Anyone at Blues Cup over Labor Day?

What would Labor Day weekend be if not sweating at the fields, and hoping (or not) that you play on Monday? Yes, we will be there.
I wonder if every parent has these thoughts. You are playing that last game, win and you advance, tie or lose and it is over. What do you root for?

The last tourney had that exact thing happen for us. Needed to win 1-0 to advance, but it was not to be as the game ended 0-0. We keeper parents are still happy that our kid did their job ;).

Guest playing that weekend. We are staying Sunday night and doing the beach Monday if we don't advance. My older daughter loves the beach and picked out our hotel so she plans on doing the beach while we watch the younger one play soccer. I'll take the weekend as a win/win no matter what.

I wonder if every parent has these thoughts. You are playing that last game, win and you advance, tie or lose and it is over. What do you root for?

The last tourney had that exact thing happen for us. Needed to win 1-0 to advance, but it was not to be as the game ended 0-0. We keeper parents are still happy that our kid did their job ;).

Guest playing that weekend. We are staying Sunday night and doing the beach Monday if we don't advance. My older daughter loves the beach and picked out our hotel so she plans on doing the beach while we watch the younger one play soccer. I'll take the weekend as a win/win no matter what.

Sand Sculpting challenge: https://ussandsculpting.com/

DD's team advanced and we play today. Very tough and physical semi-finals game that had to be settled via PKs. Maybe I should not have joked about everyone loving PKs.
Good luck in the finals. We lost to the two teams in the finals in the blue division, shut out both games. The good news was my daughter had tons of action in goal. Faced many many shots, and good to see that she is a difference maker on the field vs those teams, keeping her team in the game. Nice weekend of soccer.

18 PKs in that semi final pk shootout! My Surf friends say it was back and forth action with very fast speed of play but neither team could find a goal due to the GKs and defenses. PKs are a rough way to end a game but I'm glad Surf made it through and went on to win today's final! Go Surf!

18 PKs in that semi final pk shootout! My Surf friends say it was back and forth action with very fast speed of play but neither team could find a goal due to the GKs and defenses. PKs are a rough way to end a game but I'm glad Surf made it through and went on to win today's final! Go Surf!

During pool play, both teams were the only 2 teams in the Flight 1 bracket to allowed no goals in the 3 games. So going into this semi-finals game, I knew it would be a tough hard match. Neither team slowed down during the entire 60 minutes. With the game ending 0-0, that made it 4 straight shutouts for both teams. That's pretty amazing in my opinion. It was tough to lose in KFTM (PKs), ( 9 rounds at that) but that's soccer for you. I spoke to a couple of the Surf parents after the match and they agreed that they wish there was overtime for this match since it was so good. Congratulations on winning the Blues Cup in the finals. Good luck in the upcoming season and hopefully we'll met up down the road in another tournament for a rematch :)

During pool play, both teams were the only 2 teams in the Flight 1 bracket to allowed no goals in the 3 games. So going into this semi-finals game, I knew it would be a tough hard match. Neither team slowed down during the entire 60 minutes. With the game ending 0-0, that made it 4 straight shutouts for both teams. That's pretty amazing in my opinion. It was tough to lose in KFTM (PKs), ( 9 rounds at that) but that's soccer for you. I spoke to a couple of the Surf parents after the match and they agreed that they wish there was overtime for this match since it was so good. Congratulations on winning the Blues Cup in the finals. Good luck in the upcoming season and hopefully we'll met up down the road in another tournament for a rematch :)

Thanks for the report, everyone I talked to said it was a great game and they were really happy to make it through to the finals. Apparently Surf GK shined throughout the game and kept it going into the PKs...kudos to her! But I do agree that overtime is always better than straight to PKs. Also I thought the semis and finals were 70 minute games not 60? They always used to be at BC.

Not to take anything away from the other GK, 4 shutouts for each team is amazing indeed.

At National Cup a few months back my DD was in tears as her old team got knocked out on KFTM and she wasn't even playing. Such a hard way to be eliminated.

Thanks for the report, everyone I talked to said it was a great game and they were really happy to make it through to the finals. Apparently Surf GK shined throughout the game and kept it going into the PKs...kudos to her! But I do agree that overtime is always better than straight to PKs. Also I thought the semis and finals were 70 minute games not 60? They always used to be at BC.

You are correct - It was 70 minutes . My mistake

Back