Chances of playing in College

NG...don't get roped in...no need to explain to someone who has no credibility. Washington at #51 is pretty Damn good. UDub was one of my DD's choices, but at the end it came down to where she felt more comfortable. Great School your DD will love her experience...who knows, if she doesn't like it she can always transfer to a warmer school in Santa Barbara...lol.

Just for fun:
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public

Aside from all of the usual b.s. some spout here to support their choices, these lists are probably not the best tool to judge a school.

Making assumptions of whether I have a daughter and whether she is committed just further confirms that you are an ass. It is great that you spoke with an Ivy league coach but get back to me when your daughter has more than 5 days of college experience.
Numbnuts, my DD has been there for 5 weeks and NOT 5 days. They have a freshmen summer school program for the student athletes acclimate and get a glimpse of being a college student by taking 2 GE classes.

Even when I went to a PAC-1o school 30 years ago they had great benefits for athletes as you mention. I am not doubting that part. I am just saying that in our families recent experience, the Ivies have been more understanding of conflicts with school due to the pressure many athletic departments have to get wins.

That's good I hear you on that if you are talking about a large D1 vs a smaller one. I think though at the end of the day- and this may be a huge assumption so correct me if this hasn't been your experience- that an Ivy would not be sympathetic to an athletes plight unless they were in "specific classes".
I honestly don't know anymore. People got signed to Stanford this year with low GPA and scores so what I once thought could be outdated

It's not just the Ivies that make accommodations idiot. You just don't listen do you?
You are the idiot. I never said other schools do not make accommodations. I only said that our families experience with the Ivies it that they have been BETTER at making accommodations. You are so full of hate, you have absolutely no objectivity.

That's why I am very interested in his reply because maybe I am running with the wrong crowd but I hear the opposite. I hear that UCLA and company for example teach the players how to cook, train etc. they have a very inclusive player program.
I hear the Ivies are opposite.
Again not saying my affliliation but know for example one highly rated program that had a great 2017 makes zero accommodations for soccer. Zero. It's not glamorous so you must love the game. It's absolutely hypocritical because for their top three men's sports there are MAJOR accommodations given - test dates, travel is plane vs a bus, tutors, live in special housing. For the soccer girls it's hey welcome to the team here is great swag now go take your 18 units and see you evey day at 4.

Please share which program this is.... that's good info

Cal is the ONLY school in the UC system that isn't solely a grad school that is on the semester system.
Wrong again jackass. You act like you know everything but you don't know jack. Cal is not the only UC on the semester system for undergrads.

Hey idiot maybe you didn't realize this but at big conference schools most have options so there isn't a situation where there is only ONE class that you can possibly take ALL year. Stop with the hypothetical bull $hit. You are talking out of your ass because you are butt hurt.
Wrong again jackass. Look at any college's upper division classes. Not every class is offered every semester/quarter.

That's good I hear you on that if you are talking about a large D1 vs a smaller one. I think though at the end of the day- and this may be a huge assumption so correct me if this hasn't been your experience- that an Ivy would not be sympathetic to an athletes plight unless they were in "specific classes".
I honestly don't know anymore. People got signed to Stanford this year with low GPA and scores so what I once thought could be outdated
Of course it depends on the sport, mens v. womens, where the player fits into the team's hierarchy, and the coach. I would suggest to be honest with your goals before committing to any school to make sure your goals align with coach and you should be just fine. What a lot of people overlook it that many coaches are looking for the next best thing. So wins are very important to them and thus they may not be so accommodating if their star player misses games.

Another view is, not everyone needs or wants to be in the stem field. Believe it or not we need additional people in other professions. So although it's good to try and check what majors the soccer team has, STEM isn't the be all end all.

And to the person upthread who said that anything liberal arts or non-science was easy, you sound crazy.

Wrong again jackass. Look at any college's upper division classes. Not every class is offered every semester/quarter.
You need to look at yourself in the mirror. You're the heated one and posting jackass. We have your goat!

Of course it depends on the sport, mens v. womens, where the player fits into the team's hierarchy, and the coach. I would suggest to be honest with your goals before committing to any school to make sure your goals align with coach and you should be just fine. What a lot of people overlook it that many coaches are looking for the next best thing. So wins are very important to them and thus they may not be so accommodating if their star player misses games.
Numbnuts, all college coaches care about the W's. It's how they renew their contract, fired or are forced to resign.

Since, you are worried about your DD missing upper division cadavar dissecting class. I highly suggest, she commits to a school where she isn't the star player. Best if she is a preferred walk-on! Geez all you had to do was follow your own advice, problem solved....sheesh!

Wrong again jackass. You act like you know everything but you don't know jack. Cal is not the only UC on the semester system for undergrads.

If you are talking about Merced then you got me. I'm not even sure if they play soccer. You are still a poser turd who is butt hurt about something and spends a ton of time making shit up.

You are the idiot. I never said other schools do not make accommodations. I only said that our families experience with the Ivies it that they have been BETTER at making accommodations. You are so full of hate, you have absolutely no objectivity.

Full of hate? Stop reflecting your feelings back on me Trump. If your family has had experience with an Ivy it isn't in soccer so stop trying to draw comparisons. No two sports are alike you idiot. Whatever sport your other kid played you are in a different arena now.

It is so clear that you have no clue. Keep focusing on the minutiae..,

Of course they are- you have to earn it every year. I was just asking about the Ivies because the kids I have known who went or are going and just started are enjoying the moment but they have to be in love with the game because it's not like being a player at UCLA for example where they have cooking classes etc.
What I am saying in a round about way is that they are playing soccer and then having a higher workload academically. I am extremely curious to watch LR this season Princeton committ as she was a fanstastic student and player. I am also curious to watch LH at Gtown because again know the family and she's a bright gal. I want to see how they progress and the feedback we get.
My neighbors boy committed to Colombia last year for football- a local stud. Went out, started the season and then realized they played at 0500 on a cold field or in a gym and quit. My other side had a local stud volleyball player committ to Bucknell and came home in Jan too because of being bored in the middle of nowhere. Now both are at USC and happy as can be so it goes to show you some of these kids aren't ready to leave Cali! The parents are happy he kids are happy but sick that so much time and money was wasted - they knew they were not "good enough" to be athletes at USC but at the time he kids wanted to play.

The college major should be the number be reason for choosing a college. Soccer should not be the first reason for picking a school. The education will be more important in the long run than soccer.
What "people" are you referring to?

That's why I am very interested in his reply because maybe I am running with the wrong crowd but I hear the opposite. I hear that UCLA and company for example teach the players how to cook, train etc. they have a very inclusive player program.
I hear the Ivies are opposite.
Again not saying my affliliation but know for example one highly rated program that had a great 2017 makes zero accommodations for soccer. Zero. It's not glamorous so you must love the game. It's absolutely hypocritical because for their top three men's sports there are MAJOR accommodations given - test dates, travel is plane vs a bus, tutors, live in special housing. For the soccer girls it's hey welcome to the team here is great swag now go take your 18 units and see you evey day at 4.

Please do tell. What highly rated program makes zero accommodations for female soccer players. We all need to know.

Lamb chop you seem so angry this morning. If you think I am outing a nice girl who barely passed high school you are incorrect!
As far as zero accommodations I believe that a swag bag and gear doesn't count. They are not given any extra help more so than other people on their same campus.
Want to be snarky? You picked the wrong horse to do that with as I have a lot of experience with this.

Lamb chop you seem so angry this morning. If you think I am outing a nice girl who barely passed high school you are incorrect!
As far as zero accommodations I believe that a swag bag and gear doesn't count. They are not given any extra help more so than other people on their same campus.
Want to be snarky? You picked the wrong horse to do that with as I have a lot of experience with this.
not to be snarky, and I certainly don't want you to out a young lady, but I was EXTREMELY interested in knowing which school does not make any accommodations for the women soccer players. thats a major thing. because even though its a non revenue sport, the ladies still have to travel and miss classes. a school that made no allowances for that would be something to know about.

Back