Blues Cup

I have to tip my hat to how respectful the parents were from Albion LV. Rarely do you see it. Today was a back and forth slug fest between two excellent teams. Today was perhaps the biggest battle I have seen so far at this age group. What an amazing contest! I’m sure we will see you again! Kudos!

I have to tip my hat to how respectful the parents were from Albion LV. Rarely do you see it. Today was a back and forth slug fest between two excellent teams. Today was perhaps the biggest battle I have seen so far at this age group. What an amazing contest! I’m sure we will see you again! Kudos!
The coach was very gracious after the game as well. He came over to my kid and said some nice things to her.

They were a cool bunch of parents from our short interaction. We didn’t play them, but they were the game after us. We made small talk with a couple LV parents, as we were doing the “take down ez-up / next game looking for a spot exchange.” Since you mentioned it, they definitely stood out in my mind for being a nice group.

Congrats Blues Baker 07 on the Win vs. Surf 2-1 and taking The Championship
Congrats also to the Surf Girls for a strong showing and one of the best games we saw at Blues Cup.

That’s good soccer!!! It keeps the parents coming back with open check books, so it’s a great way to win a trophy.
I bet they spent all week practicing it. Did they use uprights or soccer goals? Did they just put the girls in a line and practice smashing a ball forward for 90 minutes last week?
I can hear the shrieking moms cheering for this amazing play right now.

That’s good soccer!!! It keeps the parents coming back with open check books, so it’s a great way to win a trophy.
I bet they spent all week practicing it. Did they use uprights or soccer goals? Did they just put the girls in a line and practice smashing a ball forward for 90 minutes last week?
I can hear the shrieking moms cheering for this amazing play right now.
Triggered.... LOL

Girls on both teams have some great shooters the striker from blues has a cannon and the ball went directly in the net. The field size is a joke. And that second goal was immediately after Surf has tied the game.
1st goal was a connection of 4-5 passses and a beautiful finish. Blues had a ton of shots on goal and held possession 60/40. It’s the first tourney under Baker tons of work for that team to do. Surf is still the #1 team in this age group and it’s going to take a lot more than Blues Cup to knock them off that spot.

Girls on both teams have some great shooters the striker from blues has a cannon and the ball went directly in the net. The field size is a joke. And that second goal was immediately after Surf has tied the game.
1st goal was a connection of 4-5 passses and a beautiful finish. Blues had a ton of shots on goal and held possession 60/40. It’s the first tourney under Baker tons of work for that team to do. Surf is still the #1 team in this age group and it’s going to take a lot more than Blues Cup to knock them off that spot.

The Bakers have already started what they do best - Recruiting! From having 10 players last year to now having a bench full (I think I counted 14 players). Be interesting to know if they had guest players or if all those players have signed now?

The Bakers have already started what they do best - Recruiting! From having 10 players last year to now having a bench full (I think I counted 14 players). Be interesting to know if they had guest players or if all those players have signed now?
No Guest Players, 13 on Roster and the bench was full because the Baker 01/02 girls came to Support their little buddies. And having 1 sub at 9v9 isn’t the brightest Idea now is it...

Do they recruit exclusively from track meets?

Glad those few years of the build out line have had an impact on possession soccer in the US.

The final year of small sided soccer is maybe the worse. The Athletic teams for the most part press the hell out their opponents with no restriction and most attempts to build out end up in a shot on goal. Some teams can do it but they're few and far between. Parents and Coaches still largely result focused, which is why Baker and his belittling style will still attract families from far and wide. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bobby Knight on the Blues coaching staff at some point.

Ahhh there we go! Feels like old times! All we need is Casper or Last Planet to start Rankings again, Bring back the Goats and the funnier Trolls. And the old Legends faithful that we’re on here, might have to do a Where are they Now to find them.
*Hey Dominic it’s that Time Again

Do they recruit exclusively from track meets?

The final year of small sided soccer is maybe the worse. The Athletic teams for the most part press the hell out their opponents with no restriction and most attempts to build out end up in a shot on goal. Some teams can do it but they're few and far between. Parents and Coaches still largely result focused, which is why Baker and his belittling style will still attract families from far and wide. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bobby Knight on the Blues coaching staff at some point.
As long as the keep putting kids into college, it's not likely to change.

Glad those few years of the build out line have had an impact on possession soccer in the US.
Pre-dates that ole buil-out line. In my observation, they figure they’ve got nothing to lose. If the shot goes wide, you’ve pinned them in. If the shots on target but to the keeper, they like their odds of winning it off the punt, if the keeper has to make a save, they likely win a corner and in the best case scenario.....goal!

Back