• LA Premier (CA)
  • Legends (CA)
  • Players Soccer Club (NV)
  • Sereno (AZ)
  • Slammers (CA)
  • Tucson Soccer Academy (AZ)
  • West Coast FC (CA)
Horrible.

I count 6 California teams, 4 Nevada teams, and 2 AZ teams. There's gonna be more travel in boys ECNL than there is in academy to go up against worse competition.

The only academy level 03 team on that list is the CDA Slammers.

I bet when kids and parents see the travel and costs involved for boys ECNL, they are going to balk, and run to the academy teams.

@dreamz you have a way with cutting through the .....

ECNL has been good for my DD but I really don't get why for the boys there are two separate leagues....DA clubs gets to stay local with NPL (8 teams) but the ECNL SW conf is a puzzler. Would have better severed just to have one league IMO. The high cost of running that long of a program + travel makes this more of the same...pay to play...for a limited audience they way thing are separated.

Just when you think you have it all figured out they add another league to the mix.

CSL, SDCSL, DA, EGSL, ECNL, NPL, CRL, ABC, IDK.....just another way to make money.

Couldn't they come up with better name for the program/league. My daughters chuckle when they hear boys will be in ECNL, after all, the ENCL logo feature a female player.

Couldn't they come up with better name for the program/league. My daughters chuckle when they hear boys will be in ECNL, after all, the ENCL logo feature a female player.
No big deal. I, for example, am a butch lesbian trapped in a man's body.

But seriously, with all the other issues boys ECNL has, I don't think anyone will care about the logo.

But honestly, how does a club like Sharks et al. move forward with selling this program? How to tell parents oh ya, now your league is in Arizona? More money please?

Not sure if I'm happy seeing our club in that list...o_O

Don't know what age or club but most of the SC clubs listed didn't field teams in the top half of league play this past year so unless this helps them recruit or improve going to be the most travel extensive and expensive b league around with no usys/CA nt/st cup play.

My understanding is that clubs will play in this league in addition to "normal" league play, kinda like they do with CRL now??

But honestly, how does a club like Sharks et al. move forward with selling this program? How to tell parents oh ya, now your league is in Arizona? More money please?
My understanding is the 2 "extra" AZ teams and the NV teams were thrown in at the last minute after everyone was committed to doing it. They are supposedly going to split the conference in to 2 groups but that was just what ECNL told them. What these clubs don't realize is that doesn't work. ECNL tried it in the SoCal Conference when NV and AZ moved from the CO conference and it couldn't be done. Not enough games. If you have 12 clubs split in to 2 groups of 6 that's only 10 games from fall-spring. So either way, your travel to AZ and NV because you have to cross-play on to the other side of the bracket which makes no sense either because it doesn't eliminate the travel that they were trying to avoid by splitting the group to begin with. To get the 22 game schedule they have to do what the girls do, 10-11 games in the fall and 10-11 games in the spring. They will throw in a couple of showcases, I think one is already being mentioned on the East Coast somewhere and these showcases will be mandatory.
The other thing to remember is boys are not recruited as early as girls so having all of these age groups play in a fall/spring league + showcases + playoffs really provides no advantage accept in the 2 oldest age groups on the boys side.
Also, boys teams don't pay to play or travel like the girls teams do. Selling this type of travel to these types of teams is a hard sell. No benefit to it. Oh and the other good news to Boys ECNL is no National Cup for them because they aren't in a Cal South sanctioned league. The winners get the honor of traveling to nowhere, USA to play in the US Club ENPL playoffs. Hold your breath for that exciting bit of news as to where that is going to be.
For the boys clubs that don't have DA I guess they felt they had to do something but this is going to be a hard "something" to do with nothing to gain and a lot of $$ to be spent along the way.
Be wise. Spend wisely. Ask questions. You are going to be asked to commit early and a schedule won't be out until August after it's too late to opt out.
This won't be the road to Oz for these teams.

Here's what's been shared:
16 game season. The six SoCal teams will play each other twice (home and away) and will play the teams from AZ and NV once (home or away).
Regular season split into two halves to allow for the December break followed by high school soccer.
First showcase in January '18 will be skipped due to HS soccer, following showcase is rumored to be local to SoCal.
Playoffs in June with the other NPL leagues. Regional first then moving to national.
There's talk about adding in 2005s / U13.

16 game season. The six SoCal teams will play each other twice (home and away) and will play the teams from AZ and NV once (home or away).
Regular season split into two halves to allow for the December break followed by high school soccer.
First showcase in January '18 will be skipped due to HS soccer, following showcase is rumored to be local to SoCal.
Playoffs in June with the other NPL leagues. Regional first then moving to national.

What are the benefits of this new league again?

Didn't those clubs already have leagues, playoffs,showcase CRL, St/Nt cups and tournments. NPL is spring so could do that after HS?

16 games over 5-6 months so just like the girls ECNL is half of what DA plays so harder to see how such a difference is a benefit? Or compared to what these teams are used to playing?

Don't those clubs already play each other in league's, playoffs,showcase CRL, St/Nt cups and tournments. NPL is spring so could do that after HS?

16 games over 5-6 months so just like the girls ECNL is half of what DA plays so harder to see how such a difference is a benefit? Or compared to what these teams are used to playing?

Didn't those clubs already have leagues, playoffs,showcase CRL, St/Nt cups and tournments. NPL is spring so could do that after HS?

A 16-game season? That's 8 games in the fall and 8 games in the spring + a showcase with 3 games. So a 19-game season for boys in these age groups? Maybe 24 games for those that go to finals? That's not enough and the 24 games is for the two teams that make it to the finals (not guaranteed to come from SoCal). They are giving up 2-4 league games in the fall for an 8 game fall season AND SoCal teams giving up National Cup for NPL playoffs? They will hate it and only a few of the teams will make playoffs while the others stay home and twiddle their thumbs and wonder what do to with their time. Competitive boys teams won't like this model after a year. Showcase in SoCal? Where and when? I can think of 2 venues that could host a showcase and both are booked fall and spring.

Back