• Eagles

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Ajax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everything pretty much played out as expected. Sundays early games have some good matchups

Blues vs. SDSC Navy. I think this may be the first matchup of these two teams in over two years. I'll give Blues the nod but SDSC can reek havoc with their physicality and determination . Blues wins 2-1
Surf vs. Legends. Surf is the favorite going in but both teams are already through to the next round so who knows. Surf by 2 goals
Albion vs. Eagles. Both teams are already through to the quarterfinals so who wants the 1 seed more. I enjoy watching Albion play a great brand of soccer but I think Eagles wins by a goal.

Good Luck to all!!!

Congrats to Eagles. It was an excellent game today. Shame on the Eagles father making crazy noises as the Surf kids were addressing their PK's. It was good to hear the Eagles coach address the bad sportsmanship. Kudos to him.
IMO these are the two best teams at this age group.

Congratulations to Eagles. Well deserved! #5 is an amazing player. I have a huge amount of respect for Surf. Great group of girls too.

The parents on the Eagles side line need to work on better sportsmanship. There's a mom that's over the top. After a game this mom was saying "how cool" they are. Happy for the girls, but the parents need to be a little more humble.

Just getting home now after the long drive....

Heard about it after the fact....was down on the far end near the PK goal when it happened and didn't know who that was...just thought it was wierd/strange...found out later the father making the noises is new to our team and this level of club soccer and the situation will be addressed. Eagles 07 sidelines are generally known to be well-behaved and sportsmanlike and are often found cheering for excellent plays by the opposition as well (ie. the Legends goalkeeper this morning made several ridiculous saves and was cheered for it by out sidelines). Please don't allow one slip up to sully an otherwise solid reputation of parents and players who are of course pulling for their girls, but highly appreciative of other teams, their players and the efforts that go into making this all happen for all of our girls.

Not sure who the mom is-- but maybe she was just over excited-- "how cool" it was to win, or "how cool" it was to finally beat Surf after they beat us at Manchester, who knows? But I'm sure it was just in over excitement after the game-- emotions go both ways-- frustration or sad or sometimes TOO happy....I know one of the Surf girls right after the game handshakes-- spoke out very loudly and directly to our girls so they could hear her -- something that was NOT nice at all/very un-sportsman-like-- but they are kids and that stuff happens-- very emotional after game....good or bad...it happens.

Parents are a different story and the father above needs some sideline/PK etiquette that will be discussed....deeply apologize for that situation.

Hats off to Surf in the final -- we genuinely always enjoy playing your team-- you have an amazing team filled with wildly talented players and a coach who was a class act after the game as well in his remarks to the girls and parents of both sides.

Thank you to Blues for putting on a great tournament!!

Congrats to Eagles for putting up the results. Ill take Surfs brand of soccer all day over Eagles kickball to one player up top!! Did Eagles backs connect one pass this weekend??

Congrats to Eagles for putting up the results. Ill take Surfs brand of soccer all day over Eagles kickball to one player up top!! Did Eagles backs connect one pass this weekend??
Agree with the "brands" comparison but that is why each team has their successes. Brand aside, commenting on certain positions/players is unfair. Coaching at this level dictates the play, not the players.

Eagles beat us the same way but I don't blame the "backs" because they did their jobs. Having a couple of players on top that know how to score is key at this level. Hopefully these teams learn to spread the field, make precision passes, and play soccer, however, the backs are not at fault for doing their jobs. The Eagles and Albion both have backs that stop the ball, which is their primary job. Hats off to them.

Okay, just so we have this straight-- someone's questioning why the backs from the team who beat Legends AND Surf, on the same day, after playing four other games in 2 days, didn't connect enough passes to their satisfaction?

Question: was there a Blues Cup award given to team w most passes connected by back line?

Question: is it a back's responsibility to connect a pass versus the top offenses in the country that are trying to crash thru or keep the ball out of the net?

Question: how many passes did the backlines who were triple teaming that Eagles forward connect w each other?

Oh, and I'll take Albion San Diego's brand of soccer over any I've seen lately all day. As that team gets older, lookout.

Pretty ridiculous to call out specific sets of players at this age. Makes that wing nut who was making bird sounds during PKS in the posts above seem almost... normal. Ish.

Okay, just so we have this straight-- someone's questioning why the backs from the team who beat Legends AND Surf, on the same day, after playing four other games in 2 days, didn't connect enough passes to their satisfaction?

Question: was there a Blues Cup award given to team w most passes connected by back line?

Question: is it a back's responsibility to connect a pass versus the top offenses in the country that are trying to crash thru or keep the ball out of the net?

Question: how many passes did the backlines who were triple teaming that Eagles forward connect w each other?

Oh, and I'll take Albion San Diego's brand of soccer over any I've seen lately all day. As that team gets older, lookout.

Pretty ridiculous to call out specific sets of players at this age. Makes that wing nut who was making bird sounds during PKS in the posts above seem almost... normal. Ish.

I guess it depends on what you're focusing on... If putting a medal around the player's neck is your focus then there's nothing wrong with playing to win at all. If you're looking to develop then perhaps asking players to take risks will cost you those medals. From what I've learnt, nobody can form opinions, especially not call out players until you know the philosophy or focus or a given club, team, or players! As parents, we can choose which environment we place our daughters (winning/development), be happy with our decision, and don't question anyone else's decisions or beliefs.

Attachments

• Development soccer.jpg
    Development soccer.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 12
Such a passive aggressive Congrats, pretty petty. Surf brand of Soccer? They have put up "results" for the past few years with a couple superstars leading the charge. Many clubs have figured that out and have closed the gap and even bested them in many matches. I'm not saying they are not a superior team at this point to many teams out there but having witnessed my child playing against both I as a parent have actually enjoyed watching Eagles. While many of these girls are amazing soccer players they are still learning and growing as players, they all still have a long way to go. We as parents tend to drive the need for results with our sideline behaviors and bragging rights to our friends. The coaches and teams that continue to play and teach properly regardless of the results will be competing for years to come. I also agree with the Albion comment, I have always enjoyed Albion and their style, I believe they will continue to be a force for years if they keep the core. Just my two cents.

I agree....gap is closing...there were some fantastic teams playing at Blues this weekend...EVERY game we played was very competitive! Really enjoyed playing both Beach & both Albion teams, Legends and Surf. Some really really talented teams/girls out there! Some really close games as well-- that could have went either way & our girls learn something from each team/how to handle different players/systems, etc...that's why we love playing these tournaments- your teams are all soooo good!!

And I'm very honest--I have no delusions of how our team played--yep, we didn't play our best soccer this weekend- lots of direct/kickball...we tend to pass much better against less pressure games during our spring & fall league (and in practice w/each other-lol!) then we do when we are up against it in the hunger games (ex. Surf Cup, Blues Cup, etc)!! Our girls tend to go into more of a panic/survival mode in those last couple tourney games and yep,they are 10 years old--so yes, LOTS & LOTS of growing & learning to come. A wise friend on this forum has said--it's a marathon...not a sprint...long journey for the girls that want to keep playing down the road. Best of luck, fun and an injury free fall season to your player's!! Hope to see some of you at Surf Thanksgiving :)

Back