CalSouth National Cup Question (use of ECNL players)

To be fair, for those girls on the bench err, roster from the original emballtled team, it was indeed a major accomplishment.

To be fair, for those girls on the bench err, roster from the original emballtled team, it was indeed a major accomplishment.
Well, at least the girls look pretty happy about it, that is the important thing.
Maybe it bothers us parents more than it bothers the kids? I have found that true many times, making a big deal out of something she couldn't give a shit about.
Something to ponder anyway.

Coach Brown said. “For them to go from having a struggling season to now winning a Cal South State Cup is huge."

Very amusing how Calsouth edited what he said to promote themselves. He said "state cup" not "calsouth state cup".

The reason for the turnaround, well that's been revealed here.

Big club ethos: if a team is not doing well, replace the players.

So where is that team advancing to?
  • Champions in the 2004/13U-2000/17U age groups will represent Cal South in the 2017 US Youth Soccer Region IV Presidents Cup Regionals in Salt Lake City, Utah, June 13-19, 2017.
  • Winners of the Regionals in the 2004/13U-2000/17U age groups will advance to the 2017 US Youth Soccer National Presidents Cup Championships in Auburndale, Florida, July 12-16, 2017.

Well, at least the girls look pretty happy about it, that is the important thing.
Maybe it bothers us parents more than it bothers the kids? I have found that true many times, making a big deal out of something she couldn't give a shit about.
Something to ponder anyway.
Of course they look happy they just won Presidents Cup. The majority of the girls in the picture are 03 ECNL players you really think they are going to look sad thinking oh we should have been playing in National Cup we are ECNL players playing against tier 2 teams how embarassing. WaWa no they just won state cup, built their confidence up by scoring goals and dominating. Of course their happy. Their parents can post on Facebook and boast about this huge achievement about their daughter that they they just won state cup. And of course people that see their Facebook posts have no clue about the different tiers and think WOW what a stud- their kid just won State Cup and scored this many goals. Pathetic. Why don't you ask the tier 2 girls they did not choose to play up in National Cup for better competition they played in Presidents Cup to be competitive against other tier 2 teams.

Of course they look happy they just won Presidents Cup. The majority of the girls in the picture are 03 ECNL players you really think they are going to look sad thinking oh we should have been playing in National Cup we are ECNL players playing against tier 2 teams how embarassing. WaWa no they just won state cup, built their confidence up by scoring goals and dominating. Of course their happy. Their parents can post on Facebook and boast about this huge achievement about their daughter that they they just won state cup. And of course people that see their Facebook posts have no clue about the different tiers and think WOW what a stud- their kid just won State Cup and scored this many goals. Pathetic. Why don't you ask the tier 2 girls they did not choose to play up in National Cup for better competition they played in Presidents Cup to be competitive against other tier 2 teams.
Maybe, maybe, I believe you have had too much coffee today, is your kid one of the tier 2 kids that was so upset? Or are you the upset one?

Of course they look happy they just won Presidents Cup. The majority of the girls in the picture are 03 ECNL players you really think they are going to look sad thinking oh we should have been playing in National Cup we are ECNL players playing against tier 2 teams how embarassing.
My daughter would have.
I have no kid involved, but it sounds like you do and you didn't read past the first line of my post.

I am not saying it was right at all, I just said it probably doesn't bother the kids as much as us.
Good Luck.
03 players are old enough to know how to spot ecnl players "patches" and believe u / me, it bothers them just as much as it bothers most parents. It is too bad that this has happened, but it probably won't be the last time it happens. Until there are stricter rules enforced in State Cup on teams, this will continue to happen.

03 players are old enough to know how to spot ecnl players "patches" and believe u / me, it bothers them just as much as it bothers most parents. It is too bad that this has happened, but it probably won't be the last time it happens. Until there are stricter rules enforced in State Cup on teams, this will continue to happen.
Cal south is getting plenty of shit about this I imagine, you could see a change soon.

Ok, here's some soccer talk. Did I miss something here? Did Arsenal go Academy? I guess we can tack on anything we want to a team name but come on now. How about "Arsenal 02 PRE-WNT"?
https://events.gotsport.com/events/...798&FieldID=0&applicationID=3872724&action=Go

No, (and with all respect) they were simply called that even before they were U14 ECNLers, it just represented that that specific team was the top players at the age level for the club. It's like adding elite, premier, or a color to the end of their name.

Back