Best Shin Guard Sleeves or Locks?

Hired Gun

SILVER ELITE
Many out there -what do you feel are the best - many stretch out to quickly or too tight and uncomfortable. Wraps?

Many out there -what do you feel are the best - many stretch out to quickly or too tight and uncomfortable. Wraps?
This may sound a bit odd but you may want to consider calf compression sleeves used for running. They are made from durable materials and run from the base of the knee to the ankle. They offer a snug fit and easily adjusted.

DD does not like the confining feeling, tight feel with the Nike sleeves and other sleeves. Tried soft pre-wrap too. Tried locks as well in the past. A tight pair of soccer socks alone worked the best in the past.

Both my girls use EvoPower 1 shin guard. Although, I think they are 1.3 now. I can attest to the fact that they are very long lasting and comfortable for olders, no slip at all. And for my younger, who gets really bad shin rash, they protect the skin very well. Wouldn't use anything other than these. Oh, and they wash up well.

My DD is also a GK. She recently had to finally toss the UA sleeves she's been running for a long time. After getting stepped on a few times recently I showed her the Storelli sleeves and asked her what she thought. She said sure..even though the extra padding is only on the outside and there's no guarantee where a field player might step on you. They are very snug she said but she likes them. I said she better like them because I spent $40 on them and I'm not buying anything else until these are beat to death!! :eek:

The UA shin plates she has are pretty wide and really thick. I know many out there like the small/thin type but she likes the UA ones.
I guess with the occupational hazards of being a GK it makes sense.

My daughter loves Mad Dogs shin guard sleeves. They are the best material and they have a pocket that fits most shin guards. Three sizes. And really cool patterns.
But they recently closed up shop...

Some of you have expensive tastes, the basic will do

a50e69b6f66d394420b080394fbd2080.jpg

Seriously my son is been digging the Adidas Paris ghost guards, the set was only like $15. Look for the guards that come bundled with sleeves

f-black.jpg

I second the adidas ghost guards. My kid likes that they don't get stinky because the guard goes inside a pocket and doesn't lie directly on the shin. The sleeve is a compression sleeve.

I second the adidas ghost guards. My kid likes that they don't get stinky because the guard goes inside a pocket and doesn't lie directly on the shin. The sleeve is a compression sleeve.

That's similar to the Puma EvoPower. I'll have to check these out as well. Seem a tiny bit cheaper.

Back