Blues Cup

Good competition but not sure why my DD team (surf 2) was not accepted. Strange, they have performed well against several of the teams accepted.

Which team? Also doesn't group D look lite?
You took the words out of my mouth on both questions!
I agree D does look a little light and A looks a little heavy. Move Surf or Blues from A to D and it would even things out just a hair, but I'm sure all those teams in D are solid squads. I know SDSC Navy and Beach can both be considered right up there with the top teams.

Bummer on your DD's team Klutz. Would have been nice to see you and your daughter again. Goats was way too long ago now!!

You took the words out of my mouth on both questions!
I agree D does look a little light and A looks a little heavy. Move Surf or Blues from A to D and it would even things out just a hair, but I'm sure all those teams in D are solid squads. I know SDSC Navy and Beach can both be considered right up there with the top teams.

Bummer on your DD's team Klutz. Would have been nice to see you and your daughter again. Goats was way too long ago now!!

Beach that is in Bracket D is ranked 4th in SoCal.

The Blues in Bracket A is Kale-- the sister team-- while a strong one it is Blues Draluck team in Bracket B - which is the team who won Surf Cup. Beach's "B" team is also in bracket A. Maybe there is confusion?

I actually thought the brackets were some of the best and most fair and balanced I've seen in a long time in a tournament with a clear top two who should advance... but with room for upsets as well.

As to why teams were or weren't included, well, that's anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Beach that is in Bracket D is ranked 4th in SoCal.

The Blues in Bracket A is Kale-- the sister team-- while a strong one it is Blues Draluck team in Bracket B - which is the team who won Surf Cup. Beach's "B" team is also in bracket A. Maybe there is confusion?
There is no confusion and I agree it's one of the more balanced brackets I've seen. Draluck is actually in Bracket C.
I was just pointing out my opinion which has little if any base!!o_O
Kale lost in the final at Manchester which was 11v11 to force so that tells me they are right there with Dralucks team and this is why I felt Bracket A with both Kale and Surf was a bit stronger a bracket than D.
As far as rankings go, it will take at least 6 more months before the rankings reflect the teams that are currently playing since the age change. Most teams have only played 3 or 4 tournaments with their new group.
I am not discrediting Beach and I know that team is rock solid!
Should be a fun weekend with great compition for every team.

There is no confusion and I agree it's one of the more balanced brackets I've seen. Draluck is actually in Bracket C.
I was just pointing out my opinion which has little if any base!!o_O
Kale lost in the final at Manchester which was 11v11 to force so that tells me they are right there with Dralucks team and this is why I felt Bracket A with both Kale and Surf was a bit stronger a bracket than D.
As far as rankings go, it will take at least 6 more months before the rankings reflect the teams that are currently playing since the age change. Most teams have only played 3 or 4 tournaments with their new group.
I am not discrediting Beach and I know that team is rock solid!
Should be a fun weekend with great compition for every team.
If dralucks top player is there they win. Without her they are out. She is the key to that team. Has complete control over the game.

Are they really on the 05 team or just guest playing when they need a win? If they play and are rostered on the 04 team, don't keep saying the 05's are missing their best players when they're not really on that team.

Surf also has at least one 05 playing on the top 04 team. Nothing wrong with having girls play their age, but it certainly makes it a bit more hit and miss when guessing who's going to come out on top.

I'd also suggest that any single player would have more of an impact at 9 v 9 Surf Cup than at 11 v. 11 Blues Cup.

The 05 playing up for the 04 Surf Team doesn't ever (or at least hasn't yet) play with the 05 team.
understood and I expect she won't. I'd imagine a few other clubs have a girl or two playing up as well. While certainly within the rules to have them play 05, it shows a lack of faith in the 05 team they have in place to call girls down. Pick your teams, let them play.

I didn't state a fact. I asked a question.
which some would say is, in fact, checking your facts ;-)

Interesting that someone created an account just to call you out. Shame they didn't post "the facts" too.

which some would say is, in fact, checking your facts ;-)

Interesting that someone created an account just to call you out. Shame they didn't post "the facts" too.
Sped, TCD & MR. D,

Facts are that for the Surf Cup, Blues 05 Draluck used only the players that are registered/rostered to their own team. There were no "guests," either from any Blues team or otherwise.

Sped, TCD & MR. D,

Facts are that for the Surf Cup, Blues 05 Draluck used only the players that are registered/rostered to their own team. There were no "guests," either from any Blues team or otherwise.
sounds like the right way to do it. They crushed.

Quarter-Finals
Blues - Draluck vs. Express
Legends South vs. Beach FC - LB
Surf - EGSL vs. Eagles
Arsenal - SD vs. Heat FC - RM

Back