Chelsea SC is looking for coaches

Sorry there is only one flavor of Pats. All have access to the highest levels.

You got me, officially the Pats call them Chapters not flavors.

Every player in Southern California has the exact same access to playing for the PATS DA teams. You just have to be good, you don't have to play for their u-littles team.

You got me, officially the Pats call them Chapters not flavors.

Every player in Southern California has the exact same access to playing for the PATS DA teams. You just have to be good, you don't have to play for their u-littles team.
I was referring to players in the Pats organization that can be moved or shared at anytime. The other organizations can't say that in a lot of cases.

Let's face it, we all want our kids to be in the right place at the right time. Just like clubs ask for money each year, kids and parents need to evaluate with great frequency their situation--Chelsea just might be the right fit or maybe NCP, PSA or Wolves as much as JUSA or even YMCA. I am sure that if a kid went to any club and was basically better than players 1-11, regardless if they came from Chelsea or from a satellite club, the kid would be picked up. Highest levels are always wanting to replace their best players.

I live in North OC and both of my dd's played for JUSA for multiple seasons. When my younger dd got to club soccer age, we tried out for Chelsea. They were so unorganized then that we never heard back from them. You could say that Chelsea did not get back to me because they didn't think my dd was club soccer worthy. That may be true, but none of the other parents who had players attend this tryout were contacted after the tryout and I am talking about roughly 10-15 different sets of parents. Many of those players still play today, but for different clubs in So Cal.

JUSA has a tremendous amount of rec players, so if Chelsea had their act together, they might be a better option for those families. Over the years, other clubs have come into Chelsea's backyard and provided a great option for those parents.

Best of luck with your search Neil, but I think that ship has sailed.
Upper management sucks. Let's be realistic. You have two things. Chelsea comes to the point and realized that Rec. Club that feeds the other clubs around them. Or get rid of your upper management and get someone to get the club thru to play at the level that the other clubs do.

What do you mean by moved and shared?
Pats play in the SCDSL as does Chelsea (so we at least kinda keep this thing on topic). SCDSL has the more liberal "club pass" rule, which allows players to be sent up to the higher division teams or sent down. So, a player that starts the season off at XYZ Flight 3, can conceivably be moved to the Flight 1 team.

I've read a few of the negative comments regarding this club's past, and having no experience whatsoever, save for my son's team having played against a Chelsea team, it appears that this year (April 2016), the Chelsea club made some changes, appointing a new DOC and Director of Player Development (http://www.chelseasc.org/1545-2/). It appears changes were made and now the club is looking to grow. Good Luck.

Pats play in the SCDSL as does Chelsea (so we at least kinda keep this thing on topic). SCDSL has the more liberal "club pass" rule, which allows players to be sent up to the higher division teams or sent down. So, a player that starts the season off at XYZ Flight 3, can conceivably be moved to the Flight 1 team.

I've read a few of the negative comments regarding this club's past, and having no experience whatsoever, save for my son's team having played against a Chelsea team, it appears that this year (April 2016), the Chelsea club made some changes, appointing a new DOC and Director of Player Development (http://www.chelseasc.org/1545-2/). It appears changes were made and now the club is looking to grow. Good Luck.
I hope this guy can fix what the lady that was in charge destroyed. Chelsea had alot of coaches that cared about the club and left.

I hope this guy can fix what the lady that was in charge destroyed. Chelsea had alot of coaches that cared about the club and left.
Here is my experience with Chelsea after a client asked me to come observe and wanted my opinion of the club. I have to say that I see a better future for Chelsea after talking to the new DOC Neil and observing the new DOC of player development. During my time at tryouts I truly believe he does care about the club, players and wants to make things go to a positive direction. Bringing in new coaches and building new teams look bright after seeing the club's tryouts. I was glad that Chelsea was a good fit for my client and they were happy with what they saw. Maybe Chelsea may rise up again from the ashes like a phoenix once more.

Here is my experience with Chelsea after a client asked me to come observe and wanted my opinion of the club. I have to say that I see a better future for Chelsea after talking to the new DOC Neil and observing the new DOC of player development. During my time at tryouts I truly believe he does care about the club, players and wants to make things go to a positive direction. Bringing in new coaches and building new teams look bright after seeing the club's tryouts. I was glad that Chelsea was a good fit for my client and they were happy with what they saw. Maybe Chelsea may rise up again from the ashes like a phoenix once more.

Here is the bottom line, nobody is going to play for Chelsea or any other organization without the proper leadership and a solid reputation. The top clubs do not advertise they are looking for coaches. Coaches find the top clubs and ask them to join or the club will ask an individual to join. At one time there was only one club in the Yorba Linda and Placentia area. Now there are Legends FC, Strikers, Slammers and Pats. That is four clubs in the same area and that is not including AC Brea, Fullerton Rangers and Canyon FC. If the top players in the area are going to the other clubs but Chelsea, what players are they left with but recreational ones who can't make a team somewhere else.

Here is the bottom line, nobody is going to play for Chelsea or any other organization without the proper leadership and a solid reputation. The top clubs do not advertise they are looking for coaches. Coaches find the top clubs and ask them to join or the club will ask an individual to join. At one time there was only one club in the Yorba Linda and Placentia area. Now there are Legends FC, Strikers, Slammers and Pats. That is four clubs in the same area and that is not including AC Brea, Fullerton Rangers and Canyon FC. If the top players in the area are going to the other clubs but Chelsea, what players are they left with but recreational ones who can't make a team somewhere else.

You are correct in your statement for players that are already in club and are aware of their options. Although I thought Slammers YL is no longer around?? Anyways, the good news for Chelsea is that they will make new teams from the younger players coming up the recreational teams. My DD is a young player and I could have selected AC Brea or Rangers. I personally selected Chelsea for convenience and to be around a great group of girls, parents, and coach. There was a time when TFA, Arsenal, and Corinthians were making a strong play in this area but they didnt last for long.

Also even though my daughter joined Chelsea, I am getting email spams from other clubs in the area asking for my kid to tryout. I dont see how they got my email other than someone stealing it from JUSA. Basically they are going after the same kids that Chelsea is going after.

Also even though my daughter joined Chelsea, I am getting email spams from other clubs in the area asking for my kid to tryout. I dont see how they got my email other than someone stealing it from JUSA. Basically they are going after the same kids that Chelsea is going after.
This reminds me of something that occurred when my cousin DD was in IE Surf. This is what the e-mail said from the President comment when parents were getting e-mails from other clubs.

Hello IE Surf Families,

I am writing this email to all of the members of our Club. Over the past month it has been brought to my attention that many parents have been receiving personalized emails to their children from the Director of Coaches at Arsenal FC. These emails are targeting all players of specific teams inviting them to try out or to come to a camp. I have had many parents questioning how the staff at Arsenal got their information. I have spent the last few weeks in communication with Arsenal FC and also Cal South. This incident was of great concern to me. What we can currently presume is that they are accessing the information through Cal South registration program. All Registrars of each Club have access to this information through the registration portal. It is instructed to all Registrars that they are not to give information to any others from this source. Arsenal FC is denying that is how they obtained the information. They stated they got it from previous camps or previous players of Arsenal FC. I strongly doubt that. There is no way to target entire teams in certain age groups by that method. The only place that we know it can be pulled is in the registration portal. We feel this is a breach of privacy on the part of Arsenal FC and I wanted to make sure all of our members know that we do not take that lightly. I had contact with the CEO of Cal South and from what I have been told is that they will be shutting down the feature in the system so that other Clubs can't access each others information. This feature originally was open so that Registrars could easily perform transfers.

Clubs will always be attempting to recruit, that is part of the business. We as a Board do not believe in tactics like this. We recently had two teams and a coach approach us to transfer to our Club from Arsenal FC. The coach asked our DOC to attend a meeting to discuss our program before they made a decision of where they were going to transfer to. The very next day that coach was terminated from Arsenal FC. A couple of days after that the emails were sent to our parents from the DOC at Arsenal FC inviting all of our players to try out. This appears to be a retaliatory tactic on their part and it saddens me to see these types of things happen. To possibly violate privacy laws to obtain this information seems like an all new low. I believe in transparency and that is why I am sharing this with all of you. Our focus here are the kids and how they develop and more importantly how they achieve greatness through education. We stand behind those beliefs and know that if we always keep that first we will always stay on the right path.

From the Board of Directors, the DOC and all the staff we thank you all very much for helping our Club be so successful and grow each and every year. We are excited to announce soon the names of all of our student athletes that have committed to colleges this year. Keep an eye out on the web site for that exciting information.
If anyone has any questions or further concerns about this issue please feel free to contact me or any Board member.

Thank you all again,

Sincerely,
Bryan Young
President
Inland empire Surf Soccer Club
byoung@inlandempiresurf.com

This reminds me of something that occurred when my cousin DD was in IE Surf. This is what the e-mail said from the President comment when parents were getting e-mails from other clubs.

Hello IE Surf Families,

I am writing this email to all of the members of our Club. Over the past month it has been brought to my attention that many parents have been receiving personalized emails to their children from the Director of Coaches at Arsenal FC. These emails are targeting all players of specific teams inviting them to try out or to come to a camp. I have had many parents questioning how the staff at Arsenal got their information. I have spent the last few weeks in communication with Arsenal FC and also Cal South. This incident was of great concern to me. What we can currently presume is that they are accessing the information through Cal South registration program. All Registrars of each Club have access to this information through the registration portal. It is instructed to all Registrars that they are not to give information to any others from this source. Arsenal FC is denying that is how they obtained the information. They stated they got it from previous camps or previous players of Arsenal FC. I strongly doubt that. There is no way to target entire teams in certain age groups by that method. The only place that we know it can be pulled is in the registration portal. We feel this is a breach of privacy on the part of Arsenal FC and I wanted to make sure all of our members know that we do not take that lightly. I had contact with the CEO of Cal South and from what I have been told is that they will be shutting down the feature in the system so that other Clubs can't access each others information. This feature originally was open so that Registrars could easily perform transfers.

Clubs will always be attempting to recruit, that is part of the business. We as a Board do not believe in tactics like this. We recently had two teams and a coach approach us to transfer to our Club from Arsenal FC. The coach asked our DOC to attend a meeting to discuss our program before they made a decision of where they were going to transfer to. The very next day that coach was terminated from Arsenal FC. A couple of days after that the emails were sent to our parents from the DOC at Arsenal FC inviting all of our players to try out. This appears to be a retaliatory tactic on their part and it saddens me to see these types of things happen. To possibly violate privacy laws to obtain this information seems like an all new low. I believe in transparency and that is why I am sharing this with all of you. Our focus here are the kids and how they develop and more importantly how they achieve greatness through education. We stand behind those beliefs and know that if we always keep that first we will always stay on the right path.

From the Board of Directors, the DOC and all the staff we thank you all very much for helping our Club be so successful and grow each and every year. We are excited to announce soon the names of all of our student athletes that have committed to colleges this year. Keep an eye out on the web site for that exciting information.
If anyone has any questions or further concerns about this issue please feel free to contact me or any Board member.

Thank you all again,

Sincerely,
Bryan Young
President
Inland empire Surf Soccer Club
byoung@inlandempiresurf.com

Yep, from personal experience as a girls parent of Arsenal in 2015, sounds just like them. Arsenal has some good younger girls teams but the price and drama is keeping me away from them. On a side note, I personally saw RB deny a transfer from one arsenal team to our arsenal team during the allowed thanksgiving break til after national cup. This player sat on our bench for a few months (but still trained with us) since RB did not allow her to play with us. Not sure how or why Arsenal even allowed this. I'm not big on a club that punishes players or even keeps them from playing the game they love. No thanks!!!

Yep, from personal experience as a girls parent of Arsenal in 2015, sounds just like them. Arsenal has some good younger girls teams but the price and drama is keeping me away from them. On a side note, I personally saw RB deny a transfer from one arsenal team to our arsenal team during the allowed thanksgiving break til after national cup. This player sat on our bench for a few months (but still trained with us) since RB did not allow her to play with us. Not sure how or why Arsenal even allowed this. I'm not big on a club that punishes players or even keeps them from playing the game they love. No thanks!!!
Everyone know that RB is known punishment of players, make a mistake your out. Team loses laps after the game. Don't perform you will learn be replaced or you won't play for the rest of the tournament and if you don't show up to any of the games you will feel his punishment. It's a shame that the previous DOC left to IE Surf.

My child also plays for Chelsea and I have never gotten SPAM e-mails from other clubs unless I registered for a tryout or played previously on their club. However, I am getting SPAM e-mails from Legends and I know exactly how that came about. It's the same reason that you are getting them SoccerFan4Life. The former JUSA Signature director lost his bid for re-election in December 2016 and was replaced but still had access to the registration system until January when the new director took over. Shortly thereafter, he moved to Legends FC West and running their "developmental" academy and magically all Chelsea families start receiving spam e-mails from the Legends club. Not some Chelsea families... but all of them. This is an obvious case of someone steeling people's personal information and distributing it to another organization without the families permission. Not only is it unethical... but probably borderline illegal. Unfortunately, there's no way to prove it... so life goes on. Based on on the content of his posts... I'm quite certain that this guy posts on these boards as "sothpaw" which would probably explain why so much of his comments negatively attack the Chelsea/JUSA organization. I for one can vouch for the Chelsea/JUSA organization, it's integrity, and the quality of the new leadership. They are doing well and are headed in the right direction. They just needed to clean house and take out the trash.

Back