CalSouth National Cup Question (use of ECNL players)

Also Those Arsenal 04 girls have been playing on that CRL Team for the whole season

And it was National Cup. Fair game for sure. Absolutely no issues with that. I would expect to see ECNL players at National Cup. Not being sarcastic at all on this one. (unlike the 03's in Presidents Cup) Go Arsenal 04's. I am cheering that group of girls on.

Maybe Yes! Thanks and right on - I see no issues or ethical questions with this team - Surf is the juggernaught and the favorite for sure - it will be a fun match

Thanks again

[QUOTE Well I am black so please stay in your lane. Just because your spouse is doesnt qualify you. And you might coach some blacks. But your not so please, i dont want any issues on here with you or anyone else.It was a joke leave it at that,

You have no idea who I am or what color I am so don't be so sure that I am not in my lane. You being black should be able to understand the struggle that continues to go on today. Many praise MLK not as many understand what Malcom X stood for and his part in the struggle that continues to this day. The coach that you are referring to is an opportunist. I can leave this at it being a bad joke.

Good luck to your player.

You have no idea who I am or what color I am so don't be so sure that I am not in my lane. You being black should be able to understand the struggle that continues to go on today. Many praise MLK not as many understand what Malcom X stood for and his part in the struggle that continues to this day. The coach that you are referring to is an opportunist. I can leave this at it being a bad joke.

Good luck to your player.
Black supremest, separatist, felon and a racist, I think I have him figured out.

"Can't we just get along" - What happen to soccer talk, you guys are bumming me out man !

I think there are probably many other blogs that you can vehemently discuss Malcom X and the Impact that he has had on Girls Youth Soccer ... but I think it might be on another obscure thread somewhere in the Alt Universe . . .my 2 Cents

"Can't we just get along" - What happen to soccer talk, you guys are bumming me out man !

I think there are probably many other blogs that you can vehemently discuss Malcom X and the Impact that he has had on Girls Youth Soccer ... but I think it might be on another obscure thread somewhere in the Alt Universe . . .my 2 Cents
Belongs in the "Off Topic" thread.

Ok, here's some soccer talk. Did I miss something here? Did Arsenal go Academy? I guess we can tack on anything we want to a team name but come on now. How about "Arsenal 02 PRE-WNT"?
https://events.gotsport.com/events/...798&FieldID=0&applicationID=3872724&action=Go
A stacked team for sure. When did Arsenal make it into USYS National league? This is the team that I noticed had a player listed (maybe others) on another Non-ECNL roster in another age group.

Kickinit22 ... laying the Drop kick ... Kapow! ... Look Amigo no one is trying to be a Bad Ass. . . funny, entertaining yes!

I'm just calling it out from the other side, Everyone wants to beat up Arsenal sometimes fair and some times not, and so. . .I thought this board needed a counter to all of the hateraid that was being delivered through the firehouse of losses and discontent.

Now, I am not Apologizing for RB . . . There are definite deficiencies as a coach, just as with many other coaches, but there are also upsides as you attest. Players do develop and come out stronger than other teams for sure. And who knows maybe one day we might be playing in other colors ... as my first loyalty and interest is my DD and if that is Arsenal Great, and if not that's Great too ... because we all have choices.

This is a marathon for us, where parents, players need different development strategies depending on their DD's skill level, mental toughness and maturity. The one thing my DD's will never do is apologize for Winning and Winning the right way.

The Ethical question that so many of you have on the use of ECNL players or not, should not be directed at just one club, but rather it is question for Cal South. All RB did was play within the Rules provided, Added ECNL players to fill up his EGSL roster and played ball.

And that is my point to all of this ... Don't get mad at the player, Get mad at the Game - - - Translation - - - Don't get mad that RB played within the rules of the Presidents cup, Get Mad at the Rules of presidents Cup. . .thats it . . . simple! . . .Good Night!

There has been a lot of RB bashing. I saw most of last weekend's games - quarters and semis. Saw numerous powerhouse club coaches also taking in the games. I hadn't seen Arsenal since they lost in PKs to MVLA in Surf Cup. Honestly I thought they out played MVLA and they too missed a penalty kick late or they would have won that match. Half the battle of youth girls soccer is getting players that are fierce, motivated and determined. Arsenal has done that. Honestly I thought Arsenal was less technical than the West Coast and Strikers. Strikers two big defenders and younger mids held their own and were more technically sound than the Arsenal squad. Technical does not win games but helps in developing players. On the negative side I did see many Arsenal players have trouble collecting a ball correctly. But with shier determination, athleticism, size and speed they were able to play to their strengths - which heavily outweighed the deficiencies. In the Arsenal and WC match up - this was the ultimate polars of how to play soccer. Maybe as a reach I would categorize Arsensal as an "AFC North" football team (physical/pounding attack style) to the run and shoot, old school position soccer for WC. I think most trainers would want to emulate the WC formula. RB is playing by the rules and has his style/system of play at full throttle and could be a severe issue for Surf. If these ENCL players that played their age this weekend decide to go to Legends for DA that is going to be a lethal combination of technical and athleticism. I would pencil them number one in the age group for next season and Surf right there. For this weekend's match up I think the key piece is the refs. If the refs let them bang and play hard I think Arsenal has a great shot at winning. If you get the refs that call everything/ticky-tack calls then I think this is in favor of Surf. If you saw USC/ college soccer in general big and athletic won many games. I know Arsenal will say that they too can play a technical style of game but their strength lies with their speed, size and power. Really this is a microcosm of many sports in today's world. Good luck to both squads. I'll pick Arsenal in a so called upset.

Next season I would say Slammers with their adds for DA, Legends with their transfers in Blues and Arsenal and then Surf.

That kick and go style will only take you so far. Disappointing that people still think that is considered development. But then again some only care about the short term.

Rev234 what is kickball or kick and go? No joke
There was a good discussion on the old boards about this. Analyzing what is "kickball" versus "direct".

I've seen plenty of teams where kids pick their head up, look to bypass lines and play attacking players into space "direct". It's efficient and thought out, as opposed to just crushing the ball up field with no idea about positioning of teammates and defenders and relying on inability of defenders to play under pressure or an attacking player who can make something out of nothing and win a ball that probably wasn't anywhere near where she was at or going to but athleticism is superior and wins out.

Let the discussion begin...

Back