Blues 06 - For those that want to talk about it

So based on the previous thread and lack of response to this one what everyones saying is it's acceptable to be hooked on your phone and texting during the game, stay in your car until 5 minutes before game time then come warmup the girls, combine both 06 teams for practices (really tryouts for the new team) starting end of October, not a single individual team practice since October through state cup, allowing all the sideline antics with parents going unaddressed from the coach or club and somehow parents that did not stay must have girls that are not good enough to excel in that environment or be bitter to be losing out on all that high quality soccer atmosphere! Granted this is what I have heard anyway!!!

So based on the previous thread and lack of response to this one what everyones saying is it's acceptable to be hooked on your phone and texting during the game, stay in your car until 5 minutes before game time then come warmup the girls, combine both 06 teams for practices (really tryouts for the new team) starting end of October, not a single individual team practice since October through state cup, allowing all the sideline antics with parents going unaddressed from the coach or club and somehow parents that did not stay must have girls that are not good enough to excel in that environment or be bitter to be losing out on all that high quality soccer atmosphere! Granted this is what I have heard anyway!!!
I don't understand why a club lets this shenanigans go on year after year? Sounds like poor preparation for State Cup and an early exit 1st weekend, who will be blamed? So sad for all of the dd's who have worked so very hard all season. When are the DOC's going to hold their Coaches accountable for developing their players? Time for change!!!

Results speak volumes. 2 consecutive years of not making it out of bracket in state cup and players leaving for other clubs.
Last year could the age change be blamed for the large turnover of players and early exit out of State Cup? I wonder what will be blamed for the lack of success this State Cup and large turnover of players? Seems to be consistent results and large numbers of players leaving the club year over year. Maybe it isn't the players after all? Something to ponder..... :)

Great point considering they are known for recruiting the top talent so heavily! Just goes to show, you can't just take top talent and scrimmage every practice and expect them to somehow grow as players and be competitive. It really speaks to the larger problem in youth soccer, these kids all need coaches that will continually mentor, develop, teach and challenge them at a minimum while they are on the field. The fact that the blues have had so much talent within the ranks of their youngers teams come and go and continuing to not show results is a definite sign that there are issues there. Before any of you blues lovers start crying about it, I understand that every club has its challenges including good and bad coaches and that doesn't always represent the club. Well in this case I'm not sure what else you can conclude. The fact that Rennie / Holley have not able to produce and lose good players two years in a row after their constant recruiting of top girls then the clubs reward is to have both 06 teams join as one with co-coaching between two coaches that at least from the outside looking in appears they can't stand each other is confusing at best. Is that the way a top club handles friction with teams, coaches, parents and or rewards the lack of abilities on their staff? Maybe joining the two teams will provide those girls at least the potential for some consistency and if Nothing else, lots of scrimmages.

Great point considering they are known for recruiting the top talent so heavily! Just goes to show, you can't just take top talent and scrimmage every practice and expect them to somehow grow as players and be competitive. It really speaks to the larger problem in youth soccer, these kids all need coaches that will continually mentor, develop, teach and challenge them at a minimum while they are on the field. The fact that the blues have had so much talent within the ranks of their youngers teams come and go and continuing to not show results is a definite sign that there are issues there. Before any of you blues lovers start crying about it, I understand that every club has its challenges including good and bad coaches and that doesn't always represent the club. Well in this case I'm not sure what else you can conclude. The fact that Rennie / Holley have not able to produce and lose good players two years in a row after their constant recruiting of top girls then the clubs reward is to have both 06 teams join as one with co-coaching between two coaches that at least from the outside looking in appears they can't stand each other is confusing at best. Is that the way a top club handles friction with teams, coaches, parents and or rewards the lack of abilities on their staff? Maybe joining the two teams will provide those girls at least the potential for some consistency and if Nothing else, lots of scrimmages.
I couldn't have said it better T3's! You nailed it!! I don't anticipate seeing neon at the top of the 06 standings next season. Yes, we all know that they will play every weekend and win some of the lesser tourney's, but that gets old after a while and it certainly doesn't help the players develop. There are some awesome developmental coaches at the 06 age group who will teach our DD's how to properly play the game of soccer vs kickball, which is super exciting. I anticipate seeing maroon colored jerseys give it a solid run next season at all of the younger age groups, maybe a role reversal from the red jerseys this season? We will have to wait and see. Such an exciting age group to watch with solid talent.

The top recruiter of that club will be (actually I think he is already) in charge of the top 06 team, his last name begins with B. He will undoubtedly build the strongest team in SoCal. So you can keep on fantasizing that your teams will hammer them next year, but unfortunately it will be the other way around.
My girl does not play for that club.

The top recruiter of that club will be (actually I think he is already) in charge of the top 06 team, his last name begins with B. He will undoubtedly build the strongest team in SoCal. So you can keep on fantasizing that your teams will hammer them next year, but unfortunately it will be the other way around.
I don't doubt that B is recruiting like mad with his book and chair in hand, we see him weekend after weekend at all of our games. It is what happens once the team gets put together that is most important. Time will tell, but my bets would not be on neon jerseys next season. There are much better developmental coaches than the 2 neon coaches at this age level and that will make the difference in close results and development. Time will tell I guess! Wishing all of the 06 DD's an awesome next season! Cheers to development!!

B is selling the dream and the parents and DD's will live the nightmare. Just saying...... Be thankful your DD doesn't play at the club. :)

Results speak volumes. 2 consecutive years of not making it out of bracket in state cup and players leaving for other clubs.

Turnover has been massive for the last three years actually in all age groups except Bakers.

Bakers have the B team. The "best players" are already on Rennie. I think we all know what will happen the following year.

Pound for pound I would expect Slammers to be the dominant 05 and 06 team for next year.

Parents need to look forward not backwards. The landscape is different now that there is no stronghold on ECNL. I will be curious to see if former championship coaches are able to produce talented teams when they no longer have control of this year on the market. It becomes even more imperative for people to actually look at coaches and specific strengths of those coaches as they relate to the girls. Right now a lot of coaches are relying on the brand and their name and I think that is very arrogant way to approach this changing market

B is selling the dream and the parents and DD's will live the nightmare. Just saying...... Be thankful your DD doesn't play at the club. :)

Being a devils advocate here - I think forums are good for information. That being said I would also say that there are wonderful people at the Blues and if there are issues I hope that people have followed proper etiquette and spoken to the Coaches and the Board if they have concerns. I have a hard time believing that a wonderful coach like Tad would condone these issues. If you follow those procedures and they are met with apathy vent away. I hope for a resolution for those families and success for their daughters.

To claim that Mr. B does not develop players is laughable. I do not have any experience with them, but based on results (national tittles, scholarships and NT players), he must be a better recruiter and developer than any coach in your club.
I prefer not to rejoice in the misfortune of other teams, and never claim that my teams are better than any other and are the only ones that play real soccer, or that my club is the only one doing development. Karma is a bitch.
And now continue getting nervous, and keep changing the ratings you make within a few seconds.

To claim that Mr. B does not develop players is laughable. I do not have any experience with them, but based on results (national tittles, scholarships and NT players), he must be a better recruiter and developer than any coach in your club.
I prefer not to rejoice in the misfortune of other teams, and never claim that my teams are better than any other and are the only ones that play real soccer, or that my club is the only one doing development. Karma is a bitch.
And now continue getting nervous, and keep changing the ratings you make within a few seconds.

If you are talking about the B brothers they are good skills trainers, recruiters and BS'ers. Not so sure about their record of developing players and definitely don't like how they coach a game or talk to young impressionable women. They say the craziest things to kids! I remember what one of them said to my daughter when she was playing against their JSerra HS team once! She used to train with them at the ULittle ages and told us after about 6-8 months that she wanted a different trainer!

If you are talking about the B brothers they are good skills trainers, recruiters and BS'ers. Not so sure about their record of developing players and definitely don't like how they coach a game or talk to young impressionable women. They say the craziest things to kids! I remember what one of them said to my daughter when she was playing against their JSerra HS team once! She used to train with them at the ULittle ages and told us after about 6-8 months that she wanted a different trainer!

Please do tell. PM if preferred. :)

You base a coaches ability to "develop" on number of titles won?

At the younger ages, I see a coach as having 3 main responsibilities:
1. Teach good technical skills
2. Build confidence
3. Make the players love the game

With that being said, you also need to make sure that you have your players in the correct place to develop these 3 things. That falls on the parents and on the coaches. If your kid is at the bottom of the roster on a top team, these things aren't likely to happen. However, if a coach has placed your kid on their team, they owe it to them to try and foster the 3 items above. Don't cut bait on a 9-10 year old kid because they are a little bit out of depth during the 4 months of that particular soccer season.
Telling players they aren't welcome back for the next season, but they can still come along for State Cup is not a way to make players love the game. You offered them a spot, you coached them all season, their dues covered the State Cup entry cost. Discussions about "next season" should take place once this season if officially over. I know that this crap takes place all over Cal-South and that this one club is not the only one that is guilty of this practice.
The clubs certainly aren't going to stop this practice. And it doesn't appear that Cal-South seems to really care either.
State Cup is worse than the College Football Bowl Season. The Fall Season ends before Thanksgiving, but we are holding the state tournament in February? How does this make sense? Get it wrapped up by December 31st and let the clubs all start fresh in January.

Fascinating that you feel the need to talk crap about the coaches/club...why are you so angry if it isn't your dd's club/team? My dd used to play for Rennie and we know several families in this age group at the club. All the girls from his u9 team from last year came back this year (I'm not sure how you calculate turnover, but it seems like pretty low turnover to me). While I realize anything short of a title may not be "showing results" to you, that team also went to State Cup semifinals last year. Those girls are on this 2006 or 2007 teams this year and still competing in State Cup this weekend. But again, not sure why you care so much or feel the need to talk poorly about them.

Back