Best System to Record Games?

Our team is considering buying a camera system to record games. We are considering the Trace basic system at this time. We like that it’s a US based company, and you lease the equipment instead of owning it. Has anyone purchased this system that can give some honest feedback? We don’t really need all the analytics, just want a good clear recording of the entire field that doesn’t need an operator manually moving the camera.

Thanks in advance!

Veo, hands down. Better than Trace image quality and cheaper. If all you need is film a few days later get the Veo1.

There's a good comparison starting here: Game Recording Thread

If you need more features: Veo2 is coming out this winter and has 4k, livestream option and analytics.

Veo, hands down. Better than Trace image quality and cheaper. If all you need is film a few days later get the Veo1.

There's a good comparison starting here: Game Recording Thread

If you need more features: Veo2 is coming out this winter and has 4k, livestream option and analytics.

Thanks for the feedback. I priced it and it’s only a couple hundred dollars cheaper the first year. Also, it doesn’t say if you own the equipment, but it looks that way. Since the company is based in Denmark, how will the support be if something goes wrong? Who repairs them?

Thanks for the feedback. I priced it and it’s only a couple hundred dollars cheaper the first year. Also, it doesn’t say if you own the equipment, but it looks that way. Since the company is based in Denmark, how will the support be if something goes wrong? Who repairs them?

From that thread the price difference was closer to $1k the first year. Maybe the pricing has changed since then, but you are still getting substantial better video for less money.

They are solid state cameras. Our club has had them for over a year and they have been knocked over by errant balls and still work. Assuming they get mailed somewhere for service if they break.

We've demo'd Veo, Pixellot, and Trace. Pros and cons to each, as covered in detail by others on the other thread. But I can say that the SoCal representation from Veo is fantastic. Real soccer people who are trying to make the best product they can and absolutely (in our experience) stand behind it. And the Veo2 may give them a clear edge for a bit.

We've demo'd Veo, Pixellot, and Trace. Pros and cons to each, as covered in detail by others on the other thread. But I can say that the SoCal representation from Veo is fantastic. Real soccer people who are trying to make the best product they can and absolutely (in our experience) stand behind it. And the Veo2 may give them a clear edge for a bit.

You demo'd the Pixellot Air? How would you compare the image quality to Veo, and far field capabilities?

You demo'd the Pixellot Air? How would you compare the image quality to Veo, and far field capabilities?
To me? Very similar in image quality; I might give Veo a slight edge. Both lose a lot of resolution when the action moves across the field, but in our experience it's been fine for video sessions and recruiting reels. The parent who did all the research for us and has been running point on camera systems feels like you can't go wrong with any of them -- they all seem pretty user-friendly and non of them are lights out better in image quality. VidSwap is a nice add-on for Pixellot and makes coding/clipping highlights (and lowlights) pretty easy. But I think you could have a VidSwap account and use it for Veo, too. And the Veo2 will have its own editing software plus upgraded lenses, if you can wait until February. If not, you can make yourself crazy weighing them both and you'll be happy with either. Really like the Veo reps here, though.

We have used the Trace for a few years and looked into the Veo cameras. The reason we stayed with Trace was the video editing software and they will replace and upgrade your equipment for free. Can't beat that! Great customer service too.

Reactions: KJR
Back