, but help us by advising as to who actually meets your standards?
Toxic Parents Untied up by Fuck You Road in Cala-Kiss-My-Ass-Bitch!

My story about Coach Javier Torres Beach FC South Bay Flight 2 2007 girls team..

If 6 or more players parents have the same complaints about a coach being lazy, showing up late for games and tournaments, not talking to parents and his team

Your 07 team entered :

May - Legends
June - nike
July - Anaheim surf
Aug - West Coast
Sept - Irvine Cup
Sept , Oct , Nov - SCDSL League
Dec - Orange County
Jan - Anaheim Cup
Feb - State Cup

Playing in 8 tournaments and league for an 07 flight 2 team does not seem to indicate a lazy coach , especially when you consider the coach determines how many tournaments the team will enter and does not get paid anything extra for playing more tournaments. Ironically , some might make the case this coach entered too many tournaments . Regardless , on the surface it seems this coach had the best interest of the team at heart to spend that amount of time with them. As far as his coaching style and communication skills go , I have no personal knowledge .

Many coaches spend a lot of time with a fair amount of stress coaching youth teams because they love soccer and helping kids have fun and improve and at the same time do it to supplement their income or is their main income. To criticize and name a coach on this or any forum which may unfairly damage his or her reputation and livelihood should only be done when the allegations are serious and clear . It should not be based on rumors or personnel vendettas such as for example playing time , coaching tactics , personality conflicts , etc.

I am not naive and know their are coaches who I would not want my kids playing for. And if I found myself in this situation I would try to work it out with the coach and/or leave the team at the first opportunity. Many folks have pointed out on this forum that the best way to avoid this situation is to observe some practices and watch a few games before joining a new team . You can learn a lot about a coach watching from the sidelines ( coaching style , tactics , subbing patterns , are there 6 subs on the bench that a few don't seem to be playing little if any ) . If you really believe getting the right coach is important to you and your kid you will invest the time necessary to pick a new team and a good coach . ( Right or wrong just my opinion )

Full disclosure
: I have never heard of this coach or know anything about the team other then is what is posted on youth soccer rankings and what has been posted on this string.

My story about Coach Javier Torres Beach FC South Bay Flight 2 2007 girls team..

If 6 or more players parents have the same complaints about a coach being lazy, showing up late for games and tournaments, not talking to parents and his team and a list of other things that point to bad coaching and because of this the entire team left to go to other clubs what should be punishment for this coach??

As of now I personally spoke with the president Steve Grace of this club and the president of this club told me 5 other parents have voiced issues with this coach this season and as a result all have left this club. That’s half the kids and parents on the team gone. We had one parent quit just before state cup as they were already beyond tired of the bullshit. The president did apologize for the coaches bad behavior and said that he wishes I would of let him know 6 months ago...

This coach is still working at Beach FC South Bay and now he coaches a new Flight 1 2007 Girls team and I believe he coaches 2 or more girls teams.

So it’s ok for this type of bad behavior poor attitude as coach to go on and as kids and parents we are just supposed to move on and this coach keeps his job and nothing happens he’s operating in God Mode?

What really strikes me funny is the fact that our Flight 2 team was second place for our league season only losing to a strong Flight 2 team that came down from Flight 1 from the year before and although the tournaments we did not win any we did at least win one game at every tournament and we played around 45 games total including scrimmages I felt entire team played very well chemistry was starting to happen and moving entire team to Flight 1 and training hard for the next season I thought would of been the best choice for the club and team.

With all that said political agendas over ruled the bright future for this team unfortunately.. as some parents would like to say that’s just par for the course..

Looking over your posts under "control freak" and your current, it seems like you like to bash every coach, every club you are at...and even under ODP 2007 you seem to bash the three girls that were chosen I am assuming at Beach. Maybe you should re-analyze truly why you are upset ... maybe you are assuming your daughter is better than she really is... most parents are delusional you know.

Your 07 team entered :

May - Legends
June - nike
July - Anaheim surf
Aug - West Coast
Sept - Irvine Cup
Dec - Orange County
Jan - Anaheim Cup
Feb - State Cup
Your 07 team entered :

May - Legends
June - nike
July - Anaheim surf
Aug - West Coast
Sept - Irvine Cup
Dec - Orange County
Jan - Anaheim Cup
Feb - State Cup

Playing in 8 tournaments and league for an 07 flight 2 team does not seem to indicate a lazy coach , especially when you consider the coach determines how many tournaments the team will enter and does not get paid anything extra for playing more tournaments. Ironically , some might make the case this coach entered too many tournaments . Regardless , on the surface it seems this coach had the best interest of the team at heart to spend that amount of time with them. As far as his coaching style and communication skills go , I have no personal knowledge .

Many coaches spend a lot of time with a fair amount of stress coaching youth teams because they love soccer and helping kids have fun and improve and at the same time do it to supplement their income or is their main income. To criticize and name a coach on this or any forum which may unfairly damage his or her reputation and livelihood should only be done when the allegations are serious and clear . It should not be based on rumors or personnel vendettas such as for example playing time , coaching tactics , personality conflicts , etc.

I am not naive and know their are coaches who I would not want my kids playing for. And if I found myself in this situation I would try to work it out with the coach and/or leave the team at the first opportunity. Many folks have pointed out on this forum that the best way to avoid this situation is to observe some practices and watch a few games before joining a new team . You can learn a lot about a coach watching from the sidelines ( coaching style , tactics , subbing patterns , are there 6 subs on the bench that a few don't seem to be playing little if any ) . If you really believe getting the right coach is important to you and your kid you will invest the time necessary to pick a new team and a good coach . ( Right or wrong just my opinion )

Full disclosure
: I have never heard of this coach or know anything about the team other then is what is posted on youth soccer rankings and what has been posted on this string.

There’s no doubt we played a lot of tournaments and as I mentioned 45 games in total and he was many times over booked with tournaments and coaching other girl teams but the players should not suffer and experience lazy and tired behavior from a coach. This lazy tired behavior is not motivating and as a result your players will play in the way you are received. I don’t care what the excuse is and the fact that Beach FC over booked this guy too bad don’t take on more coaching work than you can handle because you need the money. Many parents and kids were not happy seeing the Coach late for a tournament on his cell phone ignoring the kids and asking parents to play as coach and he was on his way. Many other issues that many kids and parents had with him throughout the year that the director and president are aware of because parents called in on him. I would rather had my kid play less with a energetic coach!

Nah these clubs are all about business (your money) and politics do your homework my friend I’ve done mine just wish I would’ve learned about this bullshit sooner.
yes there are many politics to this club soccer game and you are doing a very poor job playing it by bashing clubs, coaches, presidents, kids.... i think many people know who you are and you are setting your daughter up for complete failure based on your poor judgement. what a shame.

Your 07 team entered :

May - Legends
June - nike
July - Anaheim surf
Aug - West Coast
Sept - Irvine Cup
Dec - Orange County
Jan - Anaheim Cup
Feb - State Cup

Full disclosure

You sure did do a lot of research and spent a fair amount of time defending the system for someone with noting vested. Are you affiliated with the club or coaching someplace else and offended that someone would call a coach an a**hole? Personally, I am enjoying the back and forth. There are some good coaches out there, some really great coaches out there and a whole lot of them that are real pieces of sh*t. Pretending otherwise suggests you have an agenda.

You sure did do a lot of research and spent a fair amount of time defending the system for someone with noting vested. Are you affiliated with the club or coaching someplace else and offended that someone would call a coach an a**hole? Personally, I am enjoying the back and forth. There are some good coaches out there, some really great coaches out there and a whole lot of them that are real pieces of sh*t. Pretending otherwise suggests you have an agenda.

My disclosure is based on fact .
For this coach I only addressed the issue of ( he is a lazy coach) . The facts seem to indicate that was likely not true.
I did not address his communication skills or other comments because I do not know the coach .
The research is all based on youth soccer rankings and is readily available for any team . Actually calling it research is a stretch .
I mentioned I am not naive and there are coaches who would not be acceptable to me.
The so called defense of coaches was just my general opinion and was not directed at this coach since I don't know him.
I tend to dislike calling out coaches or anybody by name from an anonymous source based on generalities that may or may not be true.
Whether these particular allegations are true or not or are serious enough to be mentioned by name I don't know .
But there have been some anonymous posters on this forum over the years who sometimes throw around allegations pretty freely.
And yes , many times like you I enjoy the back and forth but today I just felt like giving my opinion.
My opinion of what people should actually do , who are really concerned with getting a coach they will like , was based on many other posts on this forum and makes sense to me.

The defense rests.

Soccer is a small community. Don't burn bridges for your daughter. Not a good look at all
see that is part of the problem. people get bashed for calling out bad behavior. so he's had 2 bad experience. he should be allowed to voice them on a forum so that other don't make the same mistakes. coaches should be called out for bad stuff with out be questioned about his own intentions. this is how things get out of control. this is why us soccer is so bad. parent are so afraid of calling out coaches. coaches should not be going to strip clubs while traveling with there team bottom line they should also remember who is paying them.

Sometimes we see our kids get hurt, and we want to stop the pain and hurt those that harmed our kids. Sometimes a little distance allows a better understanding of why everything went down the way it did. A year ago I would have sworn that my kids old DOC was the devil incarnate; I understand a little more know why things unfolded like they did and my kid is the better for going through it. Most coaches and DOCs care about the kids. Most.

None of them understand goalies, but that’s a topic for another forum. Good luck to you and your kid. I hope you find the right fit.

There’s no doubt we played a lot of tournaments and as I mentioned 45 games in total and he was many times over booked with tournaments and coaching other girl teams but the players should not suffer and experience lazy and tired behavior from a coach. This lazy tired behavior is not motivating and as a result your players will play in the way you are received. I don’t care what the excuse is and the fact that Beach FC over booked this guy too bad don’t take on more coaching work than you can handle because you need the money. Many parents and kids were not happy seeing the Coach late for a tournament on his cell phone ignoring the kids and asking parents to play as coach and he was on his way. Many other issues that many kids and parents had with him throughout the year that the director and president are aware of because parents called in on him. I would rather had my kid play less with a energetic coach!

Don't know specifics of situation. However, I can comment that many coaches at various clubs may be coaching 2, 3, 4+ teams and have other responsibilities (covering other coaches' games, etc.). They may miss or be late to games. They have lives, spouses, other jobs, kids, too.

Sounds like your team entered a lot of tournaments. This doesn't seem like a "lazy" coach from this metric.

Some coaches are "high energy/intensity" some are "low energy/intensity". I've seen many coaches-- and I understand this-- who feel that they can't make a bunch of unmotivated players be motivated. There are also many parents who throw a fit when their kid isn't a superstar on the field and blame the coach when the real problem is that their kid just isn't that into soccer (skill, motivation, athleticism, etc). I've seen teams where I think half the players don't want to be playing soccer. Their parents just haven't figured it out yet.

Do your homework. Understand the coach, their philosophy, and how that meshes with your kid before you sign up with a team.

Even if you find the "right" coach, you may end up with a team with multiple "dud" players for a whole host of reasons. It has happened to my kid.

I've seen many more toxic parents than I've seen toxic coaches.

Maybe you've had two bad coaches, but.... leaving two teams on bad terms, going on a message board and blasting a coach and swearing at strangers who question you doesn't seem like optimal parent behavior. Understand that a toxic parent can ruin the environment for your kid, the team, the coach and the other parents. There are good and dysfunctional ways to deal with problems.

Mic drop.

Gee, 45 games 8 tournaments is not being lazy. It's being very committed to getting the kids to play.

Being late is part of having several teams and maybe he has a regular job or coaches at a high school.

You calling out his name is "Horrible behavior". If this coach is abusing kids then you are doing the rest of the soccer community a favor.

To me it seems like you are just bitter bitter and willing to ruin this coach's reputation.

As you can see from this soccer community we mostly all see that you are the one that is on the wrong side of this post.

I prefer people should be aware and learn from other people’s mistakes. The smart people will learn from the wise it’s called wisdom if everyone just turns their cheek and says nothing about this or that coach nothing is said and coach continues to behave the same way.

It seems like many of us tolerate this garbage and have developed some thick skin but why in the world should we tolerate this crap there is no excuse and we just let it continue same reason why half the United Stares hates Trump but he’s still in office.

And today I felt I should bill blass that ass because the coach and club deserve a bad report sorry I’m not holding my tongue!!
The only person you are hurting with this post is your daughter as you have no idea who is reading this and what decision down the road is made because of it. You are probably right about everything and it is wrong but welcome to the club. What you described sounded exactly like what we went through at another club and we left. We could sit around and complain or we could leave. The latter made more sense.

I actually like the calling out of bad coaches and teams. I personally wouldn't due to the fact that burning bridges is dangerous.

But it is nice to see that coaches and clubs can actually be called out. There are too many that have poor coaching/behavior and get away with it because people are afraid to burn bridges. Good coaches will always get 2nd chances. If this can maybe keep some clubs or coaches a little bit honest, I am all for it.

The posts will get dissected like this post was and if isn't true, then we will get a good idea on who is wrong or not. Will only either show as a bad person for saying those things or will help educate those that maybe didn't know those things.

I actually give Gee credit for posting that. Not agreeing with Gee but at least something was attempted to shed light on a specific coach or club.

But beware like others have said. Don't set up your DD or DS to fail down the line because of your actions.

One coach is a control freak. The other is lazy.
I wish you well on your quest to find what best fits your 2007 kid.

Aside from what you and some other parents think, how has your player felt about the 2 coaches/clubs you’ve named here in the last few months?

Last edited:
Back