Chelsea SC LA is having invitational tryouts for Flight 3 Boys 2003 Team

Chelsea SC LA is having invitational tryouts for their Flight 3 Boys 2003 team

All practices are at Paul Revere Middle School in the Pacific Palisades.

If interested please email: Mele French (Chelsea SC LA - DOC) mfrench@chelseasc.org

Thanks.

Yes meaning that you need to email our coaches and not just show up. We want to make sure that we get a chance to talk to you about your player prior to showing up. As our tryouts are during the teams training sessions. Thanks.

No disrespect to Chelsea (or any club), but parents reading this who are thinking about a Flight 3 team for their 14-15 year-old would be FAR better served finding a rec league that plays a slate of games (AYSO can be good at this age group, and the referees at this age are Advanced and Nationals) and having your son enjoy himself doing that. Don't spend $1500.

* exception: if he wants to play in weekend tournaments and not a full-on league, but even then creating a team that only plays in the lower tiers of nice tournaments would be a better route.

Are you kidding me? Who the blank are you to decide at what level of soccer parents should spend $1500?

So if you are Flight 2 it is ok? Or just Flight 1?

Perhaps $1500 is a steal considering your son or daughter practices 2x a week and has games most weekends all year long and gets to develop soccer skills, learns about hard work and dedication, stays in amazing shape, develops friendships, experiences the thrill of competing for and perhaps winning a division.

Please. Save your uninformed advice.

I really can't disagree more. There are great athletes out there that either never really played a ton of organized soccer or that have had years of AYSO and some club experience that have not developed at all. Clearly there are some good coaches in AYSO and clubs, but clubs SHOULD be providing real development at a much higher level of coaching. This is where most clubs fall short. A child athlete with the correct development and training deserves the opportunity to train at higher levels and have the ability to be in this type of structure and environment. Who knows, there are those athletes that start late in some sports and end up advancing rapidly. Again this is not recreational and the two are very different.

A child athlete with the correct development and training deserves the opportunity to train at higher levels and have the ability to be in this type of structure and environment. Who knows, there are those athletes that start late in some sports and end up advancing rapidly
This is fair. You can search my other posts to read that I concur that youth soccer is beneficial for social development (working with peers, etc.) as well.

A child athlete with the correct development and training deserves the opportunity to train at higher levels and have the ability to be in this type of structure and environment. Who knows, there are those athletes that start late in some sports and end up advancing rapidly
This is fair. You can search my other posts to read that I concur that youth soccer is beneficial for social development (working with peers, etc.) as well.

Back