Clarification on contracts

ct310

BRONZE
Can anyone enlighten me on how club contracts work? Does each club have to follow Socal League rules or does the club have its own contract rules. For example, Socal League states that the contract goes from State Cup to the following State Cup. If this is the case, does the club have the right to charge you dues for the new year if State Cup isn't done yet?

My club does this (contracts for the new year need to be done by 3/1 in our case). I have no idea what the Socal League contract requirements are, and it's unclear to me if my club would allow players to complete the State Cup if they did not commit to the club for the next season (or did not qualify in the try-out process). But the club's contract period doesn't align with State Cup in our case.

My club does this (contracts for the new year need to be done by 3/1 in our case). I have no idea what the Socal League contract requirements are, and it's unclear to me if my club would allow players to complete the State Cup if they did not commit to the club for the next season (or did not qualify in the try-out process). But the club's contract period doesn't align with State Cup in our case.
Don't know what the SoCal rules are for contracts but there are windows for tryouts. I'm seeing clubs advertising for younger than 2009 so maybe the window is open for the youngers? The window may have also been impacted by state cup being pushed due to weather a few times this year?

In any case, it's been long standard practice for the non-letter league teams to pressure players to resign immediately under threat of your space going to someone at "tryouts". Coaches are sometimes paid bonuses depending on what percentage of resigns they bring in.

Can anyone enlighten me on how club contracts work? Does each club have to follow Socal League rules or does the club have its own contract rules. For example, Socal League states that the contract goes from State Cup to the following State Cup. If this is the case, does the club have the right to charge you dues for the new year if State Cup isn't done yet?
SoCal league rules govern the player movement, not the club contracts. The rules are:
-Between now and July 1st. You can leave any time you want even if you already signed a club contract.
-After July 1st, you can leave if a) you already paid the annual club fee in full, OR b) your club agrees to release you.

It's normal for clubs to ask for a partial fee now. Typically it would be something like a $500 deposit to secure your spot for the upcoming season.

Back