Blues Cup 2019

Serious question for Goats:

When your organic teams enter tournaments, especially out of town / state venues, you would be perfectly fine with being knocked out by non-organic stacked composite teams?

When your organic teams enter tournaments, especially out of town / state venues, you would be perfectly fine with being knocked out by non-organic stacked composite teams?
Great question PaPa. Speaking for myself, I hate going out of state for anything soccer these days to be honest with you. However, looking back 5 years ago I would ask you to please put the best Local GOAT team you could possibly put together. I would rather lose 4-2 in a fierce battle than go out of state for a trophy and win 8-0, have medal and then to have drive back 800 miles.

Great question PaPa. Speaking for myself, I hate going out of state for anything soccer these days to be honest with you. However, looking back 5 years ago I would ask you to please put the best Local GOAT team you could possibly put together. I would rather lose 4-2 in a fierce battle than go out ot of state for a trophy and win 8-0, have medal and then to have drive back 800 miles.
With all due respect, to present those two as the only possible outcomes... Is frankly a disingenuous and lazy response.

Yes. Because we lose all the time. What's one more loss. To echo Justus' thoughts, I'd rather watch a losing effort against a tough team than a win against a bad team. Beating bad teams gives a false sense of confidence in my kids abilities. Tough games really show what they need to work on.

With all due respect, to present those two as the only possible outcomes... Is frankly a disingenuous and lazy response.
It's the truth. Texas always showed up to Surf Cup with 3 or 4, 5 extra GOAT players. Heck, RB took all sorts of borrowed GOATs to the games in Texas. I have a different mindset papa. I (my dd) always want to challenge themselves against the best. That's how you get better and see where you stand. The better the teams, the better for the travel. No offense, driving to AZ and back to Cali for two blowouts is not fun. Coming home after losing two tough games is worth every penny of that drive. However, the games aren't that tough. This is my opinion and I speak for me, myself and I.

Plus PaPa, if you pull off the upset, it's huge confidence builder. If you lose, than you just say things like, "They were stacked honey and you did all you could. So proud of you for taking on Goliath."

I thought of a good analogy. I played hoops so try and follow along. I had a choice back in the day to enter a 3x3 tourney in the 6' and under Div or the open division. I stand 5'9 and 1/2 on a good day and I had a few others right under 6 ft. What division you think me and the boys went for? You guessed it, open division. We battled and made it the QF. Lost to a team of 6'6, 6'3 and 6'2 dudes. Some want the challenge, some want the trophy.

I thought of a good analogy. I played hoops so try and follow along. I had a choice back in the day to enter a 3x3 tourney in the 6' and under Div or the open division. I stand 5'9 and 1/2 on a good day and I had a few others right under 6 ft. What division you think me and the boys went for? You guessed it, open division. We battled and made it the QF. Lost to a team of 6'6, 6'3 and 6'2 dudes. Some want the challenge, some want the trophy.
It's when you win this kind of challenge that makes that trophy mean so much more and especially that drive back from tough GOAT challenge across state lines. Remember NC Wolfpack upset? No feeling like it I tell ya. Everyone is different PaPa. That's what makes the SoCal Soccer Forum so great. I respond with the first thought if you haven't noticed. I go back and read and then right some more. I hope you believe me :)

It's the truth. Texas always showed up to Surf Cup with 3 or 4, 5 extra GOAT players. Heck, RB took all sorts of borrowed GOATs to the games in Texas. I have a different mindset papa. I (my dd) always want to challenge themselves against the best. That's how you get better and see where you stand. The better the teams, the better for the travel. No offense, driving to AZ and back to Cali for two blowouts is not fun. Coming home after losing two tough games is worth every penny of that drive. However, the games aren't that tough. This is my opinion and I speak for me, myself and I.
RB when at Arsenal took players from several clubs to the Super Copa in 2015. He also recruited players within Texas. I recall them making the finals. Thanks for also reminding me of this next piece. We played a Texas team in the Super Copa playoffs. They were the best team we played against and were a composite team put together. No animosity. Still think highly of that squad because they played wonderful soccer.

With a response like that it seems no response will satisfy you. Your continuing to fish for an answer you like. Not the ones given all through this thread or the one MS deleted. But, here is my answer, "Yes". We lost games and won some, just as long as we beat Blues.
That Blues Baker team I think is or was one of the all time greatest GOAT teams ever assembled up until this last weekend IMO :) Holly was a close second...….

Except of course a single game across the last two years in CSL season, CSL League Cup, and State Cup. ;-)
Pay no attention to me. I’m getting my teams mixed up. Maybe I need to go platinum to delete my messages. That is not to say your team loses frequency, But you guys always play the toughest competition.

Back