Coach Movement and 2018 Assignments

I have a job so I won't be playing games with butt hurt coaches or parents today. Carry on!

I have a job so I won't be playing games with butt hurt coaches or parents today. Carry on!

Butt hurt? You have a lot to say about nothing. I'm really genuinely interested in who you deem qualified. I'm sure many parents on here are as well. If you wish to stir and stir the pot, at least give us something edible. Not a useless pot of water. Otherwise, yes, get back to your job and stop wasting our time. Carry on!
Would that news be the rumor Shannon Macmillan is headed to Surf to be the girls DOC. Spooner to Albion. Shannon will not coach a team.

Or is it something else?

Now we're talkin'. Finally someone giving us something to really think about, not just stirring the pot to stir the pot. Thanks Soccer.

No sorry I don't buy into the mob mentality. It's sad you would encourage baseless posts and innuendos.
People should wait until they see things in writing. Then they should wait until it changes after they pay.
Mine is simply encouraging people to seek out different avenues of finding out the truth because this is three pages of garbage.
I am sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative.

No sorry I don't buy into the mob mentality. It's sad you would encourage baseless posts and innuendos.
People should wait until they see things in writing. Then they should wait until it changes after they pay.
Mine is simply encouraging people to seek out different avenues of finding out the truth because this is three pages of garbage.

Drama much?! Come on. Just an hour ago, you went on and on and on about all the "big news" coming. People want to know the rumors. I've been on this forum since the old forum existed and it's always been a great source of information. Many rumors tend to have some value. At least now, those that are at Surf might start digging a little further. Stop trying to be so righteous. You're as much a part of the gossip as anyone.

Lol I simply want to know what happened with Tony and would love to know where Toumi is going.. yes it affects my child.. you seem to know so please enlighten us all..

Lol I simply want to know what happened with Tony and would love to know where Toumi is going.. yes it affects my child.. you seem to know so please enlighten us all..

You have an albion 03? I think you are the only Albion parent here. Did the club tell you what happened with Tony? The rest of us have heard rumors that we do not want to share on a public forum.

Would that news be the rumor Shannon Macmillan is headed to Surf to be the girls DOC. Spooner to Albion. Shannon will not coach a team.

Or is it something else?
If Shannon is going to be the Surf DOC I hope she puts an end to the privates of MD and other shenanigans. If they spell out the expectations of coaches and parents and actually hold them accountable on their first offense, maybe some of this BS would end.

You have an albion 03? I think you are the only Albion parent here. Did the club tell you what happened with Tony? The rest of us have heard rumors that we do not want to share on a public forum.
Come on, do you really think Ginns is going to say anything about Tony? They sent an email about Toumie because that was his choice to leave and he is not being accused of any wrongdoing. I believe Defendthegoal is an 04 parent; surely some of them know about Tony even though it supposedly involved the 03 team.

If Shannon is going to be the Surf DOC I hope she puts an end to the privates of MD and other shenanigans. If they spell out the expectations of coaches and parents and actually hold them accountable on their first offense, maybe some of this BS would end.

What shenanigans? Who is MD? If you're going to libel someone, at least be specific enough for us to pay attention.

What shenanigans? Who is MD? If you're going to libel someone, at least be specific enough for us to pay attention.
Learn the definition of libel and then tell me which Surf team you are interested in because if your dd played there you would certainly know what I am talking about jackass.

Learn the definition of libel and then tell me which Surf team you are interested in because if your dd played there you would certainly know what I am talking about jackass.

Well guess what? Not many Surf parents are here. And so 90% of your audience doesn't know who "MD" is and what alleged shenanigans means. So provide details or STFU.

Well guess what? Not many Surf parents are here. And so 90% of your audience doesn't know who "MD" is and what alleged shenanigans means. So provide details or STFU.
Since you never agree with my posts, maybe you should realize that I am not talking to you.

I know that Surf Board members and probably Shannon are on the forum so I was giving them food for thought as well as everyone that practices similarly.

I remember the days when girls in San Diego had very few choices to play at a high level and thus several choose to go to OC to play instead of for example Bratz. Today there are a lot more options, albeit some would argue watered down choices, yet more girls then ever are making the long drive out of town to play because of politics. It is a sad commentary on what club soccer has become especially at a club like Surf and in this age group.

I remember when my kids where young and one heard that a teammate was getting privates from the coach. My ds thought that the coach liked that player better then him. So I sat my kids down and told them that if they wanted to play, it was on them to make it happen by working hard, being respectful to the coach and other players and helping in any way they could as a good teammate. I told them that I would never kiss anyone's behind or bribe anyone so they could get ahead. I believe that this attitude has served them well into young adults. But having family that is still dealing with all this BS, I can at least hope for their sake that either the DOCs, coaches or parents wake up and say this is enough.

If you have an opinion or a question regarding a topic, post it. Isn’t that what these forums are about? Why do we resort to name calling and insults, and being obnoxious and arrogant? Why is it grounds for elitism if someone is ignorant, or asks questions, or simply doesn’t know? Inform them. If you are not sure of something you heard, or may think is simply a rumor, say so. You are not bound by anything other then your own morals. Hopefully, and especially in today’s day and age, that means something. Stop making more out of this then it is. When you do, perhaps you become part of the problem as well. It’s a Q & A forum. This is OUR community. Share and be respectful or maybe just get off. I’ll be doing that right now. Happy New year to you all. I hope your children land safely and have a wonderful season. Let them enjoy it.

I don’t know of any shenanigans but a quick look at the surf website and scan of the coaches will show you first name and last name. I see at least one with the initials MD.

Fact, from what I have heard, this won’t be a problem for much longer.

Since you never agree with my posts, maybe you should realize that I am not talking to you.

I know that Surf Board members and probably Shannon are on the forum so I was giving them food for thought as well as everyone that practices similarly.

I remember the days when girls in San Diego had very few choices to play at a high level and thus several choose to go to OC to play instead of for example Bratz. Today there are a lot more options, albeit some would argue watered down choices, yet more girls then ever are making the long drive out of town to play because of politics. It is a sad commentary on what club soccer has become especially at a club like Surf and in this age group.

I remember when my kids where young and one heard that a teammate was getting privates from the coach. My ds thought that the coach liked that player better then him. So I sat my kids down and told them that if they wanted to play, it was on them to make it happen by working hard, being respectful to the coach and other players and helping in any way they could as a good teammate. I told them that I would never kiss anyone's behind or bribe anyone so they could get ahead. I believe that this attitude has served them well into young adults. But having family that is still dealing with all this BS, I can at least hope for their sake that either the DOCs, coaches or parents wake up and say this is enough.

No idea what you are on about. "in this age group" - which age group is that? You realize you are in the General forum, right?

Back