Blues Cup

Blues Draluck beating up on Encinitas Express in the quarter finals. 6-0 at half. Would be nice if a few of the Blues parents would take it down a notch when their team scores.
Express is decent but Blues are playing at a very high level right now.

@stork71 When you go from an A team to a B team it's what some clubs are starting to do to keep the families. A "development player" in this case were two that have been on A Teams for some time but then moved to a B team.
As long as they get to train and play at the games that seems like a great deal to me!!

@stork71 When you go from an A team to a B team it's what some clubs are starting to do to keep the families. A "development player" in this case were two that have been on A Teams for some time but then moved to a B team.
As long as they get to train and play at the games that seems like a great deal to me!!

@ESPNANALYST I agree that any and all types of development at any age is fantastic. The intent of my posts was to keep this board honest by pointing out that Surf, like all teams this weekend, were out to win using their best players, not subs or “B” team players.

@ESPNANALYST I agree that any and all types of development at any age is fantastic. The intent of my posts was to keep this board honest by pointing out that Surf, like all teams this weekend, were out to win using their best players, not subs or “B” team players.
Post the roster and we'll see who's there. Easy peasy.

@stork71 Agree and not being contentious. I think if we are to be honest this escalated because of offense to someone implicating bench players were used and that's why a score was a tie and not a win for a game? If I read that correctly?
@Sped In reality Surfs "bench" is better than most people's team so I do think that's a moot point because they are in no way shape or form B team players. No children's names should ever be published on any forum.
The 05 group is so talented across the board.

The final was pretty good. The game was similar to the one both teams played earlier in Legends, which Blues won on pks. In the first 10 minutes Blues were the more dominating team, Beach bent but did not break. From that point on it was back and forth. At times, and depending on how much the other team was able to press, either team was able to connect passes pretty well; both were also able to counter and defend well. Although the final score was 2-0, it could have gone either way. Both goals were in the second half: the first one was a shot from inside the box that either was deflected by a defender or the forward (in this case the "stud" of this team) missed the ball a bit, it went very high, drop and became impossible to save; the second was a remarkable play that included a strong run, several dribbles and faints, and a shot with the left foot near the post. Blues is a very big and physical team (all the players are also either good or great ballers), and Beach is not far behind physically which makes this a good and intense match up. Both teams have a handful (actually more) of players that are exceptional physically and technically, and if the opposite team is not able to match them physically (I do not mean hacking, but running and intensity) their scores will balloon fast. From what I have watched this year (I have not seen Strikers, Eagles and Blues Kale play, and of course many others), these two teams together with LAGSB and SD Surf play at a very high level.

It has been a long day in the sun and we have an early start at the fields tomorrow. You stated that you were “told that Surf was playing their "development" players from their B team and rotating the whole bench”. What I said is that they were in fact using their “A” team and no players from their “B” team were rostered this weekend at Blues Cup. Not sure where the confusion is?
Yes, looked like their "regular" players for sure. When people say it was their 'B' team players, it disrespects the teams that tied/beat them. Surf has a great team, so those who tie or beat them should be allowed their moment of pride. It takes nothing away from Surf if they get beat occasionally, so no need to make excuses.

Yes, looked like their "regular" players for sure. When people say it was their 'B' team players, it disrespects the teams that tied/beat them. Surf has a great team, so those who tie or beat them should be allowed their moment of pride. It takes nothing away from Surf if they get beat occasionally, so no need to make excuses.
Well stated, Real Deal. Kudos to Stork71 for putting the facts out there. TCD, I gotta say it, you are getting way too many meals out of the "Rumors" bait bucket.

I think some grown ups on this forum have way too much ego involved in their 11 year old's soccer status. By your logic I should be the last person to point out what Surf did this tourney as my DD's team lost to Surf. Fortunately, I don't attach my ego to my 11 year old's soccer ability and instead prefer to point out the positives on any team.
Well I am sorry, but it sounds like my post may have bruised your ego. To clarify, I was pointing out that your posting about Surf playing subs is not very respectful of the 11 year old girls who played and beat Surf--not to me or any other parents.

I think some grown ups on this forum have way too much ego involved in their 11 year old's soccer status. By your logic I should be the last person to point out what Surf did this tourney as my DD's team lost to Surf. Fortunately, I don't attach my ego to my 11 year old's soccer ability and instead prefer to point out the positives on any team.
First, Stork71 is a game official with access to the actual rosters. In the absence of someone actually and factually challenging his assertions, I choose to deem him credible. Sped has suggested that Surf parents could shed light on the matter, and thus far, none have come forward. It may very well be that none of them consider their DD's to be "developmental" players. ESPNanalyst and Real Deal have made comments to similar effect. It's a reasonable suggestion that any coach would seek to give a little more playing time to his/her less talented charges in a situation that does not jeopardize the outcome of their team in the tournament.
Secondly, are you really serious about people worrying to much about this subject matter?? With 80 posts to your credit, and probably more before the calendar turns to tomorrow, you look like the clubhouse leader to me.
Thirdly, you have reverted to the previous collection of postings on this thread related to the Blues' roster for the Surf Cup. Sadly, you have chosen to hang on to the erroneous notion that guest players were employed. Your "source" is either sadly mistaken, or worse--read into this comment what you will.

The final was pretty good. The game was similar to the one both teams played earlier in Legends, which Blues won on pks. In the first 10 minutes Blues were the more dominating team, Beach bent but did not break. From that point on it was back and forth. At times, and depending on how much the other team was able to press, either team was able to connect passes pretty well; both were also able to counter and defend well. Although the final score was 2-0, it could have gone either way. Both goals were in the second half: the first one was a shot from inside the box that either was deflected by a defender or the forward (in this case the "stud" of this team) missed the ball a bit, it went very high, drop and became impossible to save; the second was a remarkable play that included a strong run, several dribbles and faints, and a shot with the left foot near the post. Blues is a very big and physical team (all the players are also either good or great ballers), and Beach is not far behind physically which makes this a good and intense match up. Both teams have a handful (actually more) of players that are exceptional physically and technically, and if the opposite team is not able to match them physically (I do not mean hacking, but running and intensity) their scores will balloon fast. From what I have watched this year (I have not seen Strikers, Eagles and Blues Kale play, and of course many others), these two teams together with LAGSB and SD Surf play at a very high level.

Beach had another stud out there who I hear is now officially playing for them. And the team as a whole looked pretty studly when we saw them.

Wow this really has you fired up! Think whatever you want - you clearly know everything - and your logic is flawless. According to you because I am the most frequent poster on this forum (lol) I am worrying too much about this subject matter. What was the subject matter again? Oh yeah, I gave a compliment to the Surf coach for giving playing time to his bench and development players. MY BAD.
Look TCD, it's all in good fun. But you are implying that other teams did not tie or beat Surf's team fair and square. Instead, it's just that Surf didn't care about this tournament, played subs and development players-- so that's why they didn't win. You are in effect, saying it's not that the other little girls brought it to beat them, but Surf just gave it away. I dunno-- We could hear the Surf coach screaming at the ref in the semis game they lost from all the way on another field. Sounded like he cared... just a little...

Anyway, enough already, if you don't get it, it's ok. Not meaning to attack you at all. Spread the love!

Look TCD, it's all in good fun. But you are implying that other teams did not tie or beat Surf's team fair and square. Instead, it's just that Surf didn't care about this tournament, played subs and development players-- so that's why they didn't win. You are in effect, saying it's not that the other little girls brought it to beat them, but Surf just gave it away. I dunno-- We could hear the Surf coach screaming at the ref in the semis game they lost from all the way on another field. Sounded like he cared... just a little...

Anyway, enough already, if you don't get it, it's ok. Not meaning to attack you at all. Spread the love!
LOL, I don't think TCD is implying anything like that at all. But if that's what you're taking away, go for it.

FWIW, playing subs and development players doesn't mean you don't care about winning. I'm not sure why you'd think the coach would care any less just because he may not have had his top girls in.

Back