Cal south release date

I’m hoping someone here with lots of Soccer savvy may be able to answer this question.

The cup tie date for state/national cup for my sons age group is next week on December 14. If I know that we don’t want to continue on the team he played of for fall and is currently registered on, can I release him without transferring him to a new team? We haven’t decided on a new team yet.

From my understanding, as long as he is not registered to the current team on the cup tie date, then he can register to a new team before the roster freeze.

Thanks!

I’m hoping someone here with lots of Soccer savvy may be able to answer this question.

The cup tie date for state/national cup for my sons age group is next week on December 14. If I know that we don’t want to continue on the team he played of for fall and is currently registered on, can I release him without transferring him to a new team? We haven’t decided on a new team yet.

From my understanding, as long as he is not registered to the current team on the cup tie date, then he can register to a new team before the roster freeze.

Thanks!
You are correct. From cal south perspective. I think sxdsl has some scdsl to scdsl transfer rules.

Thanks!

You need to immediately send written correspondence to your coach, team manager, club registrar and DOC that your kid has no intention of continuing with the team AND instructing them to remove your player from the State Cup roster. In all likelihood your player is sitting on the submitted roster. You need to be polite and professional and clear ... DO NOT express any issues beyond "... after evaluating the team/club over the season we don't believe its a good fit and wish you all the best of luck." If you need to appeal because the club is playing games then you want to be on the higher moral ground.

The reason for this is the roster was likely already submitted and simply asking for the release may not be adequate if you need to appeal. If you need to appeal and you have written notice of (1) leaving the club/team prior to the cup tied date; and (2) instructions to remove and/or not include on the State Cup roster, your chances of having your appeal approved goes from 20% to 90%. That is STEP 1.

If you already have a club identified, then let that Club initiate the transfer and request they submit today.
If you don't, then begin the release process per the Cal South - Affinity system today, just know that there maybe a few hiccups that are all solvable.

You need to immediately send written correspondence to your coach, team manager, club registrar and DOC that your kid has no intention of continuing with the team AND instructing them to remove your player from the State Cup roster. In all likelihood your player is sitting on the submitted roster. You need to be polite and professional and clear ... DO NOT express any issues beyond "... after evaluating the team/club over the season we don't believe its a good fit and wish you all the best of luck." If you need to appeal because the club is playing games then you want to be on the higher moral ground.

The reason for this is the roster was likely already submitted and simply asking for the release may not be adequate if you need to appeal. If you need to appeal and you have written notice of (1) leaving the club/team prior to the cup tied date; and (2) instructions to remove and/or not include on the State Cup roster, your chances of having your appeal approved goes from 20% to 90%. That is STEP 1.

If you already have a club identified, then let that Club initiate the transfer and request they submit today.
If you don't, then begin the release process per the Cal South - Affinity system today, just know that there maybe a few hiccups that are all solvable.
Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I only did this verbally and I don’t anticipate issues but I will go ahead and send something written as well to be safe.

Back