Best 09 teams ?

Best 09? Aren't they like 7 and 8 years old? I'm guessing it's the ones that don't do cartwheels during a game?
I'm guessing if thats what you remember watching 7 and 8 year olds play soccer you might be better off going back where you came from. The 09' forum doesn't need you!

Does anyone know who are the best 09 girls playing right now?
I imagine you have a list of the best 09 girls? I have an 09 and an older daughter and the most important thing for my 09 is she has a good coach, great teammates and friends and a strong social support with the team and parents. Hopefully she will continue to grow and improve every year...but with soccer you never know!

Does anyone know who are the best 09 girls playing right now?

C'mon, BigThing, don't get so wound up - just some lighthearted fun pointing out the silliness of trying to rank the best 1st and 2nd graders are on the soccer field (the ones that can keep their shoelaces tied!). Besides, you might want to pace yourself. If your kid is the next big thing you've got a long road to go! ;)
Very true, it's just awesome seeing such young great athletes

SoCal Blues...then Strikers, Slammers, LA Galaxy. I believe there's a really good Liverpool 2009 team playing down in Presidio league. Real So Cal has a lot of really good players...but they're spread out over three teams.

SoCal Blues...then Strikers, Slammers, LA Galaxy. I believe there's a really good Liverpool 2009 team playing down in Presidio league. Real So Cal has a lot of really good players...but they're spread out over three teams.
Slammers , Blues and Stikers have the best teams. But I heard some Stikers coaches are leaving their teams a lot of inhouse fighting

My DD best friend was a superstar at u8. She played up a year in ayso then. At u9, she went to a big name club, where she was still a superstar. They are 04/u13 now. They've won all of the big tournaments, league, state cup, etc.
She's in 6th grade now. I'd say she would make a DA or ECNL team next year. She told my DD last night that she is quitting soccer.
She's complained about never getting a break; she doesn't love her teammates; she doesn't love her coach. And she just learned her coach is leaving the club. Even though she doesn't love the coach, she's not interested in starting over.

My DD best friend was a superstar at u8. She played up a year in ayso then. At u9, she went to a big name club, where she was still a superstar. They are 04/u13 now. They've won all of the big tournaments, league, state cup, etc.
She's in 6th grade now. I'd say she would make a DA or ECNL team next year. She told my DD last night that she is quitting soccer.
She's complained about never getting a break; she doesn't love her teammates; she doesn't love her coach. And she just learned her coach is leaving the club. Even though she doesn't love the coach, she's not interested in starting over.
Does this pertain to the 09?

Ranking 09 girls teams is very tough to do. Teams that look great in August could look average by November. At this age some girls blossom really fast and others take a while to improve. I love the fact that we are pushing our younger kids to learn soccer the right way but the travel take a tool on parents that want their kids to play soccer. This past season our team had to travel more than 60 miles 3 times during the regular season. That will burnout any new parent to club soccer soon.

I'm guessing if thats what you remember watching 7 and 8 year olds play soccer you might be better off going back where you came from. The 09' forum doesn't need you!

I'm of the thought that having 7 year olds play club soccer is a little bit of a waste of money. If they desire more than what they get at AYSO then spend money on a private skills trainer. AYSO plus or signature is plenty for a kid (parent?) along with privates until U9 at the earliest in my opinion.

Ranking players or teams at the pre-middle school ages is an exercise in parental ego because lots of things change between then and when recruiting starts and/or youth national team and ODP selection. Relax you have a long way to go and it's a marathon not a sprint. Enjoy the ride, no need to try to sprint to the finish. The truly gifted players that work hard will be apparent by U16/17. Good luck to you and your player.

I'm of the thought that having 7 year olds play club soccer is a little bit of a waste of money..
I'll bet 10 years ago the thought of 9-year olds playing club was a waste of money. Most everything has become increasingly more competitive over the years. I cringe at how much students have to study these days to get into good colleges. The envelope is pushed as parents push to give their kids a leg up on the competition...this is just the reality that we live in today.

The bright side to the 2009 story this year is that all of the kids (on our team) love club soccer. I perform self-checks to make sure I'm not pushing too hard by semi-jokingly telling my daughter that I'm moving her back to AYSO...only to hear her scream "NOOOO!!! I LOVE MY TEAM!" It's a beautiful thing to see the love of soccer grow organically within the girls. And our club soccer coach/team has had a big part in that.

I'll bet 10 years ago the thought of 9-year olds playing club was a waste of money. Most everything has become increasingly more competitive over the years. I cringe at how much students have to study these days to get into good colleges. The envelope is pushed as parents push to give their kids a leg up on the competition...this is just the reality that we live in today.

The bright side to the 2009 story this year is that all of the kids (on our team) love club soccer. I perform self-checks to make sure I'm not pushing too hard by semi-jokingly telling my daughter that I'm moving her back to AYSO...only to hear her scream "NOOOO!!! I LOVE MY TEAM!" It's a beautiful thing to see the love of soccer grow organically within the girls. And our club soccer coach/team has had a big part in that.
So loving her team translates to loving soccer?

What's the difference between AYSO and Club soccer? They're both recreational.

Just my opinion but 9 is about when you start seeing them perhaps need more. Of course it depends upon the individual player and there is no one size fits all perfect time to start club soccer. I like that you do the checks. I think that getting buy in from your player at an early age is huge in getting them to own the process. It is their process and if they are going to make it to U14 without becoming a casualty of the attrition at that age they have to be the one desiring it not us. Remember that it is their activity and we are just a wallet/taxi/guide for the process. Good luck to you and your player. It is a fun ride that I enjoyed and I hope that you do as well.

I was once told early in the process that, "those that don't have it can't show it and those that do have it can't hide it." Focus on you player loving the game and playing good soccer and all the rest will fall into place.

Back