Climate and Weather

From the 2014 article above:
"The next contact they received was from the Environmental Protection Agency. "They came out to our house. We said if there's any problem or anything we missed, we apologize and are willing to work with you. They told us we may or may not be in violation, but it was up to us to prove we're not."

"Johnson plans to keep fighting to keep his pond, and has received support from all over the country, including from many elected officials in Washington, D.C. "I believe very, very strongly that private property is exactly that—private," Johnson said. "We absolutely love living the country life. We just want to work, pay our taxes, raise our kids and be left alone."

110984-1.gif

From the 2014 article above:
"The next contact they received was from the Environmental Protection Agency. "They came out to our house. We said if there's any problem or anything we missed, we apologize and are willing to work with you. They told us we may or may not be in violation, but it was up to us to prove we're not."

"Johnson plans to keep fighting to keep his pond, and has received support from all over the country, including from many elected officials in Washington, D.C. "I believe very, very strongly that private property is exactly that—private," Johnson said. "We absolutely love living the country life. We just want to work, pay our taxes, raise our kids and be left alone."

Ooooh- selective quotes game.

In their complaint, the PLF lawyers stated the work was exempt as a “construction or maintenance of farm or stock ponds.” But what the lawyers left out is the line that proceeded the listed exemptions, ” Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, the discharge of dredged or fill material.” In paragraph 2, we find:

(2) Any discharge of dredged or fill material into the navigable waters incidental to any activity having as its purpose bringing an area of the navigable waters into a use to which it was not previously subject, where the flow or circulation of navigable waters may be impaired or the reach of such waters be reduced, shall be required to have a permit under this section

In other words, if you’re maintaining an existing pond, no permit is necessary. If you’re building a new one, however, you need that permit. More importantly, the Army Corps of Engineers needs to ascertain whether the work being done is going to have an adverse effect on the water system.
And another -

The difference for Johnson ended up being in who lives downstream. "From the information we have gathered, we have a neighbor who took it upon themselves to make all the phone calls. It's really very strange. Everybody in our community absolutely loves our project. These neighbors moved here from out of state," Johnson said. "Their son was in the trackhoe when I was building the dam. I was showing him how to run it, they were out there taking pictures. The next day they reported us to the Corps of Engineers."​

Ooooh- selective quotes game.

In their complaint, the PLF lawyers stated the work was exempt as a “construction or maintenance of farm or stock ponds.” But what the lawyers left out is the line that proceeded the listed exemptions, ” Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, the discharge of dredged or fill material.” In paragraph 2, we find:

(2) Any discharge of dredged or fill material into the navigable waters incidental to any activity having as its purpose bringing an area of the navigable waters into a use to which it was not previously subject, where the flow or circulation of navigable waters may be impaired or the reach of such waters be reduced, shall be required to have a permit under this section

In other words, if you’re maintaining an existing pond, no permit is necessary. If you’re building a new one, however, you need that permit. More importantly, the Army Corps of Engineers needs to ascertain whether the work being done is going to have an adverse effect on the water system.
And another -

The difference for Johnson ended up being in who lives downstream. "From the information we have gathered, we have a neighbor who took it upon themselves to make all the phone calls. It's really very strange. Everybody in our community absolutely loves our project. These neighbors moved here from out of state," Johnson said. "Their son was in the trackhoe when I was building the dam. I was showing him how to run it, they were out there taking pictures. The next day they reported us to the Corps of Engineers."​
Oooooohh you're just too fucking smart for anyone alive today....
So tell me Magoo, is that pond still there?
Did the Johnsons have to pay a huge fine?
Did the EPA overstep their authority?
On a different note, did you ever cite your source for the Robert E Lee order to shoot Union officers who lead black troops?

Back