Bayern GPS-Central tryouts

Serious question. How do the girls like Andre? Hasn't he only trained boys?
Can’t speak for anyone else, my daughter likes him. Don’t know about only training boys either.

I was going to use my mean mediation skills to help you 3 but the problem is that as a Platinum member you have deleted posts. I have a fairly good memory because I was looking at him as a coach.
Your memory must be slipping with age, because I’ve never deleted a post anywhere on this forum. But if you would like to see who is trying to manipulate posts, go back up to post #70. I just figured he was too stupid to figure out how to quote. But he does have a very vivid imagination.

In reference to septuagenarian, do you know that a "couple of decisions" mean 20-30 years, not 2-3 years?
Let me help you with some definitions and some simple math.

Decade: An historical period of the ten years in which the beginning year ended in "0" and the ending year ended in "9".

Couple: two or a few (of something)

Septuagenarian: Being between the age of 70 and 79, inclusive. In one's eighth decade.

So with some pretty simple math, we can show that if someone was in their 6th decade … 8 minus 6 equals 2 … are you following me here. As we learned above, two is a couple. That would make GoldenFjord off by a couple of decades.

Oh heavens, it’s 11:40pm, way past my bedtime. Now where’s my bran muffin and depends.

Fact said I would complain about Andre

I pointed out that Andre wouldn’t be the coach in a few months so I won’t have to

And then I told Fact that if he/she was implying that I complained about Toumi as a coach he/she was clearly mistaken didn’t complain about Toumi, I complained about everything Toumi was doing.

And just so you know, USSDA does report basic stats, I simply parsed through each match report to run my own data analysis to quantify average play time for each individual player and then brought the results to everyone so they could see that not only was my lil Gemstone quantifiably underperforming but theirs were too, starting a riot and pushing Toumi out. I put a lot of effort into those spreadsheets. A more apt man could have automated the process to knock the analysis out in 15 minutes or so, but I went in and did it all by hand because I care. That may or may not be why the finished product was a bit sloppy too.

Septuagenarian, oh ho ho you little trickster that was a fine jab… but you’re actually a couple of decades off. I’m really 90
Hey @JoeBieber, you may want to add this to your Rumor Recap. GoldenFjord said avh started a riot and pushed Toumi out of Albion. I never knew I wielded that kind of power.

He’s such a little trickster how he manipulated that quote. Oh, can’t you just imagine his little gossip sessions where he and his old biddies come up with these wild stories.

Let me help you with some definitions and some simple math.

Decade: An historical period of the ten years in which the beginning year ended in "0" and the ending year ended in "9".

Couple: two or a few (of something)

Septuagenarian: Being between the age of 70 and 79, inclusive. In one's eighth decade.

So with some pretty simple math, we can show that if someone was in their 6th decade … 8 minus 6 equals 2 … are you following me here. As we learned above, two is a couple. That would make GoldenFjord off by a couple of decades..
No sense of humor... carry on.

This is one toxic thread.

Let's all shake hands and go back to our corners of the interwebs. People are starting to talk about each others' kids. Not a great look on anyone for any reason.

On topic: hopefully all the kids in the area get the coaching they deserve whether it's at neighborhood clubs just providing a place for kids to learn and love the game or ambitious mega-clubs with resources to burn and names to put in lights.

It's a beautiful game played by kids, let's enjoy it.
No way! I'd say let's encourage the participants to quit beating around the bush and just name names! I want to know which parent wants to secretly move from Albion to Surf, which parent knows this and that it won't happen, and which parents are instigating all this!

No way! I'd say let's encourage the participants to quit beating around the bush and just name names! I want to know which parent wants to secretly move from Albion to Surf, which parent knows this and that it won't happen, and which parents are instigating all this!
What I know is that nobody trying to leave has a realistic shot which is what I have been trying to say. I love our team but Surf is looking for technical players and the ones trying to jump ship are not that. It's just going to be depressing and awkward for a looooooooong time.

What I know is that nobody trying to leave has a realistic shot which is what I have been trying to say. I love our team but Surf is looking for technical players and the ones trying to jump ship are not that. It's just going to be depressing and awkward for a looooooooong time.
Come on man. You are not at Albion. If you were, you would be looking for another team too as opposed to spending so much time on memes.

Based on your screen name you are probably hoping Sharks gets the leftovers that don't make Surf and don't want to go back to Albion with so many players that it is hard to tell what quality and positions will be available when the dust settles.

Based on your screen name you are probably hoping Sharks gets the leftovers that don't make Surf and don't want to go back to Albion with so many players that it is hard to tell what quality and positions will be available when the dust settles.
What?

Come on man. You are not at Albion. If you were, you would be looking for another team too as opposed to spending so much time on memes.
Honestly I believe in the legacy and looking at the coaches around on other teams I'm content waiting to see what wildcard coach Albion pulls out of their @$$. DD has field chemistry with the girls staying put so I am happy to watch a ragtag group of girls wipe the field with the deserters in the coming season. The piping hot memes are just an outlet for my frustration.

Haha, that's a theory. But I don't wish this drama on my kid or her team. Surf and Albion can keep 'em all.

So, I am relatively new here(to San Diego and this forum) and have spent a ridiculous amount of time reading all 5 pages of this thread. The reason I got on this thread was hope that I could learn more about GPS in San Diego and Ramona. I received a call from a Ramona coach asking my son to attend their tryouts so I tried to do a little digging.

There seems to be a lot of shuffling happening and I see the Coach's name in team names that show someone else coaching. I also found records of the coach in Ramona being on probation, as well as the team not yet being approved by Presidio or Cal South, as well as an email from the D.A. about potential victims of crime by the original Barca team????

As for Phil Burns, I heard all the amazing things about him, but Google and his LinkedIn account show him mostly as a gym owner in Thailand, and all his player experience as a Junior player. Am I missing something?

All in all I don't get a good solid feeling about the Barca to GPS FC Bayern changes, can someone provide information that could make me feel otherwise?

That is what I've been told, this is part of what concerns me about GPS, if this is the type of business that happened at Barca, GPS has to know right? If they aren't concerned about the financials, are they concerned about coaching staff? Just raises a lot of questions for me.

That is what I've been told, this is part of what concerns me about GPS, if this is the type of business that happened at Barca, GPS has to know right? If they aren't concerned about the financials, are they concerned about coaching staff? Just raises a lot of questions for me.
So don't go to GPS. Problem solved.

GPS had a right to know, they should of done their homework before allowing him to be part of the organization. From what I heard thru the soccer grapevine is that GPS is no longer at least in the San Diego area, and they cut off all ties with him (W.R.). That is what I had heard from parents that were at the GPS/Notts meeting.

GPS had a right to know, they should of done their homework before allowing him to be part of the organization. From what I heard thru the soccer grapevine is that GPS is no longer at least in the San Diego area, and they cut off all ties with him (W.R.). That is what I had heard from parents that were at the GPS/Notts meeting.
GPS is still in San Diego they cut ties off with WR
GPS is still in San Diego. WR is out. Phil Burns is now the DOC for the San Diego area.

I don't know about the other leagues but Presidio/SDDA has the following "gaming regulation":

"Coaches are expected to coach their teams in a positive and respectful manner. Presidio/SDDA Soccer League encourages referees to discipline any coach for irresponsible behavior if the coach...uses derogatory words or actions aimed at their players...."

My son played SCDSL this year but in the 4 prior years of SDDA I never once saw a ref discipline a coach for derogatory actions towards his players despite there being plenty of opportunities to do so. I don't doubt that there are a few refs out there that would, but my I guess is that most refs either aren't aware of their authority to do so, or don't have the confidence to do so. Ironically, many refs are quick to confront a coach if the derogatory words are directed at them. Call me idealistic but I think the same standard should apply whether the derogatory words are directed at a ref or a player. I could even make a good faith argument that they should be even tougher on derogatory comments to kids, since it involves an adult authority figure to child communication versus ref and coach communication which is typically adult to adult. Obviously those types of comments are inappropriate regardless.

Coaches that use intimidation and fear to "motivate" are lazy and uncreative. They typically are the same coaches that joystick their players throughout the game. I'm all for passionate and demanding coaches, particularly when it comes to effort; however, I draw the line at intimidation, condescension, and belittling comments. That type of coaching, at best, only yields short term results, and at worst destroys a kid's passion for soccer.

I am aware of the rule and reminded a coach at State Cup two weeks ago that he was to coach using a positive tone and not use derogatory comments. Coach was good after our talk. I have to remind coaches to coach in a respectful manner about once every 2-3 months. The sad part is that these coaches usually have U12 and below teams.

He actually got arrested this morning on theft and embezzlement charges.

Back