Chelsea SC is looking for coaches

chelseasc

BRONZE
Chelsea SC / JUSA is currently recruiting experienced coaching staff to join our team. Multiple teams are available. Please contact Neil Hitchman at doc@chelseasc.org if you are interested in being part JUSA, one of the Nations biggest soccer organizations, established in 1974. Our practice facilities are located in Yorba Linda and Placentia and our home games are in Yorba Linda.

Why would anyone want to coach at Chelsea?
The only thing you offer is playing on fields in YL.

You should have had another club take over and get some credibility back

You guys are nothing more than a third tier club with nothing to offer

Real question is why post junk like this and have zero class.

You should have someone post for you in the future to get credibility back.

Your nothing more than a troll with nothing to offer.

Really wanted this club to succeed. With heavy talent in the North Orange County area - top players have left for years to play South County or Rangers. If Jusa/Chelsea had pooled together with top coaching etc this club could have competed with the South teams. Now with Legends West, Strikers North and possibly Pats their window is shutting fast. Good Luck though my kids and myself played Jusa.

Frank the Tank, adults shouldn't be talking like middle schoolers. My kids have played for several club teams in the area and Chelsea has been great for my young daughter. There's always drama in every club organization and we all know that. I can name issues with 4 club organizations just in North Orange County. JUSA does have one of the biggest pool of kids playing recreational and signature soccer in the Orange County area so it's just a matter for them to get more club teams back.

I hope you guys fired the lady coach that took over 1yr ago. Fired more people to collect a bigger salary. Chelsea should of took care of Mike and kept him as doc. Now running a great YL Pats. Goodluck Chelsea

I hope you guys fired the lady coach that took over 1yr ago. Fired more people to collect a bigger salary. Chelsea should of took care of Mike and kept him as doc. Now running a great YL Pats. Goodluck Chelsea
Seems like you and Frank the Tank know some history of Chelsea and Mike from Pats? Any reason why they are both mainly tier 3 teams or bronze level What type of coaching staff did they normally have? Is there any youtube videos to support your claim?

Your lady at Chelsea thinks that because she was on the national team and pro player thinks she can DOC and cut salaries to benefit herself. Also play dumb and not pay coaches and then demand more out of them. With do respect. Why isn't she make Chelsea a tier 2 and tier 1 teams. You should be asking yourself that.

Your lady at Chelsea thinks that because she was on the national team and pro player thinks she can DOC and cut salaries to benefit herself. Also play dumb and not pay coaches and then demand more out of them. With do respect. Why isn't she make Chelsea a tier 2 and tier 1 teams. You should be asking yourself that.
That lady is now going to be an assistant for the girls Pats Academy team.

I want to say several years prior to the creation of ECNL, Chelsea was a formidable club with several formidable teams (wasn't it home to many top girls from the class of 17 that will be playing in college?). IMO, all of the clubs in the North OC are ok for younger ages but once the kids start approaching Jr. High, many will go to top programs (ECNL and now Academys) so as to continue their personal growth with the game and pursue dreams of playing in college.

Just because a club has a big club's name attached doesn't really mean anything other than trying to dupe people into thinking that they are someone special because the girls have to pay top dollar for uniforms that say Slammers, Surf, Pats or Legends. If your kid wants to play in college, the odds are better if they play on the A teams from Slammers, Surf or Legends (Pats if you have a boy). Playing for any satellite club really doesn't do much to increase one's odds of making the A team in Chino, Mission Viejo, Newport or SD--being better than the current starters does.

Now, if you have a kid that is going to attend a specific high school and they don't play for a top team, and they are realistic about goals for soccer, it might make sense for them to play, for example, Legends OC if they are going to attend Esperanza HS, because the DOC for Legends OC is also the coach at EHS. I wouldn't say that it would be too far fetched that the other coaches from Legends OC might have some type of connection to EHS. The same could be true of other schools too.

If I were Chelsea, I would do whatever possible to make a connection with YLHS otherwise I don't see Chelsea being much more than a glorified version of JUSA signature.
Esperanza coach is at Legends, YLHS coach is at Slammers, El Dorado coach is Strikers North, Canyon is Pats and OLU is Slammers. Any kids from Chelsea are bench players for Frost Soph and JV.

Chelsea doesn't even have an 04 or 03 team anymore. I guess the parents got smart

There is a real chicken or egg dilemma here.

It used to be that smaller clubs could develop a good team from the younger ages and win their way into the highest levels of competition. They could beat the "big clubs" and take their spots in Premier or National Cup competitions. The big clubs after losing their top competitive level spots to small clubs would then lose their best players to these smaller clubs who still wanted to play at the top level.

Well, the big clubs got tired of this happening and got together to change the system so this couldn't happen. This was all done under the guise of "player development" but low and behold the big clubs now don't have to worry about competing for players with those pesky small local clubs.

Now only the big clubs are invited to the highest levels of competition for teenagers, so of course they get all the players. Banging on small local clubs who don't have top teams at the older levels is senseless as the system denies them access. Once all the smaller clubs realized that going forward they would not be allowed to compete at the highest level the race was on to affiliate with the bigger clubs; thus we have 9 flavors of Pats, Slammers, Strikers etc... all of them promising access to the highest level.

Ask the question: do the DA and ENCL have the best players because they develop the best players at the u-littles? Or do they have the best players because their clubs are the only clubs allowed to compete at the highest level of youth soccer and thus the best players have to go there eventually?

Out of respect, probably should allow this thread to discuss Chelsea SC and their desire to look for coaches.

I live in North OC and both of my dd's played for JUSA for multiple seasons. When my younger dd got to club soccer age, we tried out for Chelsea. They were so unorganized then that we never heard back from them. You could say that Chelsea did not get back to me because they didn't think my dd was club soccer worthy. That may be true, but none of the other parents who had players attend this tryout were contacted after the tryout and I am talking about roughly 10-15 different sets of parents. Many of those players still play today, but for different clubs in So Cal.

JUSA has a tremendous amount of rec players, so if Chelsea had their act together, they might be a better option for those families. Over the years, other clubs have come into Chelsea's backyard and provided a great option for those parents.

Best of luck with your search Neil, but I think that ship has sailed.

You could say that Chelsea did not get back to me because they didn't think my dd was club soccer worthy. That may be true, but none of the other parents who had players attend this tryout were contacted after the tryout and I am talking about roughly 10-15 different sets of parents. Many of those players still play today, but for different clubs in So Cal.

Not sure how long ago you are talking about, but I remember my girl going to a tryout with a team, I believe Spongebob (username at the time) was the coach and this little team was a SE team going gold or maybe it was gold at the time. For some reason that team feel apart that evening with girls making moves to Slammers, Legends, Corona United and SC Blues to name a few, never heard from the team after that. Since then, I haven't seen anything close to the same quality though they did have another team that left a few years later, went to Legends and then Man U--that group made it to Premier.

I live in North OC and both of my dd's played for JUSA for multiple seasons. When my younger dd got to club soccer age, we tried out for Chelsea. They were so unorganized then that we never heard back from them. You could say that Chelsea did not get back to me because they didn't think my dd was club soccer worthy. That may be true, but none of the other parents who had players attend this tryout were contacted after the tryout and I am talking about roughly 10-15 different sets of parents. Many of those players still play today, but for different clubs in So Cal.

JUSA has a tremendous amount of rec players, so if Chelsea had their act together, they might be a better option for those families. Over the years, other clubs have come into Chelsea's backyard and provided a great option for those parents.

Best of luck with your search Neil, but I think that ship has sailed.

If this club handled everything right 15 years back with the JUSA Pool this could have been the Blues, SD Surf, Legends FC of the North OC region. Sadly poor direction, management sank this ship. Hopefully with a fresh start it may get better.

There is a real chicken or egg dilemma here.

It used to be that smaller clubs could develop a good team from the younger ages and win their way into the highest levels of competition. They could beat the "big clubs" and take their spots in Premier or National Cup competitions. The big clubs after losing their top competitive level spots to small clubs would then lose their best players to these smaller clubs who still wanted to play at the top level.

Well, the big clubs got tired of this happening and got together to change the system so this couldn't happen. This was all done under the guise of "player development" but low and behold the big clubs now don't have to worry about competing for players with those pesky small local clubs.

Now only the big clubs are invited to the highest levels of competition for teenagers, so of course they get all the players. Banging on small local clubs who don't have top teams at the older levels is senseless as the system denies them access. Once all the smaller clubs realized that going forward they would not be allowed to compete at the highest level the race was on to affiliate with the bigger clubs; thus we have 9 flavors of Pats, Slammers, Strikers etc... all of them promising access to the highest level.

Ask the question: do the DA and ENCL have the best players because they develop the best players at the u-littles? Or do they have the best players because their clubs are the only clubs allowed to compete at the highest level of youth soccer and thus the best players have to go there eventually?
Sorry there is only one flavor of Pats. All have access to the highest levels.

Back