CAS Girls 2008 Rankings

Early rankings for CalSouth Girl's 2008 teams based on the top flight of Flight 1 tournaments (Legends, Cerritos, Manchester City, Rebels Cup, EGSL Spring League, PSSLU Spring League), will begin to add flight 2 tournaments and lower level flights over next month. The methodology uses a "best fit" algorithm that takes as input scores from all tournaments and league play to then come up with a "strength" number (SRS) for each team. The difference in SRS tells you how many more goals better one team is than another. I also included a column with the team's final ranking after state cup based on last season's results.

613rankings.png

Early rankings for CalSouth Girl's 2008 teams based on the top flight of Flight 1 tournaments (Legends, Cerritos, Manchester City, Rebels Cup, EGSL Spring League, PSSLU Spring League), will begin to add flight 2 tournaments and lower level flights over next month. The methodology uses a "best fit" algorithm that takes as input scores from all tournaments and league play to then come up with a "strength" number (SRS) for each team. The difference in SRS tells you how many more goals better one team is than another. I also included a column with the team's final ranking after state cup based on last season's results.

View attachment 1047
Good stuff

Do you only do rankings for 08?
I also have an '09 (she played up last year with her '08 sister so it was fun to see the difference between their teams) and an '05. I gave the spreadsheet to an '09 dad last year and will reach out to him if he is planning to track the '09s this year. If not I can start an '09 spreadsheet.

I also have an '09 (she played up last year with her '08 sister so it was fun to see the difference between their teams) and an '05. I gave the spreadsheet to an '09 dad last year and will reach out to him if he is planning to track the '09s this year. If not I can start an '09 spreadsheet.
Awesome work

Top 25 Girls 2008 Rankings following Albion Cup and Copa Del Mar. Blues remain in the top spot with a 4-1 final win over Slammers in the Albion Cup Final. Game was much closer than the score, Slammers hit the crossbar and post twice, controlling most of the posession. Congratulations to the Blues who remain the last undefeated team, can they run through the Surf Cup in a few weeks time?

717rankings.png

After a few tourneys, top teams still look strong after Surf Cup and don't expect any movements. LAGSD should move up after going thru competition at the Carlsbad Cup.
La Jolla Impact should be considered in top 25 while Rebels should probably move out of top 25 after another not so good showing.

Reactions: Q10
Top 25 Girls 2008 Rankings following Albion Cup and Copa Del Mar. Blues remain in the top spot with a 4-1 final win over Slammers in the Albion Cup Final. Game was much closer than the score, Slammers hit the crossbar and post twice, controlling most of the posession. Congratulations to the Blues who remain the last undefeated team, can they run through the Surf Cup in a few weeks time?

View attachment 1209

Would love to see the latest rankings after a month incl. Surf Cup and West Coast if you have time! Btw, does the algorithm pull all tournaments/matches or only certain ones? For example, results from Pegasus Cup, other tournaments don't seem to be showing, etc...

Updated Top 25 rankings post Surf Cup and West Coast. The results do not include any Flight 2 brackets or tournaments to date ( I did add Pegasus Cup), I hope to add all flight 2 games played to date ahead of Blues Cup for a comprehensive rankings ahead of league. I have also set the minimum games to >3 to make the rankings.
0817.jpg

Updated Top 25 rankings post Surf Cup and West Coast. The results do not include any Flight 2 brackets or tournaments to date ( I did add Pegasus Cup), I hope to add all flight 2 games played to date ahead of Blues Cup for a comprehensive rankings ahead of league. I have also set the minimum games to >3 to make the rankings.
View attachment 1303
Rankings for the U littles?? 2008

View attachment 1303

Thanks! Will be interesting to see post Blues Cup if there's any movement...

Back