Best cleats that don't separate from the turf

My players have had good luck with New Balance cleats. They are the only somewhat available cleat I know of that comes in wide widths.

2nd that. Our player with the wide feet:
New Balance Tekela 1.0 Pro FG (Wide)

All most like MG (muli-ground) studs works well for the type of turf we have & good on grass also. Slightly heavier vs Nike hypers but have been durable for far. The decdicated TF's like somebody else mentioned have fairly shallow studs and they don't grip great on the crumbly rubber pellet type surfaces.
182200.jpg

It seams we go through cleats real fast, especially from practicing and playing on turf... The sole separation from the top lining with the dreaded gap full of black rubber pellets. Practicing 3-4 days a week and games on the weekend take the toll on the boots... We've gone through all Nike's - Tiempos, Vapors, Opus etc. Need to get a solid cleat that is stitched into the sole I believe. Any suggestions from mid to high range cleat that is fairly light and effective.

PM sent :)

The only problem with this thread is that if anybody finds their perfect pair of cleats they better buy a few pair, because they will be made with a completely different material and possibly fit different with the next product update cycle.

The only problem with this thread is that if anybody finds their perfect pair of cleats they better buy a few pair, because they will be made with a completely different material and possibly fit different with the next product update cycle.
One reason my kid likes the old school Roo leather Adidas copas or the Nike Tiempo
any recommendations for fat feet (think Fred and Wilma Flintstone)..we typically have stayed with adidas because they are generally wider then NIKE.
The kangaroo leather copas do stretch out, so pretty good for wide feet after you break them in. My kid has those Flintstones dogs too, and swears by the copas.

Sports Page in Fountain Valley. Large selections, but a bit crazy when you walk in there.
http://www.sportspagesoccerwarehouse.com/
Sports Page in Fountain Valley. Large selections, but a bit crazy when you walk in there.
http://www.sportspagesoccerwarehouse.com/
Got the Opus there separating will send back to Nike - $200 boot with a discount, DD likes them but on lighter side, has had older top line Tiempos did some separation- boots lasted twice as long playing on grass...all good info.

One reason my kid likes the old school Roo leather Adidas copas or the Nike Tiempo

The kangaroo leather copas do stretch out, so pretty good for wide feet after you break them in. My kid has those Flintstones dogs too, and swears by the copas.
She loves the copas thats her tried and true shoe....trying to identify the source of knee pain....2 years ago and now one knee is very bad. Last year knees were good. The difference is that 2 years ago and now we are primarily playing on turf....last year alot of grass. She's had a hx of severe Osgood Schlatter and we are addressing the medical side. But......Wondering if the copas are not the best shoe for the turf hence the change (and for us they don't seem to wear well on the turf). I wonder if they grab pretty well into the turf and then she's tweaking her knee??

Thank you, you are all really helpful, any recommendations for fat feet (think Fred and Wilma Flintstone)..we typically have stayed with adidas because they are generally wider then NIKE.

New Balance. You can get them in different widths. Outside’s DD wears them and he would know where to get them.

She loves the copas thats her tried and true shoe....trying to identify the source of knee pain....2 years ago and now one knee is very bad. Last year knees were good. The difference is that 2 years ago and now we are primarily playing on turf....last year alot of grass. She's had a hx of severe Osgood Schlatter and we are addressing the medical side. But......Wondering if the copas are not the best shoe for the turf hence the change (and for us they don't seem to wear well on the turf). I wonder if they grab pretty well into the turf and then she's tweaking her knee??

Copa’s are horrible for the feet. My DD was having some ankle problems so our doc referred us to a podiatrist. He made her two pair (normal shoes and cleats) of custom orthotics (covered by insurance) and her problems went away. He had her bring her cleats in (Adidas) and told us to throw them away and use Nike or Puma and the top of the line. He mentioned that the Copa’s are horrible for the feet and 70’s shoe technology.

Try custom orthotics or a good insert. I use a Spence Total Support ($30 on Amazon) insoles the referee running shoes I use on arty turf.

My daughter has the same issue with Nike cleats but refuses to change. She is a forward who drags her toe. Nike has refused to fix any cleats we have sent back stating that it’s from the dragging. Even ones that came apart less than 60 days from purchase. (Soccer warehouse replaced for me anyway) Her current pair - Magusta Ondas have lasted over 6 months. Tiempos did well too. hyper venoms were crap and gave major blisters. She’s going to college with adidas next year so she’s going to have to switch

As noted by surfref the Copa insoles aren’t great, my daughter does use custom heel inserts.

Tiempos used to fit DD at one time, then they completely changed the last and they got narrow. Before that, DD killed a two pair of Tiempos in less than a month. The Copas lasted less than three months. For truly wide feet, New Balance is the only option we know of .

My daughter has the same issue with Nike cleats but refuses to change. She is a forward who drags her toe. Nike has refused to fix any cleats we have sent back stating that it’s from the dragging. Even ones that came apart less than 60 days from purchase. (Soccer warehouse replaced for me anyway) Her current pair - Magusta Ondas have lasted over 6 months. Tiempos did well too. hyper venoms were crap and gave major blisters. She’s going to college with adidas next year so she’s going to have to switch

Just because a college has Adidas sponsorship doesn’t mean she has to change her brand of cleats. It just means she will not get her cleats for free as part of the uniform package. My daughter’s college had Puma as their sponsor and she got the free pair of Pumas, her pick of model, in soft ground and would use those on days when the practice field was really wet and muddy after a rain storm rolled through. She had three other pair (we paid for) that she wore, top of the line Nike Tiempo in FG and SG for games and practices on dryer fields. She said the Pumas were okay and similar to the Tiempos but she used those as her mud cleats. She was in South Carolina where they get a lot more rain than So Cal.

2nd that. Our player with the wide feet:
New Balance Tekela 1.0 Pro FG (Wide)

All most like MG (muli-ground) studs works well for the type of turf we have & good on grass also. Slightly heavier vs Nike hypers but have been durable for far. The decdicated TF's like somebody else mentioned have fairly shallow studs and they don't grip great on the crumbly rubber pellet type surfaces.
182200.jpg
Those are some nice looking cleats. If they are as good as their running shoes, they have to be good and hold up well. I use New Balance as my 1/2 and full marathon training shoes and Brooks as my race day shoes. Love NB shoes.

It seams we go through cleats real fast, especially from practicing and playing on turf... The sole separation from the top lining with the dreaded gap full of black rubber pellets. Practicing 3-4 days a week and games on the weekend take the toll on the boots... We've gone through all Nike's - Tiempos, Vapors, Opus etc. Need to get a solid cleat that is stitched into the sole I believe. Any suggestions from mid to high range cleat that is fairly light and effective.

We've always worn the Nike Mercurial indoor shoes and had no problems. We just make sure we bang them out thoroughly after we play so the pellets don't stay stuck in between the sole. They're lightweight and comfortable as well. I actually just bought another pair for the indoor season. Heads up that soccerloco have a huge sale on right now so I got 40% off. I think the sale ends today though. Just a heads up.

A good shoe repair guy/girl can stitch the plastic sole to the synthetic/leather upper. Stitching will last as long as you need. Nike and Adidas youth soccer cleats are both junk. Not sure NB are much better. Companies think that parents don't want to spend much on cleats their kids will outgrow in a year. So, you get a lot of cheap plastic in the shoe and laces that don't even stay tied. But not sure i've seen a kid that wears anything other than those 3 cleats, so we're all kinda stuck.

A good shoe repair guy/girl can stitch the plastic sole to the synthetic/leather upper. Stitching will last as long as you need. Nike and Adidas youth soccer cleats are both junk. Not sure NB are much better. Companies think that parents don't want to spend much on cleats their kids will outgrow in a year. So, you get a lot of cheap plastic in the shoe and laces that don't even stay tied. But not sure i've seen a kid that wears anything other than those 3 cleats, so we're all kinda stuck.

What can a shoe manufacturer do to help keep the laces tied?

Back