Arsenal G04

MA0812

SILVER
How is it that Randy Brown's G04 Flight 2 roster is comprised of about half of his current ECNL roster? ECNL players playing down in flight two is a joke!

Yes, this is how RB and Arsenal conduct themselves. Let's not forget to place some blame on the parents too. They agree to having their dd rostered to a lower level team so that they can watch their kid beat up on other less talented teams.

Oh yeah, don't forget......this flight 2 team will be placed in Presidents Cup versus National Cup (when RB protests to play down with Cal South) and with the help of the ECNL players will likely win the title.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying.

The opinion within this thread is out of context. ECNL allows for a large roster, but only 18 play per game. All the 04s on the flight two team are not starters nor major role players on the ECNL team. They are rostered on the ECNL team to get some higher soccer experience. RB has them playing at a higher level to bring up their game. The Flight 2 team is placed appropriately on skill level. Give it some time and you will see they will not runaway with this flight. Don't be fooled to believe the girls on the Flight 2 team are the same as the 04 team that won National Cup. Those girls will not be on the flight 2 roster; and most are playing 03 or moved on to DA.

I see a total of 28 players between both the ECNL and Flight 2 Roster. I see 2 girls on both teams with the same last name, but different first names. I assume they are twins?
Assuming these girls are twins (and not the same girl with 2 different first names. Hey, similar things have happened with plenty of clubs/teams/coaches over the years) -- then there are 5 girls out of 13 on the Flight 2 team that are not on the 23 player ECNL Roster.

I dont know RB and haven't played against any of his teams. But it sounds like he finds ways to work around certain loopholes. If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin I guess.

What are the rules on ECNL players playing a 2nd game in a day in another league (IE - SCDSL)? And vice versa?

If there are 7 ECNL players out of 13 on the Flight 2 team, why are they playing in Flight 2? Most would argue that now that we have DA and ECNL that Flight 1 is what Flight 2 was a year ago. Even if they are "ECNL Reserve" players - I would think they are high end Flight 2 type of players at the very least.

Last weekend, the Flight 2 team played on Saturday and the ECNL team on Sunday. No rules broken here.
For this weekend, the ECNL team plays on Saturday at noon. The Flight 2 team look like their game is being rescheduled. Was this game scheduled and got rearranged? Was it because the coach couldn't have 2 games in a day?

It looks like most of the ECNL games for this team are played on Sunday and the Flight 2 games on Saturday.

The opinion within this thread is out of context. ECNL allows for a large roster, but only 18 play per game. All the 04s on the flight two team are not starters nor major role players on the ECNL team. They are rostered on the ECNL team to get some higher soccer experience. RB has them playing at a higher level to bring up their game. The Flight 2 team is placed appropriately on skill level. Give it some time and you will see they will not runaway with this flight. Don't be fooled to believe the girls on the Flight 2 team are the same as the 04 team that won National Cup. Those girls will not be on the flight 2 roster; and most are playing 03 or moved on to DA.
You totally misread the original complaint and even got it backwards. Playing up is not an issue. In fact, my daughter plays up for WC ECNL and no one objects to that. It's the playing down that is the issue, especially if you're sandbagging a division. That's the point here.

So why aren't they fostered in the Flight 1 team if he is trying to "bring up their game" rather than sitting on the bench for ECNL games? Wouldn't it be better for these developing players to play against Flt 1 kids week in and week out?

RB pulls out all the stops to make it happen for his players but no matter how much recruiting, guesting, scholarships, sandbagging, and yelling he does, the smart players leave and he wonders why. Then a whole new batch of players do the same thing next year. See the thread about Presidents state cup 03 from last year and history will repeat itself.

Why all this animosity towards RB Arsenal as most Clubs do the same as he does. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Legends recruit a lot of his players in 2015 and 2016 and he still rebounded and won Nationals. What promises were made when being recruited, did any make the DA team? I am not jumping on the RB bandwagon or do I always agree with his style but I do have to give him credit when newly formed powerhouses are built with players from his teams.

My question is how many players from these DA teams come from that Clubs system. As an example, how many players on Legends current DA team came from last years Legends North top team. I am specific to North because this team was coached by at minimum one of the DA staff. This would be a good example of a Club developing players as their DA players came from their system. The reason I bring this up is because when you clear the smoke, its about winning. The formula is the same in any sport get the best athletes on one team and win. The key is getting players on one team that are peaking at that moment. Today its one player tomorrow is another.

Look at RB Surf who just disbanded and everyone was thanking him on this forum. Why didn't you stay since he was developing? Why didn't RB Surf keep working to find new players and develop? At the end of the day its about athletes at a given age and who has the shiniest and newest sales pitch to convince players that this is were they will reach their goals. If a coach does not solely rely on coaching for income they usually quit. The work involved to develop a winning team is too much especially if their winning reputation is on the line.

So at the end of the day this is a competitive environment and a business where people make a living in a volatile environment. RB Arsenal is just trying to survive at this time and time will tell if he can repeat what he has done before. From one day to the next a team breaks up, a league loses power and something replaces it with new soldiers. DA is the newest recruiting tool that helps a Club keep their superiority which in turn helps financially. In the end RB Arsenal won Nationals and team was dismantled. One and done is now part of youth sports and coaches are constantly trying to survive any way they can.

So why aren't they fostered in the Flight 1 team if he is trying to "bring up their game" rather than sitting on the bench for ECNL games? Wouldn't it be better for these developing players to play against Flt 1 kids week in and week out?

It would appear based on the Girls program for this Arsenal location that they don't have enough Flight 1 players to play at that level. There are only 13 players on this team, assuming 6-7 are also practice squad players on the ECNL team then the question really is: Do you put a team of which 1/2 of the players should be Flight 3/2 into a Flight 1 bracket knowing they are going to get hammered every game?

I could understand putting a team with 9-10 legitimate Flight 1 players in that Flight knowing its going to be tough with the 4-5 players playing up, but it would appear that the team is playing in the correct bracket. Moreover, Flight 1 is for teams that legitimately can play at the highest level SCDSL offers, if a team isn't legitimate Flight 1, then don't play at that level because you do a disservice to the other Flight 1 teams.

Why all this animosity towards RB Arsenal as most Clubs do the same as he does. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Legends recruit a lot of his players in 2015 and 2016 and he still rebounded and won Nationals. What promises were made when being recruited, did any make the DA team? I am not jumping on the RB bandwagon or do I always agree with his style but I do have to give him credit when newly formed powerhouses are built with players from his teams.

My question is how many players from these DA teams come from that Clubs system. As an example, how many players on Legends current DA team came from last years Legends North top team. I am specific to North because this team was coached by at minimum one of the DA staff. This would be a good example of a Club developing players as their DA players came from their system. The reason I bring this up is because when you clear the smoke, its about winning. The formula is the same in any sport get the best athletes on one team and win. The key is getting players on one team that are peaking at that moment. Today its one player tomorrow is another.

Look at RB Surf who just disbanded and everyone was thanking him on this forum. Why didn't you stay since he was developing? Why didn't RB Surf keep working to find new players and develop? At the end of the day its about athletes at a given age and who has the shiniest and newest sales pitch to convince players that this is were they will reach their goals. If a coach does not solely rely on coaching for income they usually quit. The work involved to develop a winning team is too much especially if their winning reputation is on the line.

So at the end of the day this is a competitive environment and a business where people make a living in a volatile environment. RB Arsenal is just trying to survive at this time and time will tell if he can repeat what he has done before. From one day to the next a team breaks up, a league loses power and something replaces it with new soldiers. DA is the newest recruiting tool that helps a Club keep their superiority which in turn helps financially. In the end RB Arsenal won Nationals and team was dismantled. One and done is now part of youth sports and coaches are constantly trying to survive any way they can.

So with all those players in the Legends North system they were able to develop 1 player to the DA team when a DA coach was the coach. Not knocking it but DA is just another re-shuffle and power shift through the newest glitter. If you can't get the players join a league with powerful backing and then you will compete, is this cheating? Same Coaches, maybe bring in a name to be in charge but in the end the only thing that changed was the creation of an all star team through recruiting and more practices and rules to control the parents. Again, this is how most teams do it but at least be honest and don't call it development. Players develop mostly on their own with how many touches they take on their own and how passionate they are to be the best. A juggling practice for a full practice would be foolish and may work at the younger ages but again top players develop touch on their own. I only mention this because I have seen it, easy money for the coach. Lets not forget the most important part which is natural athletic ability as speed and speed of play is what differentiates the different levels of play. I am also not knocking DA as its basically the new All Star team and it is an accomplishment to make the team. DA will succeed if parents continue to be convinced to follow the glitter and I really do not see who else can form a new league higher than the US. I guess maybe women's professional teams would have to get more attendance and there could be a true professional Academy System. I just don't see that in my lifetime.

The question is what happens to SCDL and Coast as DPL is interesting and can now take the place of these. Power shift means money shift - The next three years will be interesting.

Just make sure you know the history....RB both developed and recruits like anyone else and for many years had the monopoly on the "glitter" you speak of. Now that he doesn't have it, we see a team built of 6 or so players rostered in the ECNL team dual rostered on a flight 2 team.

Is what it is...he has his methods and they work for some. If they don't work work for you, don't let your DD play for him. Otherwise, we should carry on....

No one cares what you do on the top teams to get there. The original question was why are ecnl players playing flight 2? Flight 1 in 03 has a lot of flight 2 teams that moved up from last year. So if you are in flight 2 at this age group, that is watered downfrom last year and see that many ecnl players rostered in a team in your division, you ask why they do it then the haters and RB apologists come out of the woodwork.

Damnnnnnnn! Sorry I'm Late to the party .... but glad to see Arsenal still can rattle up the peanut gallery in babapoopy's vast empty space of a head

Re: Playing Flight 2 ,,,,, Wahhhh, Wahhhh, Wahhhh .... shut up and take a Chupon con Chile or Tajin... your choice..... Si Senor!

I don't see nothing wrong with having players playing down on flight 2 .... in order to give his reserves the space and time to learn the game and build confidence .... too many of you on this board have diarrhea of the face orafice... but hey, I say....what's the big deal exlax, just sit down and let the mouth CaCa flow, just like a lonely turd floating away on the river Ganges (Hidy Hoe!!!)

Re: Girls with same last name
They are Twins, and they are ballers

Re: Player Development
There is a reason that Legends and other DA programs came and raided RB's stock of players .... the dude knows how to develop players for the next level.... flat out ..... just look at the Legends DA teams a 1/3 to 1/2 are former Arsenal players.... hold up, wait a minute Sweet tits!.... before you get madddd! Just remember don't get mad at me, get Mad at facts, "so, so, so, sorry Wad face... me love you long time!"

Re:04's playing up on ECNL 03's
Yes this true, and there holding their own quite well - Those 04's don't typically play down on the flight two....but on the rare occasion that they do play.....

....RB's has them play to help the reserves bring up their game, create chemistry, improve speed of play and increase their Soccer IQ .... in a space conducive to learning .... kind of like a scrimmage game .... their I said it .... now choke on that!!!!! just like termite would choke on a splinter!!! cough, cough, "someone give that termite the Heimlich"

Re: Arsenal team
RB is building back his squad, still has some very nice players on the team who opted to stay and improve their game with RB's training

See you on the pitch with a Sunny-Side order of Whoop Ass!...... "Somabitch"

Damnnnnnnn! Sorry I'm Late to the party .... but glad to see Arsenal still can rattle up the peanut gallery in babapoopy's vast empty space of a head

Re: Playing Flight 2 ,,,,, Wahhhh, Wahhhh, Wahhhh .... shut up and take a Chupon con Chile or Tajin... your choice..... Si Senor!

I don't see nothing wrong with having players playing down on flight 2 .... in order to give his reserves the space and time to learn the game and build confidence .... too many of you on this board have diarrhea of the face orafice... but hey, I say....what's the big deal exlax, just sit down and let the mouth CaCa flow, just like a lonely turd floating away on the river Ganges (Hidy Hoe!!!)

There is a reason that Legends and other DA programs came and raided RB's stock of players .... the dude knows how to develop players for the next level.... flat out ..... just look at the Legends DA teams a 1/3 to 1/2 are former Arsenal players.... hold up, wait a minute Sweet tits!.... before you get madddd! Just remember don't get mad at me, get Mad at facts, "so, so, so, sorry Wad face... me love you long time!"

Yes this true, and there holding their own quite well - Those 04's don't typically play down on the flight two....but on the rare occasion that they do play.....

....RB's has them play to help the reserves bring up their game, create chemistry, improve speed of play and increase their Soccer IQ .... in a space conducive to learning .... kind of like a scrimmage game .... their I said it .... now choke on that!!!!! just like termite would choke on a splinter!!! cough, cough, "someone give that termite the Heimlich"

RB is building back his squad, still has some very nice players on the team who opted to stay and improve their game with RB's training

If the goal is to develop his "reserves", why aren't they playing flight 1?

Kongzilla, I love when you post. You confirm all of the worst about RB and his teams. Thanks!

C'mon Babapoopey - what is it about my post that you don't like ? You can't just post an ambiguous comment ... that's kind of like a dangling participle in the wind ... don't be a shapeless amoeba ... give me more

Back