BOYS ECNL NEW MEMBERS (3/20)

~10% of Sounders DA are from out of state, but many of the top Sounders DA kids come from that 10%.

Just a reminder that the subject is BOYS ECNL, and not girls. It is very, very different. The ECNL on the girls side became similar to boys DA because there was no girls DA then. Perhaps your experience in the girls side is not allowing you to recognize just how different boys side is.

I have boys playing and one of them played DA in the last two years of age groups. Its not a debate on the boys side. Its just a fact and it is what it is.

As for playing a championship between the two, I would argue that there are strong teams in SCDSL, CSL and ECNL. That's not the point.

The point is its USSF that runs DA and its USSF that picks the national team, not ECNL or US Club Soccer (who is sanction by USSF, like USY Soccer is). For the boys youth national team selection, vast majority come from DA teams and not from ECNL or other (not to say that there isn't handful from here and there). The whole purpose of DA is to find youth players for the national team pool.
I know boys vs girls is definitely different - the conversation was confusing because I didn’t think LA Premier had boys DA, only ECNL - but maybe that has changed

I know boys vs girls is definitely different - the conversation was confusing because I didn’t think LA Premier had boys DA, only ECNL - but maybe that has changed
Have no idea what LA Premier is doing or how they enter this conversation if they don't have both. I was simply replying to the general subject of having ECNL in addition to DA mean clubs on the boys side.

One of the post said FCSG DA DP/Bench players will play ECNL and that makes lot of sense to give them more playing time.

Next year, Premier will have boys ECNL for 07, 06 and 05 and DA for 07 and 06. And my understanding matches @Zvezdas - the ECNLs will be "b" teams to the DA (except in 05 where there is no DA). There's lots of talk of movement between the two using the developmental program, but that remains to be seen.

Back