Blues 06 - For those that want to talk about it

Any younger playing on a top team that leaves Carlsbad for another club obviously doesn't have older kids that play and have no idea how DA will change things down the road. ECNL is over and the playing field has changed dramatically overnight. No need to drive 2 hours just to be on a so called super team. Your player will be seen right in your backyard in the years to come. Good luck.
It's not that simple, it all depends on the coaches preference of player types. What one Girls DA coach values may not be the same for another. It's the same philosophy college coaches apply when recruiting for players.

We cannot still be arguing ECNL is a good league next year. Let's do a compromise- admit that 03 and 04 ECNL will suck because it's a watered down middle school B team and I will admit that 02-98/99 may have a shot because they want to play HS SOCCER.
I am telling you the 03 and 04 ECNL group is a sad sad lot . I am just curious what fee they will slap on it.

It's not that simple, it all depends on the coaches preference of player types. What one Girls DA coach values may not be the same for another. It's the same philosophy college coaches apply when recruiting for players.

This is 06.
First no recruiting .
Second do you like to play, are your friends playing, can you play other positions, did you have fun should be just about the only philosophy these guys have. When I heard about this weekends mayhem WOW JUST WOW .

This is 06.
First no recruiting .
Second do you like to play, are your friends playing, can you play other positions, did you have fun should be just about the only philosophy these guys have. When I heard about this weekends mayhem WOW JUST WOW .
Again it all depends on the coach, when my DD was ulittle. I use see through the same lens you are posting about, until I finally realized....it's all dictated by a coaches player preference. I also know at ulittle the A teams are more focused on winning and there is less opportunity to learn by mistake. Thus, an A team is not always the best fit for a player....depending on their player development stage.

Again it all depends on the coach, when my DD was ulittle. I use see through the same lens you are posting about, until I finally realized....it's all dictated by a coaches player preference. I also know at ulittle the A teams are more focused on winning and there is less opportunity to learn by mistake. Thus, an A team is not always the best fit for a player....depending on their player development stage.

Or parents run off a developmental coach because most of them have never played the sport and have no idea what development actually is which seems to be the SOCAL way.
In the end though it all evens at 14. My point in even joining this thread was to point out that not all that glitters is gold and be careful what you are running towards and away from.

Or parents run off a developmental coach because most of them have never played the sport and have no idea what development actually is which seems to be the SOCAL way.
In the end though it all evens at 14. My point in even joining this thread was to point out that not all that glitters is gold and be careful what you are running towards and away from.
I have seen that also, when a team is about to implode because of the coach and teams lack of success and a new coach takes over. All because of the parents.

Any younger playing on a top team that leaves Carlsbad for another club obviously doesn't have older kids that play and have no idea how DA will change things down the road. ECNL is over and the playing field has changed dramatically overnight. No need to drive 2 hours just to be on a so called super team. Your player will be seen right in your backyard in the years to come. Good luck.
Alternatively, they know that Carlsbad's generally a mess and doesn't have the coaching quality other clubs have. Or they have kids who play other sports and don't want to focus solely on soccer. Or they see that the better talent, even at DA, will be at Surf and Blues. I can probably come up with more - do you want to try?

Alternatively, they know that Carlsbad's generally a mess and doesn't have the coaching quality other clubs have. Or they have kids who play other sports and don't want to focus solely on soccer. Or they see that the better talent, even at DA, will be at Surf and Blues. I can probably come up with more - do you want to try?

I know you are a 2005 B team Surf parent and I too do happen to love Surf. That being said the homerism and anti LAGSD hate is getting old. No one is "leaving in droves" from LAGSD.
You cant say Surf has better quality coaching- if you do you are either a Coach too or a new parent. Any old school Surf parent knows coaches get changed last second there is massive turnover. Even your B team coach for next year is on Year One right now. Surf, like LAGSD has its gems for coaches. Blues has 2-3.
LAGSD at 2004 is the REAL DEAL. LAGSD at 2003 is THE REAL DEAL. They have run the most impressive pre tryout I have seen besides Pats.
DA is about player development, not the team. Our goal isn't a super team, and there is talk we do not scores until 14 now precisely to get away from this concept of "better talent".

The 06 age group has a lot of talent from what I have seen in a limited number of games watched. There will also be some 06 girls playing up to 05 this year that could impact teams next year if they decide to play their true age or move clubs. I don't know how many there are, but there are always a handful at this age level. Having an older DD, I have seen these players normally slide back at this age or possibly next year as growth spurts hit. Regardless, Blues will be strong, Surf will be strong...and the others are TBD once we better understand where coaches end up (happens every year) and how the DA will affect retaining players that may have moved in the past.

I know you are a 2005 B team Surf parent and I too do happen to love Surf. That being said the homerism and anti LAGSD hate is getting old. No one is "leaving in droves" from LAGSD.
You cant say Surf has better quality coaching- if you do you are either a Coach too or a new parent. Any old school Surf parent knows coaches get changed last second there is massive turnover. Even your B team coach for next year is on Year One right now. Surf, like LAGSD has its gems for coaches. Blues has 2-3.
LAGSD at 2004 is the REAL DEAL. LAGSD at 2003 is THE REAL DEAL. They have run the most impressive pre tryout I have seen besides Pats.
DA is about player development, not the team. Our goal isn't a super team, and there is talk we do not scores until 14 now precisely to get away from this concept of "better talent".
LOL.

The real deal? Which club just won CRL at 2004? Cbad finished 7th in the 2005's (one spot ahead of Surf B), 4th in 2004's, and 5th in 2005's (where ECNL teams aren't playing).

Who are the coaches at Carlsbad that are as good as Surf? They just lost/got rid of two more of their best coaches (one to Surf and one to Albion) because the club put the squeeze on their outside income. And yes, next year's surf B team coach is year 1, but he was a club director and ODP c0ach in Michigan before coming over. He's better than anyone coaching at Carlsbad in the 2005 age group today save for maybe Alex Walker, who is outstanding.

Look, Carlsbad is fine, but don't let the large numbers fool you. There's a reason they lose kids to Surf and Blues every year at the younger ages, and ECNL has had nothing to do with it.

LOL.

The real deal? Which club just won CRL at 2004? Cbad finished 7th in the 2005's (one spot ahead of Surf B), 4th in 2004's, and 5th in 2005's (where ECNL teams aren't playing).

Who are the coaches at Carlsbad that are as good as Surf? They just lost/got rid of two more of their best coaches (one to Surf and one to Albion) because the club put the squeeze on their outside income. And yes, next year's surf B team coach is year 1, but he was a club director and ODP c0ach in Michigan before coming over. He's better than anyone coaching at Carlsbad in the 2005 age group today save for maybe Alex Walker, who is outstanding.

Look, Carlsbad is fine, but don't let the large numbers fool you. There's a reason they lose kids to Surf and Blues every year at the younger ages, and ECNL has had nothing to do with it.

I appreciate your vigor and insight for your Year One Club. I hope it lasts. All this is showing me is that you have a younger and don't know the market or what is occurring at 04 and above now.
I would encourage you to did a little bit deeper into coaching at Surf and who is good vs not.
Cal South disasgrees with you by the way- apparently those jerks think Carl H is good or something they just gave him some stupid excellence in coaching award. Probably because he has an accent I bet.

I appreciate your vigor and insight for your Year One Club. I hope it lasts. All this is showing me is that you have a younger and don't know the market or what is occurring at 04 and above now.
I would encourage you to did a little bit deeper into coaching at Surf and who is good vs not.
Cal South disasgrees with you by the way- apparently those jerks think Carl H is good or something they just gave him some stupid excellence in coaching award. Probably because he has an accent I bet.

PSS not a knock on Andy- know him and his pedigree quite well.

Ok, I'll tell you what - when Surf's best players start leaving for Carlsbad, you let me know. Because as of now, all I've ever seen at any age group is the flow going the other way.

Ok, I'll tell you what - when Surf's best players start leaving for Carlsbad, you let me know. Because as of now, all I've ever seen at any age group is the flow going the other way.

Ok just also let me know when those B team girls get pulled up vs the shuttle from Blues to Surf and surf to Blues .
Club shoppers are club shopppers - usually too girls never changes each year

PSS everyone
The club homerism is a joke. Go for the Coach.
Sharks just ECNL status today.
Word is SDSC will be getting DA status within a year. Gone are the days of one choice in this county where coaches could cull all the talent and reap the rewards and recognition.
Smart parents will take the long view and don't buy into a brand only.

PSS everyone
The club homerism is a joke. Go for the Coach.
Sharks just ECNL status today.
Word is SDSC will be getting DA status within a year. Gone are the days of one choice in this county where coaches could cull all the talent and reap the rewards and recognition.
Smart parents will take the long view and don't buy into a brand only.
Wait.....DMCV Sharks just got ECNL????

ECNL Welcomes DMCV and FC Alliance as Member Clubs in 2017

RICHMOND, VA (February 9, 2017) – The Elite Clubs National League is excited to announce that Del Mar Carmel Valley Sharks (Del Mar, CA) and FC Alliance (Knoxville, TN) will be joining the Girls ECNL beginning in the 2017-2018 ECNL season as new member clubs. The ECNL will be the only national leagues in which the clubs will compete, and the focal point of their competitive efforts.

The DMCV Sharks are led by former US Soccer National Team star Shannon MacMillan, a veteran of 2 Women’s World Cups (one championship), a 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist, and a 2016 inductee of the US Soccer Hall of Fame. DMCV won USYS National Championships in both 2013 and 2014, and was a USYS National Finalist in 2015. The DMCV U18 girls are currently competing in the USYS National League, and in 2015-16 DMCV won the California Regional League at U16. The club has consistently developed top players in the formation age groups for years.

“Becoming a member club of the ECNL is a tremendous opportunity for our girls,” said DMCV Executive Director Shannon MacMillan. “The ECNL is a proven and respected platform in terms of competition and continued investment in player development. The league’s core values align perfectly with the DMCV Sharks and we are excited to offer all of the opportunities that come along with a top league to our membership. Participating in ECNL will showcase and challenge our players, helping to enhance their development both on and off the field.”

Back