Blues Cup 2019

With a response like that it seems no response will satisfy you. Your continuing to fish for an answer you like. Not the ones given all through this thread or the one MS deleted. But, here is my answer, "Yes". We lost games and won some, just as long as we beat Blues.
My apologies. Actually, it's not that I'm looking for an answer I like...I already know how the vast majority would answer and therefore, should not have posted my original post as a question... rather as a statement.

Bottom line, this whole approach comes across as having very little to do with the kids and everything to do with parents living vicariously through their kids.

A way to game the system to get into top flights in top tournaments that they can't accomplish with their organic teams... otherwise, they'd organically be there.

Not to mention what it's teaching their ("my kids best on the team") player about their "lesser" organic teammates / team.

If it was really about fun, ice cream and new friends then lesser marginal players would be invited... they're not.

I understand the need to replace missing organic players
with guest players, but tournament directors allowing non-organic stacked composite teams dressed like clowns is a mockery to serious organic teams and degrades tournament credibility.

Many clubs sponsor "for fun" 3v3 and Beach tournaments with goofey team uniforms and clowning around...but, top tournaments with serious in and out of state organic teams is not the place for it.

I only know a few of the players. Their teams are ranked 44 and 284 nationally.

You are Fake News!!!! Majority was #1 Slammers PA including their best players. This is one of the reasons I deleted my thread. I have learned many paint the picture they want but fail to tell the truth. There is no point in debate when people blatantly lie.

Slammers PA, Galaxy SB, Fram for this tournament. Past tournaments included Legends, SC Blues, and CDA Slammers.

Last edited:
Dude, I get what your saying. But it’s not that way. I still don’t care if my kids won or lost. But I do care about beating Blues. Period.
Anybody can stack an all-star team and go beat up on organic teams.

You obviously have a hang up with Blues...but in the process you're screwing with Blues Cup and the serious organic teams who expend much hard work and resources to compete in it.

What level is your organic team at?

I was PMed by someone privately who told me how full of @#$% many of the 09 Parents are. Was also told how past GOATS teams were legit, but this group went about things differently than the past.

But when I can point out truth, I will.

Lastly, the only thing I wanted to point out was if this was an ethical decision by parents. Yes, I am in the minority with my opinion. If others had the balls that the GOATS parents do, and did the same thing, you would have great teams everywhere, made up of the best kids. But that's the point isn't it...

I think most would argue all of these tournaments for youngers are meaningless and the purpose should be on development- playing better teams should be the goal. And these other teams bring in guests all the time...
How is that different? Also, Slammers is pretty skilled across the board... not one best player.

I think most would argue all of these tournaments for youngers are meaningless and the purpose should be on development- playing better teams should be the goal. And these other teams bring in guests all the time...
How is that different? Also, Slammers is pretty skilled across the board... not one best player.

Depends...a club who wants to develop will bring either its top B team players or it’s top players a year younger. We are not allowed to guest play nor have we ever used a guest player from another club.

But I can’t speak for other clubs however I don’t think anyone else should either.

We all know what happens when we assume.

You are Fake News!!!! Majority was #1 Slammers PA including their best players. This is one of the reasons I deleted my thread. I have learned many paint the picture they want but fail to tell the truth. There is no point in debate when people blatantly lie.
You deleted your thread because it did not fit in your view. And it’s the third thread you have deleted. How did I lie. I didn’t. You still don’t like a truth that goes beyond your scope.

MicPapa -
1. "organic teams" - you mean the ones kids have to try out for while they still have 3 months left with their previous team, and then parents have to pay a lot of money to be a part of? If Coach finds someone better and willing to pay next season, they can cut 9 year old girls? Still sounds organic to you?
2. Are the players on GOATS good or bad players? You think they can't make it on a good enough team to win at this "elite" tournament but then go on to say that they don't include less marginal players. If all they care about is winning a tournament and they're good enough to get on an elite team, why didn't they just leave their loser teams and move on to one of the more serious "elite" teams that match their quality?
3. "Goofy" uniforms & "Clowning" around - fast forward 10 years from now and you will wish that your DD was doing more of this on the soccer pitch when she was 9. They'll never get to be 9/10 again, let them be Goofing and Clowning around while playing soccer and meeting new people.
4. "mockery to serious organic teams and degrades tournament credibility" - the seriousness and formality of club teams & tournaments for 9/10 year old girls' soccer was created by some unscrupulous DOCs (not all DOCs) to convince people like you that soccer for 9/10 year olds shouldn't be fun but a "serious and prestigious" in order for parents to pay thousands of dollars for club soccer when AYSO is only a few hundred a year.

You say the GOATs did it for the parents, but did you ever turn to your kid and ask if they would enjoy doing that, especially without a Coach screaming at them or fear that they would be pulled out for making mistakes?

Take a picture of your post, read it in 5 years. You'll realize the absurdity of it all.

Wonderfully said!
MicPapa -
1. "organic teams" - you mean the ones kids have to try out for while they still have 3 months left with their previous team, and then parents have to pay a lot of money to be a part of? If Coach finds someone better and willing to pay next season, they can cut 9 year old girls? Still sounds organic to you?
2. Are the players on GOATS good or bad players? You think they can't make it on a good enough team to win at this "elite" tournament but then go on to say that they don't include less marginal players. If all they care about is winning a tournament and they're good enough to get on an elite team, why didn't they just leave their loser teams and move on to one of the more serious "elite" teams that match their quality?
3. "Goofy" uniforms & "Clowning" around - fast forward 10 years from now and you will wish that your DD was doing more of this on the soccer pitch when she was 9. They'll never get to be 9/10 again, let them be Goofing and Clowning around while playing soccer and meeting new people.
4. "mockery to serious organic teams and degrades tournament credibility" - the seriousness and formality of club teams & tournaments for 9/10 year old girls' soccer was created by some unscrupulous DOCs (not all DOCs) to convince people like you that soccer for 9/10 year olds shouldn't be fun but a "serious and prestigious" in order for parents to pay thousands of dollars for club soccer when AYSO is only a few hundred a year.

You say the GOATs did it for the parents, but did you ever turn to your kid and ask if they would enjoy doing that, especially without a Coach screaming at them or fear that they would be pulled out for making mistakes?

Take a picture of your post, read it in 5 years. You'll realize the absurdity of it all.

MicPapa -

YO!!! You forgot to drop the mic!

MicPapa -

Then why'd you join and remain in Club Soccer?

Many other venues to have play dates.

The children wanted to play more soccer with kids that wanted to play a lot of soccer and the coach knew the rules and how to play the game. The kids definitely did not join to make it soccer "serious" and "prestigious". You can't call club soccer elite when every other club has 7 teams deep for one age group. Nothing is serious for 9/10 years olds unless they're geniuses attending medical school. If my children wanted to paint their faces and sprayed their hair for their club soccer team tournaments, I'll order it on Amazon.

I don't know any of the Goats kids or parents, so personally I have no idea if they did this for the kids or for their ego. But as in any discussion forum, one's credibility goes a long away.

I've seen many of Lastman's posts. They're mostly helpful and informative. He was very helpful to me, a complete stranger, when I reached out to him privately for some guidance. If he said they did this for fun, I will take it at face value. Marspeed, on the other hand, was already on my ignore list :). Anyone started a thread (since deleted) in a discussion forum with something like "I'm right, and I don't care if you disagree" has no intention of having a discussion.

Judging by your first few exchanges on the "Surf Cup" thread, it seems you also enjoy picking fights over nothing.

I don't know any of the Goats kids or parents, so personally I have no idea if they did this for the kids or for their ego. But as in any discussion forum, one's credibility goes a long away.

I've seen many of Lastman's posts. They're mostly helpful and informative. He was very helpful to me, a complete stranger, when I reached out to him privately for some guidance. If he said they did this for fun, I will take it at face value. Marspeed, on the other hand, was already on my ignore list :). Anyone started a thread (since deleted) in a discussion forum with something like "I'm right, and I don't care if you disagree" has no intention of having a discussion.

Judging by your first few exchanges on the "Surf Cup" thread, it seems you also enjoy picking fights over nothing.
Your thing is lurking around where you admittedly have no first hand interest...then pick a fight over me picking fights...and a reach-a-round to Lastman to go with it. Brilliant!

Your thing is lurking around where you admittedly have no first hand interest...then pick a fight over me picking fights...and a reach-a-round to Lastman to go with it. Brilliant!
...born 8/13/2019....unless your admitting to putting on yet another troll avatar, how do you qualify to tell anyone what “their thing” is?

Back