Best thing for knee protection.

socalkdg

PREMIER
Best thing for knee protection. What should I buy? Where can she try it on? Adult women's small or xtra small if you want to donate something. :p

Seriously E? Did you not read the subject?

Protection from bruises? Protection for internal ligaments? Protection after previous injury? Protection for current weakness, such as after surgical repair of a previous injury? Something else?

Do you call yourself "socalkdg" in your more lucid moments?

Like this?

upload_2018-8-18_7-2-10.png

Or more like this?

rom-knee__09649.1490125598.jpg

I'd have to agree with @espola. Padded pants? A good brand of padded pants or knee pads vs a crappy brand. Knee braces? No offense to the OP but the original question was a bit vague.

Protection from bruises? Protection for internal ligaments? Protection after previous injury? Protection for current weakness, such as after surgical repair of a previous injury? Something else?

Do you call yourself "socalkdg" in your more lucid moments?
Your reply to the question was more vague then the question.

But that's your M.O.

BTW... did you find it?

Best thing for knee protection. What should I buy? Where can she try it on? Adult women's small or xtra small if you want to donate something. :p
Assuming you are referring to something to prevent skin abrasions and turf burn, padded keeper pants are best, but if your player hates wearing pants like mine does, a neoprene or compression sleeve (any brand, but we used McDavid for a while) will do.

One note for newbies however... if your players' knees are getting torn up repeatedly, or if you're looking for something to absorb impact like a volleyball player's knee pads, your keeper's diving technique is incorrect. The knees should not be the first thing to hit the ground. Instinctively most new keepers or self taught keepers will go to the ground on their knees and then fall to the side as they dive for a low ball. It's not natural to dive so that you land with you side and roll your body in mid air to minimize the impact on your hips and ribs. A lot of young keepers and their parents try knee pads because of how frequently they go down knees first. I know because my daughter did that and it really is hard on the knees and joints. After much correction from her keeper coach, she doesn't wear any knee covering. Most of her abrasions are on her hips or the side of her upper thigh from sliding into tackles.

It was vague as I was looking for all possibilities and was wondering what other keepers might be wearing. I'd love to go with the bubble warp, blocks more of the goal as well. I thought she had a bruised knee, but I guess last tourney last week she came down wrong and while it seemed fine, she felt a touch of discomfort diving to her left hitting the ground during practice.

Her knees aren't usually the first thing to hit, but occasionally they do. Plus between dives forward, slide tackles outside the box, scrambling for rebounds, her knees do get torn up a bit over the year. Went with a neoprene sleeve today for a scrimmage today with a pair of shorts and didn't complain too much(she hates change), thus seemed to work out, plus she didn't make any dives today.

She has talked about 3/4 compression tights, so we get one, and her legs make up about 2/3 of her body so barely went below the knee. Might try some compression capris which for her would be 3/4.

I'd like to get her training done at the beach. She loves diving in the sand, reduced the inpact. But being in the inland empire would mean a long drive.

Thanks for the responses so far.

It was vague as I was looking for all possibilities and was wondering what other keepers might be wearing. I'd love to go with the bubble warp, blocks more of the goal as well. I thought she had a bruised knee, but I guess last tourney last week she came down wrong and while it seemed fine, she felt a touch of discomfort diving to her left hitting the ground during practice.

Her knees aren't usually the first thing to hit, but occasionally they do. Plus between dives forward, slide tackles outside the box, scrambling for rebounds, her knees do get torn up a bit over the year. Went with a neoprene sleeve today for a scrimmage today with a pair of shorts and didn't complain too much(she hates change), thus seemed to work out, plus she didn't make any dives today.

She has talked about 3/4 compression tights, so we get one, and her legs make up about 2/3 of her body so barely went below the knee. Might try some compression capris which for her would be 3/4.

I'd like to get her training done at the beach. She loves diving in the sand, reduced the inpact. But being in the inland empire would mean a long drive.

Thanks for the responses so far.

As for the bubble-wrap - I have seen college player with a hard arm cast allowed to play after because the hard parts were wrapped in a couple of inches of bubble wrap secured by athletic tape. I don't think the immobility that brings on would help a keeper, though.

One note for newbies however... if your players' knees are getting torn up repeatedly, or if you're looking for something to absorb impact like a volleyball player's knee pads, your keeper's diving technique is incorrect. The knees should not be the first thing to hit the ground. Instinctively most new keepers or self taught keepers will go to the ground on their knees and then fall to the side as they dive for a low ball. It's not natural to dive so that you land with you side and roll your body in mid air to minimize the impact on your hips and ribs. A lot of young keepers and their parents try knee pads because of how frequently they go down knees first. I know because my daughter did that and it really is hard on the knees and joints. After much correction from her keeper coach, she doesn't wear any knee covering. Most of her abrasions are on her hips or the side of her upper thigh from sliding into tackles.
This right here...perfectly said. At the youngers and unfortunately some olders, when I see the keeper with too much knee protection, I stay and watch and inevitably they go down knees first every time.

This right here...perfectly said. At the youngers and unfortunately some olders, when I see the keeper with too much knee protection, I stay and watch and inevitably they go down knees first every time.
My son wears padded sliders that mainly protect his hips. He will play with knee pads and elbow pads (La Crosse pads) when playing Futsal.

Just watched NWSL keeper dive to her left, knee hits first, she extends, and makes the save. Helped that she was tall

So let me preface this with that fact that we have not used these GForm pads for soccer nor do I personally know anyone who uses these knee pads for soccer. However, my son used these knee pads for BMX racing and they're a great product (all their products are fairly well regarded). Lightweight, slim and protects from scrapes and impacts. They worked great for my son and he didn't even notice them. Cool technology, the soft rubber on the sleeve hardens on impact.

https://g-form.com/knee-pads-mountain-bike-skateboard

Back